mhfu solo kill on rathalos?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akantor-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 akantor-slayer
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i really need to kill this rathalos but i cant go online at the mo ive killed a rathian on solo but i cant kill the los , i have blango gauntlets rathalos tasset rathian helm ceanateur mail ceanateur leggings and a couple of pretty powerfull weapons( such as khezu shock sword, chick decapitator and aa katana with 524 damage and 224 fire attribute) its the 2 star rathalos guild quest i need to kill it solo any suggestions? thanks
Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

well, I'm pretty sure the Rathlos has a fire attribute, so anything that has that attribute isn't going to do as much damage as it should (I believe). I managed to kill the Rathlos with the Velocidrome Bite (sword and shield that does like around 120 damage) and the help of many many traps and bombs.

I'd suggest carrying 2 trap tools, a pitfall trap, and a shock trap along with 3 large barrel bombs, 10 small barrel bombs, and a hefty amount of paintballs and wetstones (if your weapon dulls quickly...) I like to be prepared and make sure it's not going to get back up...

but you can always look for FAQs about taking down Rathlos and other monsters

akantor-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 akantor-slayer
thanks but ive tried looking for faqs against it but there arnt much good ones, also i do carry trap tools at all time i keep 3 life powder, generally 5 mega potions, 10 potions, herbs, blue mushrooms, 20 wetstones, 10 paintballs, the 9 frstaidmed in the blue box, armor seeds, power seeds, armor skins, mega armor skins,demondrug, mega demondrug , spider web and ivy. all that but its still just so hard. and do u kno how i can like counter that move where he jumps back and shoots the ground or something cos that can kill me in 1 sometimes....... also velocidrome bite, is that the wep with para attrib cos i think i have the lesser version of that....? and also again ive been told that dragon resistence is where when ur fighting the dragon/wyvern/watever like when its not hurling fire at u and stuff but like tail attacks and headbutts and stuff is that what dragon resistence helps with?
Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

thanks but ive tried looking for faqs against it but there arnt much good ones, also i do carry trap tools at all time i keep 3 life powder, generally 5 mega potions, 10 potions, herbs, blue mushrooms, 20 wetstones, 10 paintballs, the 9 frstaidmed in the blue box, armor seeds, power seeds, armor skins, mega armor skins,demondrug, mega demondrug , spider web and ivy. all that but its still just so hard. and do u kno how i can like counter that move where he jumps back and shoots the ground or something cos that can kill me in 1 sometimes....... also velocidrome bite, is that the wep with para attrib cos i think i have the lesser version of that....? and also again ive been told that dragon resistence is where when ur fighting the dragon/wyvern/watever like when its not hurling fire at u and stuff but like tail attacks and headbutts and stuff is that what dragon resistence helps with?akantor-slayer

well, Dragon resistance helps on the monsters that have dragon attribute (I believe you can tell what attribute it has by looking at the info you can by, I haven't played ina while) Velocidrome Bite is just a sword and shield made from Velocidrome parts (the blue alphamale raptors) it's weak kind of...

By the sounds of it, you use the great sword or the long swords, they can be good and powerful (the great sword I find is great for knocking monsters over) but I perfer sword and shield and the dual swords.

If you can, take on the Yian Garuga a couple times and make some weapons out of it, they have like a 20% chance of landing a critical hit. Also, make sure your armor is upgraded too (though I'm sure you figured that out) decorations help (you can makes ones that raise your resistance of certain attributes)

Something I do for taking on monsters that just really piss me off to my boiling point (such as the green plesioth because for some reason he was the only one I couldn't kill) I make a bow (since it's fast and has no ammo limit) and upgrade it and use empty bottles to make coatings and usually use it to kill them monster.

I hope this helps you, because honestly, I'm not the biggest Monster Hunter buff (though I've played all the PSP games...)

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

Well I see that you have most of the rathian set which means you have fought enough ians, now basically just treata los like an ian, except never forget that los will attack from the air instead of do flips or 3 fireball blasts. They can only poison with their talons so when they fly into the sky and start to move their legs in a bicycle motion get ready to do a safety dive or you will take a LOT of damage and be poisoned.

The absolutely best times to hit a los is when they are landing after an air attack, at least with a GS, you can get a lvl 3 charge off on any part of their body if you know the timing and placement to get the hits in.

talaa123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 talaa123
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
This game or Phantasy Star Portable???
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

Water or ice would be a lot better for taking it down(dragon is best against it but from looking at your equipment I doubt you can make it now). Try bringing traps and flash bombs to keep it in one place so you can get a decent number of hits in.

rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
This game or Phantasy Star Portable???talaa123
stick to your own thread dude. I fought a rathian and lost, so i can only imagine how the los is lol. I feel your pain, brother
JimmeyBurrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JimmeyBurrows
Member since 2006 • 3671 Posts

If you still haven't gotten it... I used to have trouble with the Rathalos/Rathian... I went to the training arena and kept gettin wooped by it and eventually got better... I'd advise doing that if you can... also a few tips on killin it with longsword...

firstly, never run at it head on... I'd advise against that for almost every monster, but that can leave you open to it's charge/fire attacks/spinning attack...

start by running round the sides of it... go in at a good angle, you wanna be able to draw hit, then roll at a 45 degree angle to be right out the way of it's spinning... never try to stay in there for more hits... if you do... it may work, but more often than not you'll be on a one way trip to base camp via the kitty cart.

I'd advise going for it's tail, gettin rid of that means less getting hit by it's tail, if you can roll out the way. once it's tails gone aim for it's legs, keep hitting and rolling out, I'd say no more than 2 straight hits before moving... mainly 1... if it flinches take another... if it falls charge up on it's head or tail if it's not off yet.

this is the best bit... when it flys up in the air... stand right under it's shadow and once it's done it's attacking start a charge attack... as it comes down ***SMACK!!*** then once again roll out asap, if you're too slow it can blast you with fire while diving back.

some say it's cheap to use traps and flashbangs... I agree, it's more fun to take it out without them... but when you're having trouble with something it's usefull to use traps... shock traps are great against rathalos... get it to run onto them (watch out for it blasting fire when you're stood infront of it!) once it's in there it's tail is in the perfect place for you to charge attack it off... you can get a few more attacks in after as well... when it breaks out you wanna off out to one side of it... might scream/blast fire... god knows what it'll do... but if someone slapped you with a sword in a trap, you'd be pretty pissed too, lol.

As for flashbangs... my personal advise is, only use it to stall the monster and keep it in one place... use it to sharpen your sword, or if you've taken a lot of damage and need to heal up fast... using them over and over makes it very boring and also makes them very unpredictable/dangerous.

one last thing... if you're in the right place when it blasts the fireball straight on, run to it's head from the side... you can draw attack and roll straight on out the way.

Main thing is not to be greedy/careless... never carve the tail untill it moves area... only take meds/use items if you know you have enough time... if not then just dodge it's attacks untill you have got time. learn it's attacks and you can learn to avoid them... block it's scream if you have your weapon out... if not dive out the way.

... hope this helps... also I find it more fun to play online... PS3 + Adhoc party = pure win.

Avatar image for tigrexownageftw
tigrexownageftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tigrexownageftw
i need help in killing rathalos and rathian in the guild i killed both of them with no problem in the village chief urgent but they seem much harder in the guild, do u reccomend any weapons?
Avatar image for Dreams_of_Flyte
Dreams_of_Flyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dreams_of_Flyte

uhh the days they used to give me problems... ;) don't worry once you learn how to predict them it'll be a walk in the park

I recommend Ice(-3) or water(-1) (dragon(-4) would be best but i can tell you can get that yet)

Bring plenty of flash bombs,bombs,traps(Shocks -Pit falls to catch with),healing items and Tranq bombs (if you plan to catch)

personally i use Hammers the abiltytoknock'emloopy allways seems to help but that includes getting close to the head sodo this at your own risk...

You use LS? mabeytry to cut the tail it'll knock the range for the Tail swipe down quite a bit. and here is a hint to tell the diffrence between a charge and a fireball, when he is going to shoot a fireball he will turn around Slowly and when he is going to charge he will trun around quickly so maby this will help...

Head is the place to hit to score major damage.

happy hunting

bindiiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bindiiboy

I killed it with the Eager Cleaver line, and if I remember correctly, Tigrex helm, Hermitaur mail, guardian spirit guards, blango tasset and genprey greaves. In other words, you don't even need armour skills to kill rathalos.

neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

Flash bombs help a lot also try to cut of his tail early (if using a hammer go for face and sides) .

But if you still can't beat him go for cheap *cough* Bow and Arrow *cough* :)