MH Freedom Unite on Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

how does MH Freedom Unite play on the VITA? i have been dying for a MH game on the go and since Capcom is being gay and not porting MH3 to VITA, i figured i would give Freedom Unite a shot.

anyone have any input?

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

It's really great since you can map the directional buttons to the right analog stick. You can add some 'shortcuts' too, like having the start menu open when you press the lower right corner of the touchscreen. Well, that's just me experimenting on stuff :3

And as for the game itself, Unite will keep you occupied with so much content in it.

tempura13
This. I too had the cravings and took the plunge on Unite. Great game so far. 14 hours put in over 3 days - it was mainly to get me hyped for 3 ultimate on 3DS (The ONLY 3DS game I've cared about/bought in over a year :( )
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
You should try the demo. I thought about getting it since it's on sale but decided against it with Soul Sacrifice coming out in a month.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]You should try the demo. I thought about getting it since it's on sale but decided against it with Soul Sacrifice coming out in a month.

soul sacrifice isnt exactly a monster hunter though.... it is more a mission based coop game rather than a hunting/resource gathering game that you can coop. not really the same experience.
oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oddballrulez
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]You should try the demo. I thought about getting it since it's on sale but decided against it with Soul Sacrifice coming out in a month.

soul sacrifice isnt exactly a monster hunter though.... it is more a mission based coop game rather than a hunting/resource gathering game that you can coop. not really the same experience.

Agreed. Can't wait for SS, but even better news would be an enhanced MH4 (for me anyway). Completely different beasts; both catering to different gaming needs :P But either way, if you want Monster Hunter on the Vita - Unite is your best bet. I'd say it looks better than 3 ultimate from certain aspects (if you'd like some comparison to the latest edition). Definitely doesn't look quite as sharp, or have the self shadowing on the monsters etc. but the colours pop beautifully on Vita's screen. The second analogue is invaluable, and the gameplay is essentially identical from game to game, with only equipment and setting varying (which 3 ultimate seems to have far more of, though unite is far from lacking). Hundreds of hours of fun, and has taken over my vita since it's install (though I'll probably move back onto gravity rush now I have 3 haha :P ), definitely worth sinking the £7 into (or however much it is on the US store).
oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oddballrulez

[QUOTE="oddballrulez"][QUOTE="Geminon"] soul sacrifice isnt exactly a monster hunter though.... it is more a mission based coop game rather than a hunting/resource gathering game that you can coop. not really the same experience.Estbtnh
Agreed. Can't wait for SS, but even better news would be an enhanced MH4 (for me anyway). Completely different beasts; both catering to different gaming needs :P But either way, if you want Monster Hunter on the Vita - Unite is your best bet. I'd say it looks better than 3 ultimate from certain aspects (if you'd like some comparison to the latest edition). Definitely doesn't look quite as sharp, or have the self shadowing on the monsters etc. but the colours pop beautifully on Vita's screen. The second analogue is invaluable, and the gameplay is essentially identical from game to game, with only equipment and setting varying (which 3 ultimate seems to have far more of, though unite is far from lacking). Hundreds of hours of fun, and has taken over my vita since it's install (though I'll probably move back onto gravity rush now I have 3 haha :P ), definitely worth sinking the £7 into (or however much it is on the US store).

Quit fooling your self man, Ultimate blows Unite out the park in all aspects... dont got a wii u? u mad bro?

I'm comparing the hand held games man, (considering OP was asking in regards to Vita) I don't own a Wii U; after spending a rather lackluster night spent with a group of my friends and one, I deemed it a waste of time and money prior to Nintendo releasing some heavy hitters and a pretty hefty price drop. Also, did I say that unite is BETTER? No. (Though I did refer to presentation, which for me (since neither game is exactly a technical marvel - though admittedly MH3 looks far cleaner) is down to the screens, which is a pretty one sided battle. I merely said it's a solid alternative. Not the second coming; so SCRAM :p

Estbtnh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Estbtnh
Member since 2011 • 102 Posts

[QUOTE="Estbtnh"][QUOTE="oddballrulez"] Agreed. Can't wait for SS, but even better news would be an enhanced MH4 (for me anyway). Completely different beasts; both catering to different gaming needs :P But either way, if you want Monster Hunter on the Vita - Unite is your best bet. I'd say it looks better than 3 ultimate from certain aspects (if you'd like some comparison to the latest edition). Definitely doesn't look quite as sharp, or have the self shadowing on the monsters etc. but the colours pop beautifully on Vita's screen. The second analogue is invaluable, and the gameplay is essentially identical from game to game, with only equipment and setting varying (which 3 ultimate seems to have far more of, though unite is far from lacking). Hundreds of hours of fun, and has taken over my vita since it's install (though I'll probably move back onto gravity rush now I have 3 haha :P ), definitely worth sinking the £7 into (or however much it is on the US store). oddballrulez

Quit fooling your self man, Ultimate blows Unite out the park in all aspects... dont got a wii u? u mad bro?

I'm comparing the hand held games man, (considering OP was asking in regards to Vita) I don't own a Wii U; after spending a rather lackluster night spent with a group of my friends and one, I deemed it a waste of time and money prior to Nintendo releasing some heavy hitters and a pretty hefty price drop. Also, did I say that unite is BETTER? No. (Though I did refer to presentation, which for me (since neither game is exactly a technical marvel - though admittedly MH3 looks far cleaner) is down to the screens, which is a pretty one sided battle. I merely said it's a solid alternative. Not the second coming; so SCRAM :p

*Scrams away*