This topic is locked from further discussion.

chargingcable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 chargingcable
Member since 2009 • 225 Posts

i have heardsome good and some bad about moster hunter.I want a game that i can put a lot of time into, so isthis the game for me?

XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 XBryanFuryX
Member since 2009 • 845 Posts

Cant rly tell...for me it was a 1hr play and then i was like: 'god...screw this game' !! But my friend on the other hand likes it...so it rly depends on the one whos playing!!

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts
Cant say whether the game is for you, but just today I was talking to a friend of mine and he said it was one the best games he had tried.
darkPSPfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkPSPfan
Member since 2007 • 4934 Posts
i have 250 hours in it + and i still think its a interesting game. but if i were you,id wait for monster hunter unite that is supposed to come out this year. it'll have more maps and creatures to kill. im gonna get that too and trade in my mh freedom 2 for it hehe
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
Try it, it's either hit or miss, the first one is pretty cheap now to.
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
I bought the 2nd one the other say and I'm enjoying it so far. Granted I am only still doing the basic weapon training and baby quests but I like the "download" content and features like that. I think its a game that either sucks you in or doesnt.
f1l200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 f1l200
Member since 2004 • 507 Posts

i love it

i would try and pick up the first one maybe and if you like it get unite when it comes out

chibiReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 chibiReaper
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I have over 500+ hours in the game and it's still addicting. It's especially fun multiplayer and most people who play for an hour or two aren't far enough in the game to realize much about it. In Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for example, you have to get past the Yian Kut Ku (which is basically a wall for people because it's the first time people realize that they have to be able to recognize attacks and use timing to hit things instead of running up and smacking monsters to death.) I'd try out MHF2 to see if you'd like the game (I found mine for $5 in a bargain bin) and then upgrade if you like it since the data transfers over.

If you're one of those people who play games as far as they can if they look interesting just because you can, you'd enjoy it. If you're the type who says the first ten minutes don't interest me, screw this, then this game is not for you.

You'll need patience.
And friends. :D

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
It depends on yourself. Some people love it and some people hate it. As for me, I HATE it. Worst crap Capcom has ever made imo. People who say "you should be patient and spend some time before you get into it" make me laugh. Why should I torture myself? I hate the game, I don't play it. Fortunately there are lots of people who actually like to torture themselves, thus, I had no problem getting rid of it and got to trade it fast.
leonklauser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 leonklauser
Member since 2009 • 187 Posts

watch it, you like it, get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3na2QL8oIY&fmt=18

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts
Okay why doesn't anyone try this? Gamestop sells games used and you have 7 dyas ot return for any reason. (Don't like it? Well you cna get your money back just for that reason). SO why not get it that way. Don't like then return by 7 days and you have your money back.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
Okay why doesn't anyone try this? Gamestop sells games used and you have 7 dyas ot return for any reason. (Don't like it? Well you cna get your money back just for that reason). SO why not get it that way. Don't like then return by 7 days and you have your money back.DarkMaster7991
Yep, that's what I do a lot of the time.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

There's something I think a lot of these threads leave out when trying to explain the game to the questioner, and that is the concept of grinding and how it plays into the game.

It's all about the grind, catching fish, catching bugs, growing herbs, mining ore, finding 'shrooms... growing plants and 'shrooms... heh heh:P

... but there's this huge element of grinding in "Monster Hunter", and in the beginning in order to get aquainted with everything you have a lot of reading to do... and there are some silly JRPG-ish things like cute little talking kitties who make things for you or do other things in the game... you take orders from chicks and you have a lot of skin exposed... some might question the manliness of it all...

... but I like it, and I'm not traditionally a 'grinder.

I can see where some would hate it right off the bat, so I would watch some YouTubes and maybe be prepared to take a little store credit for turning in a copy before the seven days are up... I made a chick warrior who looks a lot like my girlfriend of ten years and named it after her as well, which she thinks is eternally cute and she likes to rest her head on my shoulder as I play so she can watch he lil' warrior self kick some butt (or harvest ore, plants, herbs, 'shrooms, talk to kitties...) It's been a fun thing for us to share.

This game is NOT for everyone, it's for people who like RPGs and other detail-oriented, involved, side-quest grind-ola. If you haven't completed a Final Fantasy game, then just put the game case down and back away slowly, because it's gonna intimidate or bore the **** out of you immediately. The graphics are really nice in my opinion although you read a lot of trashing on these forums... (I have MHF2, maybe MHF does have bad graphic problems,I dunno). The sound is great, and once you get with the timing of attacks and dodging/ rolling out of harm's way it can be much more precise than you initially feel, the secret being the center-camera button (Left Shoulder) when in a fight, and trying not to allow the enemy to flank you (which is common sense to a FPS Freak like me, so it works out well for me).

It's been a lot of fun, finding new stuff and going new places... but there's a ton of stuff I'm probably missing and I'll get stuck in the later stages of the game and be on here all frustrated and screaming that the game in fact SUCKS... but who knows. For now it's fun to futz around with in between manic battles of "Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX" and "Space Invaders Extreme".

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts

There's something I think a lot of these threads leave out when trying to explain the game to the questioner, and that is the concept of grinding and how it plays into the game.

It's all about the grind, catching fish, catching bugs, growing herbs, mining ore, finding 'shrooms... growing plants and 'shrooms... heh heh:P

... but there's this huge element of grinding in "Monster Hunter", and in the beginning in order to get aquainted with everything you have a lot of reading to do... and there are some silly JRPG-ish things like cute little talking kitties who make things for you or do other things in the game... you take orders from chicks and you have a lot of skin exposed... some might question the manliness of it all...

... but I like it, and I'm not traditionally a 'grinder.

I can see where some would hate it right off the bat, so I would watch some YouTubes and maybe be prepared to take a little store credit for turning in a copy before the seven days are up... I made a chick warrior who looks a lot like my girlfriend of ten years and named it after her as well, which she thinks is eternally cute and she likes to rest her head on my shoulder as I play so she can watch he lil' warrior self kick some butt (or harvest ore, plants, herbs, 'shrooms, talk to kitties...) It's been a fun thing for us to share.

This game is NOT for everyone, it's for people who like RPGs and other detail-oriented, involved, side-quest grind-ola. If you haven't completed a Final Fantasy game, then just put the game case down and back away slowly, because it's gonna intimidate or bore the **** out of you immediately. The graphics are really nice in my opinion although you read a lot of trashing on these forums... (I have MHF2, maybe MHF does have bad graphic problems,I dunno). The sound is great, and once you get with the timing of attacks and dodging/ rolling out of harm's way it can be much more precise than you initially feel, the secret being the center-camera button (Left Shoulder) when in a fight, and trying not to allow the enemy to flank you (which is common sense to a FPS Freak like me, so it works out well for me).

It's been a lot of fun, finding new stuff and going new places... but there's a ton of stuff I'm probably missing and I'll get stuck in the later stages of the game and be on here all frustrated and screaming that the game in fact SUCKS... but who knows. For now it's fun to futz around with in between manic battles of "Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX" and "Space Invaders Extreme".

ston3henge

That was the biggest (and longest) crap I have ever read. Specially the part where you put a Final Fantasy game and this **** in the same category. No matter how many 'articles' you write to praise this game, it SUCKS.

XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XBryanFuryX

I made a chick warrior who looks a lot like my girlfriend of ten years and named it after her as well, which she thinks is eternally cute and she likes to rest her head on my shoulder as I play so she can watch he lil' warrior self kick some butt (or harvest ore, plants, herbs, 'shrooms, talk to kitties...) It's been a fun thing for us to share.

ston3henge

What the hell man...

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

That was the biggest (and longest) crap I have ever read. Specially the part where you put a Final Fantasy game and this **** in the same category. No matter how many 'articles' you write to praise this game, it SUCKS.

pooyanh

Hey man that is your opinion, but we all got different taste and monster hunter is the most populer game in Japan so I am sure many does not agree with you.

As I said before, one of friends absolutely loves the game.

CosbyOwnsStuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CosbyOwnsStuff
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts
If you have friends who can invest time into the game with you. Then you should pick it up. The multiplayer really does make the game.
pillaysteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pillaysteven
Member since 2003 • 52 Posts
I wonder why gamers seem to constantly mention their girlfriends in posts. Talk about seeking attention... anyway. I tried to get into the game but couldn't. If you're willing to put in the time then you might like it. But as far as I could tell there's a very steep initial learning curve.
nuggettime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 nuggettime
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

yeah it just depends on the person playing... some people like the controls but others hatethem with a pasion lol

If you have friends with it then you should get it without a dought multiplayer makes this game

and definitly get if you want a game that you can sink alot of hours into cause... im a little ashamed of it but I've spentjust about500 hours in just the second one

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Well it's hard to tell, but since the game is cheap you might as well get it - Myself, I didn't like teh game, and I'm not to sure why everyone likes it.
Dualmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21 Dualmask
Member since 2004 • 1639 Posts

Personally, I think the games are very good. I played both MHF 1 and 2 on PSP and I intend to get MH3 on Wii when it finally comes out. I found the series highly entertaining, to a point. I enjoy trying out the various weapons (love the Bow and Arrow, Hammerand Long Sword)and taking on the many challenges, but for me there came a point where the challenge outweighs the fun... for the PSP games that was around HR4. Still, having easily put over 200 hours in both titles I felt they were both well worth the money I spent on them.

Besides the learning curve issue, what you're going to hear a lot about are the controls and animations. Things can be awkward, having to stop moving for a full five seconds to consume a potion, maintain sharpness of your weapons, have quests ruined because you forgot to bring something as simple as hot drinks or materials to create new ammo for your bowgun... There are a lot of issues that may annoy the casual gamer, but once you get used to it all, it can be immersive.

There's no way anyone can tell you if you'll like it or not. There really isn't much out there like it. I personally found the Freedom games highly enjoyable, but not worth 100% completing. I'm looking forward to playing multiplayer on Wii though.

yampi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yampi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Its a hit and miss game me and 2 mate love it and have put 250+ hours into it where as another of my mate just cannot see the point in spending 15+ hours before u can hunt a kut-ku without been scared that its gonna rape u
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ston3henge

I wasn't contradicting anyone who thinks the game is no fun, but be fair it doesn't suck. It's more than playable, and past that it's a matter of taste. I didn't mean to sound as if I was saying anything different. And sue me for having a relationship. the only thing I was pointing out in my post were points of the game I hadn't heard anyone state before. Sorry I seem to have offended so many. That was certainly not my intention.

XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XBryanFuryX

I wasn't contradicting anyone who thinks the game is no fun, but be fair it doesn't suck. It's more than playable, and past that it's a matter of taste. I didn't mean to sound as if I was saying anything different. And sue me for having a relationship. the only thing I was pointing out in my post were points of the game I hadn't heard anyone state before. Sorry I seem to have offended so many. That was certainly not my intention.

ston3henge

where did u get that silly thought that u have offended smone...

P.S.

MH Sucks big time...^^

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ston3henge

Enough already, stop being childish.

XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XBryanFuryX

how am i being childish...im just stating the facts...!!

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkMaster7991
Thats not a fact saying Monster Hunter sucks. thats an opinion.
XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XBryanFuryX

Thats not a fact saying Monster Hunter sucks. thats an opinion.DarkMaster7991

Thats just a P.S. my true opinion was stated like 3 times before in different threads about this game, but the message i wrote before P.S. is infact a fact lol!!

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DarkMaster7991

[QUOTE="DarkMaster7991"]Thats not a fact saying Monster Hunter sucks. thats an opinion.XBryanFuryX

Thats just a P.S. my true opinion was stated like 3 times before in different threads about this game, but the message i wrote before P.S. is infact a fact lol!!

Yeah thats true. He didn't really offend someone..or didn't seem too...
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ston3henge

Whatever. Game On. Cya.

leonklauser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 leonklauser
Member since 2009 • 187 Posts

Learn how to play the game before you judge it. You can't really hate a game if you don't know how to play it.

Wait a minute I take it back, hating a game because you don't know how to play it is one of the main reasons why someone would hate a game.