Modnation weapons ruin the game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I just rented the game and you can't even move in the higher standings without being hit by lighting or missles. Its worst then the blue shells in Mario Kart.

Does anyone else hate the weapons in the game and think it ruins it

sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts

I think the driving part ruins the game. Why should I have to drive when all I want to do is shoot stuff? :roll:

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

I just rented the game and you can't even move in the higher standings without being hit by lighting or missles. Its worst then the blue shells in Mario Kart.

Cruse34
Thats why I hate cart racing games... but honestly you should try posting your grudge elsewhere, like in "general gaming discussion", seeing that you probably hate cart racers as much as I do. Thats kool though, I'm not trippin, just givin' you a heads-up.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cruse34

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Temps567

Thats why I hate cart racing games... but honestly you should try posting your grudge elsewhere, like in "general gaming discussion", seeing that you probably hate cart racers as much as I do. Thats kool though, I'm not trippin, just givin' you a heads-up.

No I really don't mind cart racers usally, but this is the worst I've ever seen in ModNation

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

[QUOTE="Temps567"][QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Cruse34

No I really don't mind cart racers usally, but this is the worst I've ever seen in ModNation

damn... thats cold... at least give the game some credit... you can make Chuck Norris your avatar
maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Learn how to earn points and use your shield.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
4 words. You have a shield.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
People always find something to complain about. You have a shield and weapons too you know.
forrma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 forrma
Member since 2010 • 189 Posts

well I think the game is kinda fun. And you have a shield for that dude, try using it. I love the driftin, I JUST WISH I COULD DRIft THat GOOD IN MY DAMN CAR!!!!!:x

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i love the game. while weapons make the game frustratingin single player. it's fun to overcome them and makes winning a lot more satisfying :)

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Sounds like you're just bad at kart racers. Unlike most this game actually have a shield button that fends off attacks.

If you're complaining about NPC rubberbanding it's pretty much inevitable.

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

Learn how to earn points and use your shield.

maxx1458
pretty much this, and if you cant work out how to use a shield with a simple press of a button perhaps gaming isnt for you.
octoman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 octoman115
Member since 2010 • 765 Posts

Use your shield. It is there for a reason.

hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Cruse34

I agree with you man...its like worst to first finishes in that game.

Many times i was in 1st, saw an attack coming and USED THE SHIELD. It did not matter, the attacks seemed to go straight through. Not to mention, it DOES run out if that bar on the left of the screen is empty. Boost and shield...SAME JUICE BAR. Sometimes, you HAVE NO DEFENSE.

So how about the people insulting those who dislike this aspect of the game stop, because the shield actually is quite useless most of the time.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

sorry but the shield is crap. 50% of the time i would use it and still get hit with the damn weapons (mainly the electric power up)

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

hawk549

I agree with you man...its like worst to first finishes in that game.

Many times i was in 1st, saw an attack coming and USED THE SHIELD. It did not matter, the attacks seemed to go straight through. Not to mention, it DOES run out if that bar on the left of the screen is empty. Boost and shield...SAME JUICE BAR. Sometimes, you HAVE NO DEFENSE.

So how about the people insulting those who dislike this aspect of the game stop, because the shield actually is quite useless most of the time.

It's actually not useless. Yes, boost and shield use the same bar, but that adds depth to the game. You probably boost every chance you get, which leaves you with no defenses, when most people factor in the shield and save as much of their bar for defense as they do offense. It's a balancing act. If you're doing well in the race (hardly any mistakes) you don't need to rely on your whole boost bar. The shield is very useful actually. It's about proper timing.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Like everyone else has said, learn to use the shield. You're screwed though when you block one attack only to have another one immediately zone in on you, that seems to happen a lot with CPU

Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts
Drift also ruins the game. I played the demo without weapons. i prefer pure races.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

no....thats the whole point of the game to use the weapons as your advantage...i havent played it yet but is seems like i game thats fun like mario cart was.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Shield runs out too quickly :?

Many times I use the shiled on an attack, and suddenly another attack comes in while my bar has just emptied and poof: I go down from first to fifth (usually happens right before the finish line as well). I eventually just left the game, it's quite irritating.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#22 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
The shield is there for a reason. It's actually quite simple to use your shield..sure sometimes it doesn't work, but that's because you timed it wrong or the bar ran out before you got hit.
hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Shield runs out too quickly :?

Many times I use the shiled on an attack, and suddenly another attack comes in while my bar has just emptied and poof: I go down from first to fifth (usually happens right before the finish line as well). I eventually just left the game, it's quite irritating.

finalserenade75

Exactly, and this happens too often to warrant any fun. I mean there is some fun too be had, but with this kind of frequent frustration it overshadows most of the fun.

Maybe my approach should not be to look at this game as a racing game.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

You know how to shield, right? If you get good at timing your shield they shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cruse34

You know how to shield, right? If you get good at timing your shield they shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Ospov

The sheild doesn't really like, and often you get hit while its still on the circle is still on

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

Cruse34

The sheild doesn't really like, and often you get hit while its still on the circle is still on

Umm...what? :? I know the shield can act up sometimes during online matches, but I couldn't understand what you were saying...

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#27 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Drift also ruins the game. I played the demo without weapons. i prefer pure races. Rootbeer95
Drifting is the best part of the game once you get used to it and the tracks it's easy.