MMO's on console = trouble for industry ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dongalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Dongalos
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

when i played World of Warcraft and Guild Wars on the PC I didn't touch any other video games nor did i care to

I think this is the reason we don't see titles like Guild Wars with its Free Online and Massive Multiplayer like RPG gamestyle on consoles is that if they are actually well made and addicting nobody will pick up another game = less sales for other games on the console

MMO's = ultimate replayability ....people get hooked and don't for a few months or even years look at any other game once they get it

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

when i played World of Warcraft and Guild Wars on the PC I didn't touch any other video games nor did i care to

I think this is the reason we don't see titles like Guild Wars with its Free Online and Massive Multiplayer like RPG gamestyle on consoles is that if they are actually well made and addicting nobody will pick up another game = less sales for other games on the console

MMO's = ultimate replayability ....people get hooked and don't for a few months or even years look at any other game once they get it

Dongalos

agreed =P i'm a guildwars player too.

white_jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 white_jaguar
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
yea ur right about hurting industry. LOL also the ps3 would overheat, cuz we would logg mad hours.
coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts

well age of conan takes a few gigs to install. then add updates. i dont know how many consoles players will like that.

thats just an example of one game. lastly i would say that there are mmos for consoles and there have been for a while. phantasy star online, final fantasy online and everquest to name some.

dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
In a way true, i like MMO's but, i wouldnt ignore big titles (DMC, MGS) :P!
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 efrucht
Member since 2008 • 1596 Posts
You have a point there. You know, It would be cool if Home had an mmorpg type section with adventures and all.... just a fanboy dream..
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
I think it's more because of the limited buttons, difficulty to type and other problems, rather than people being scared that their customers aren't going to get to play their rival's games.

Some people :/