This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpiderBot007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpiderBot007
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
Why all the hate thrown at it? I thought it was great, in fact, a GotY contender for me, but I guess thats my opinion.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
The campaign was fun, but I couldn't help but compare the multiplayer to Battlefield BC2, CoD2, Modern Warfare (1) and GRAW. I couldn't get into the online portion of the game - it wasn't fun for me. Does that make me a hater because I didn't like the multiplayer? The Campaign was fun.
SpiderBot007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SpiderBot007
Haha, no that doesnt make you a hater. I just dont see why people hate the game PERIOD.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I really liked the campaign , I just think it could be longer , y'know , beating in one afternoon is just too quick.As for the mp it's really fun once you learn that the respawn is kinda broken and to avoid snipers.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

a 7.0 game is a 7.0 :P

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Campaign - pretty good. Multiplayer - mindless. Not good at all. It's a camping game. I heard stories of people complaining about camping in MW2... that's NOTHING compared to MOH. They might as well remove the assault and special ops classes and leave only Sniper.
ahmedelsaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ahmedelsaka
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

i think that it deserves a 6.5 cuz its way too undercooked i think that it should have been in development for another year and it might of gotten good enough and got an 8.5 or a 9

wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 wawasjohn
Member since 2008 • 411 Posts
story mode good but to short. online to much CAMPING
agarwal_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 agarwal_a
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

Campaign was awesome!!!!!!!!

Online sucked it was like the PSP version.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
story mode good but to short. online to much CAMPINGwawasjohn
Not just your typical camping but base camping/killing.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
campers are easy to take out in this game. i love running behind ppl sitting in the back of the map and getting easy kills
Foxdies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Foxdies
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts
i think most of the haters never even played the game, or didnt get into it very deep either way..i love the game too, the campaign is too short, thats a fact, but other than that it was good, felt more authentic like they said, and more grownup and realistic because of that too.. also loving the multiplayer still..also feels more realistic and grownup to me, not just being some kind of one man army rambo like in cod, feels a bit like MAG to me, more grownup and real, keeping the line of defence and pushing it, no one man teams in here..its all about the teamplay which i love, this is what warfare is like, you can't do anything by yourself, you're a well trained team that has to work together to get the job done.. so yea in that aspect i love it when it comes down it both cod and bf bc are great games, and so is MOH..let the haters think what they want, it's their loss..
Flatbattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flatbattery
Member since 2009 • 463 Posts
I enjoy MoH much more than CoD because a mp match in MoH feels more like a battle rather than a game of army in the school playground. Yes you are going to get campers, but that's what happens when you are attacking an objective, it's an effective defensive tactic but still beatable, and as for snipers, they've now been nerfed so you don't get so many. I find MoH a lot more satisfying and if, as many people have said around these forums, that BFBC2 is better then I may have to invest in that. I've owned MW,WAW and MW2 and sadly BO does not appeal to me as I'm sure it will be the exact same gameplay, crappy p2p matchmaking and child infested community just with new maps. Obviously that's only my opinion.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Why all the hate thrown at it? I thought it was great, in fact, a GotY contender for me, but I guess thats my opinion.SpiderBot007
GOTY? No way. It was mediocre, had little content... It basicaly is a BC2 clone with less into it. Multiplayer is so boring in this game... Ive spent over 100 hours in BC2 but this got boring after few hours, honestly.
Foxdies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Foxdies
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts
@ Flatbattery yea you're gonna like the bf bc's if you like moh...although i like the core gameplay of moh more, cause it just feels like one team going against another, in bf bc its more like these 3-4 man squads that take it up to each other...so more traveling in vehicles and flanking your way around using the destruction to make a path, in moh its more about the actual shooting, not too much wasting time on traveling and all that.. but yea if you like moh you might wanna give the bf bc's a try too
SpiderBot007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpiderBot007
[QUOTE="SpiderBot007"]Why all the hate thrown at it? I thought it was great, in fact, a GotY contender for me, but I guess thats my opinion.tommyas
GOTY? No way. It was mediocre, had little content... It basicaly is a BC2 clone with less into it. Multiplayer is so boring in this game... Ive spent over 100 hours in BC2 but this got boring after few hours, honestly.

I didnt mean litterally, I just ment I really liked it...
SpiderBot007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpiderBot007
[QUOTE="Flatbattery"]I enjoy MoH much more than CoD because a mp match in MoH feels more like a battle rather than a game of army in the school playground. Yes you are going to get campers, but that's what happens when you are attacking an objective, it's an effective defensive tactic but still beatable, and as for snipers, they've now been nerfed so you don't get so many. I find MoH a lot more satisfying and if, as many people have said around these forums, that BFBC2 is better then I may have to invest in that. I've owned MW,WAW and MW2 and sadly BO does not appeal to me as I'm sure it will be the exact same gameplay, crappy p2p matchmaking and child infested community just with new maps. Obviously that's only my opinion.

Sorry fot the double post, but I AGREE EXACTLY! The only reason Im getting BO is because thats all my friends are going to be playing
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
u must not have played a lot of games this year if thats what you thinking.. it was poorly done and just a cheap imitation of modern warfare 2
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
It's getting hate because it's not Call of Duty. That's really the only reason.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It's getting hate because it's not Call of Duty. That's really the only reason.n33d2skate

It's not Battlefield either.I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty, I'm more of a Battlefield player. But CLEARLY Medal of Honor is lacking... even compared to the yearly rehash of Call of Duty it provided alot less content, and was just a lesser game than the NUMEROUS shooters already out (nevermind Black Ops and Bad Company 2 with it's vietnam expansion). No way in hell is this game of the year. It's barely even "average".

Medal of Honor - shortest campaign (and riddled with glitches). I still found it enjoyable. But just too short and glitchy for a AAA budgeted game.

Medal of Honor - no co-op, no special-op, no zombies, NOTHING. So it has a shorter campaign AND lacks features.

Medal of Honor multiplayer - it at least competes here. but the maps were pretty bad IMO and only 4 modes and hardly any maps per game mode.Clearly even the multiplayer was just something Dice "tacked on" between working on Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.I realize there is now a 5th game mode, not sure if I'm going to even get to check it out as I've already sold the game and have to mail it away soon.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

theuncharted34
Honestly, theuncharted34 makes a point. The game got a 7.0. This isn't to say some people won't enjoy it, but it does say there were plenty of things wrong with the game that prevents it from being great...even good. The game could be summarized with "meh".
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

To be honest MOH is by far better then COD. THE guns and sound are more realistic then COD guns that sound like beebee guns.:roll:

The camping ?snipers is great reduces the run and gun BS hey lets run out in this open field and not get shot. MOH changes the gameplay its more of shoot and scoot tactics with your teammates right there throwing smoke grenades to get across an open area. Give it time MoH will be better next installment.

Phacet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Phacet
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts

the only thing i hate is the battlefield style graphics where everything looks like it made outta papier mache'. ugly, but i can deal with it

not a bad game at all, but not as good as the true tier 1 shooters. they need to do something different to cod tho - removing check points from the shorthanded and hollow campaign DOES NOT equate to a new game mode. tis better than all of the battlefield games tho.

joeywiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 joeywiz
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts

As long as you enjoy it, who cares what anyone else says? I am really liking this game as well. It is a nice change of pace from COD. Sure, there are definitely areas where they need to improve, but hopefully they take in all of the feedback and make a truly amazing game for the sequel. The campaign should have been longer, but the last few missions were pretty sick.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Amazing but short campaign

Frontline is great

The Battlefield 3 beta is a nice addition

The multiplayer is terrible.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I think the game is fine, it's the fans and detractors who are the problem. I'm tired of the chest-puffing and the dirt throwing, This is Better, That is Not, blahblahblah-0h-whooooo-CARES??? If you dig it, fine. If you don't, fine. But stop biting at each other, no matter what "side" you're on. It's a VIDEO GAME, not a human rights issue. Get over it. Play games and show some positive feeling for your fellow gamer, for once. Please?

Respect: We could do with a little more of it around here. Peace All.

:)

SpiderBot007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpiderBot007

I think the game is fine, it's the fans and detractors who are the problem. I'm tired of the chest-puffing and the dirt throwing, This is Better, That is Not, blahblahblah-0h-whooooo-CARES??? If you dig it, fine. If you don't, fine. But stop biting at each other, no matter what "side" you're on. It's a VIDEO GAME, not a human rights issue. Get over it. Play games and show some positive feeling for your fellow gamer, for once. Please?

Respect: We could do with a little more of it around here. Peace All.

:)

MonkeySpot
Thank you sir. :D
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
Why all the hate thrown at it? I thought it was great, in fact, a GotY contender for me, but I guess thats my opinion.SpiderBot007
personally I liked the game before the patch now its crappy 4.5 for me.. The game was tough when I played it cuz everyone would go snipers and 99 percnet of the time thats what would kill me but they patched snipers and well the challenge is gone.. the game was suppose to go on realism but it takes 2 hits to kill your target? that **** aint real.
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DevilishStyles
Member since 2010 • 766 Posts
Compare the game to MW2 and BFBC2. MoH doesn't compete against Mw2, let alone BFBC2. MoH doesn't offer more, nor does it innovate and bring something new to the table. The game sucks, let it go, enjoy your rushed title, and stop crying about it. Maybe you should make a thread addressing how they can improve it. Notice how the less realistic games are the ones that sell the most and are the most popular. Realism =/= Fun. I've played PS2 games more realisitc than MoH.
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DevilishStyles
Member since 2010 • 766 Posts
Compare the game to MW2 and BFBC2. MoH doesn't compete against Mw2, let alone BFBC2. MoH doesn't offer more, nor does it innovate and bring something new to the table. The game sucks, let it go, enjoy your rushed title, and stop crying about it. Maybe you should make a thread addressing how they can improve it. Notice how the less realistic games are the ones that sell the most and are the most popular. Realism =/= Fun. I've played PS2 games more realisitc than MoH.
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wawasjohn
Member since 2008 • 411 Posts
i have played online for ten hours now and it is just now coming good
josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#32 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
I loved the SP. There was a Ranger named Dante Adams. My last name is Adams. It tripped me out when they started yelling "Follow me Adams!" Made my life. The MP is fun once you learn how things go. It's all about spawn control. After the snipers were fixed I got into it so much more. =)
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I love it, but there is still so many things wrong with the game. Bad framerate in the singleplayer, too short, too easy, and it wasn't just as engaging as it could have been. Multiplayer, while fun, was a mess. One shot snipers, campers, lag, terrible autoaim, textures looking like people, bad spawning, lack of ranks/unlocks, poorly made maps, the list goes on.
IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IAmDazzle
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
OMG. It's always about "hatin'" with everyone. Seriously. If the game isn't up to par, it isn't. End of story. The game isn't BAD by any means. The problem lies in it's doing nothing new, and not doing it extremely well. It's simply a competent shooter. It doesn't stand out in any way.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The single player was ok but the multiplayer did not click for me.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#36 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
The single player was ok but the multiplayer did not click for me.wooooode
Same, I literally smashed my old SIXAXIS due to frustration.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#37 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

People are always going to hate certain games

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#38 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

People are always going to hate certain games

Venom_Raptor
Yeh, there will always be lovers and haters.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I dont hate the game i just dont care for it.
blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
campaign not POLISHED at all AS I EXPECTED A POLISHED GAME FROM EA ,poor graphics other wise gameplay was pretty much solid multiplayer was good but not bc2 or mw2 good FAR TOO MANY GLITCHES AND BUGS + spawning problems + overly powered snipers + if ur friend comes on line or goes offline game freezes for 2-5 seconds and 1 or 2 times it totally froze on me MEDAL OF HONOUR FROZE 3 TIMES ON ME only other games that froze on me once were mafia 2 and uc1 out of >50 games i have played on ps3
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

theuncharted34

lol it's 6.5 at IGN. in fact, anything under 8 is very rubbish, imo. Unless they are selling it at $10.

Inkonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Inkonk
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts
I really enjoyed the campaign,but found the MP frustrating and tedious.Also they need to seperate the top players from the beginers and average because every gam is dominated by 2 top players on each side who prefer to massacre the others rather than play hardcore. It is a decent game ruined by a selfish few.
Ltdvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ltdvs
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I pre-order and played the beta, I came to cancel the pre-order after the lack of content. I mean come on man the lack of guns was a turn off itself. Its like EA think content is not as important than gameplay. (A mixture of call of duty and bfbc2 gameplay didnt do it, but a mixture of there content will.)