MGS4 should be the last game in the series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mdbanat
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts
Well Kojima said before that it will be the last game in the series and at least he will not be enovolved if fans ask for another metal gear. Kojima seems to want to start new games series, but still we know that he changed his mind several times before. So what do you think?
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
i think mgs series should continue but kojima should do other things aswell, but he should be involved in some way with mgs
Avatar image for ohmyjibbonjones
ohmyjibbonjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ohmyjibbonjones
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts
yeh i agree,maybe he should get to work on a zone of the enders game for the ps3,now that wud be kick ass if it had online multiplayer!!...id miss the mgs series if it goes for good tho =(
fyrefyter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fyrefyter55
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
From a canonical standpoint it should be the last one. But they should continue to be made as long as the quality of the games hold up.
SimpsonFan0505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 SimpsonFan0505
Member since 2006 • 1533 Posts
He should make another game for PSP
amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 amcallister902
Member since 2006 • 1339 Posts
He should make another game for PSPSimpsonFan0505
a good one
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
I hope its not the last one, and if Kojima moves on to something else, he has trained his team well and I know he will have the best working on the next MGS title if there is one.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c
deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c
Member since 2003 • 387 Posts
Well the story could keep going but snake should die or become a legend in it.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
i think this will be the last one for snake. i dont think the series will die with snake tho. mabe the next one will have ridan being the main lead.
Avatar image for ohmyjibbonjones
ohmyjibbonjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ohmyjibbonjones
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts
Well the story could keep going but snake should die or become a legend in it.Poi_159
yeh im sure raiden could carry the series!he's better imo
mondomae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mondomae
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts
it's been such a great series you want kojima to make more, but at the sametime you gotta respect him. im sure he knows to quit while he's ahead
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ScorpiuS739
[QUOTE="Poi_159"]Well the story could keep going but snake should die or become a legend in it.ohmyjibbonjones

Raiden may have gotten all shiny and cool, but I hope something in that fancy new suit of his make his voice deeper cuz I don't want to listen to his squeeky voice for hours if he does take over the series.
Avatar image for noodles12345678
noodles12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 noodles12345678
Member since 2005 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="ohmyjibbonjones"][QUOTE="Poi_159"]Well the story could keep going but snake should die or become a legend in it.ScorpiuS739

Raiden may have gotten all shiny and cool, but I hope something in that fancy new suit of his make his voice deeper cuz I don't want to listen to his squeeky voice for hours if he does take over the series.

snake's voice will always be more badass. unless hes too old now and hes all wheezing and stuff lol.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I think it should end with the 4th MGS since the origins have been finished up with the installment of MGS PO. I wouldn't mind some remakes of the old Metal Gear games.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jackle2071
I think it should end with the 4th MGS since the origins have been finished up with the installment of MGS PO. I wouldn't mind some remakes of the old Metal Gear games. BranKetra
man i really need to get Portable opps.
Moonlight-AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Moonlight-AB
Member since 2006 • 648 Posts
I heard somewhere that if Kojima were to make an MGS5 it will be in 10 years+ time
ps3rulesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ps3rulesss
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts
i want him to make more......but i know that if he does try to do mgs AND other projects
it will not end up being as gud
i like mgs not because its great
because it freakin epically perfect
it is flawless to the last detail
he doesnt ever take out a half ass game......he always goes all the way
thats y hes a great developer.....not in it for the dough...(maybe a little...lol)
cooper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 cooper182
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
it will end with MGS4!(lets hope so) That would be the cherry on the cake for me. As the story stands snake should die and it would be a shame to make another metal gear without out him in it.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jackle2071
come to think of it this really is the sequel MGS fan have been waiting for sence MGS 1. we finally get to take over the Role of Snake from shadow moses again! not BIg boss and not Ridan (tho now it be kinda cool to play as him now). i think this is going to really be the Grand Final. i dont think any of us are really ready for whats about to transpire in MGS4. as cooper said this is the cherry on the cake...or make that the cherry bomb!
thebosshank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thebosshank
Member since 2004 • 1403 Posts
You are all forgetting that he said MGS1 was going to be the only title...then he said MGS2 was the last one...then MGS3 was going to be the "FINAL" one...and now were at MGS4...trust me, were going to see a MGS5, as long as MGS4 sells well, there will be a MGS5
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kojima wanted to support the Wii after MGS4? 
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ScorpiuS739
He said he liked the concept of the wii and that he wouldn't mind working with it i believe, while also just working on some other original things he has been wanting to do. Either way, if there is another MGS, his amazing team will be working on it, which is Kojima Productions...so he will be involved in some way, regradless of how many other projects he has going on.
jpatterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jpatterson
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts
Well Kojima said before that it will be the last game in the series and at least he will not be enovolved if fans ask for another metal gear. Kojima seems to want to start new games series, but still we know that he changed his mind several times before. So what do you think?mdbanat
Kojima has said there will not be another Metal Gear game after every single Metal Gear title since MGS2.
jpatterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jpatterson
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kojima wanted to support the Wii after MGS4? vnc20100
You're right.
mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mdbanat
[QUOTE="vnc20100"]Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kojima wanted to support the Wii after MGS4? jpatterson
You're right.

Kojima is intrested in developing new ideas and Wii allows that. But still I don't think it is going to be a huge kind of a game like MGS. He may make somthing for Wii and maybe for the PC as he said in his last interview, but the real work will be always for playstation as I guess,
Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pixelgen
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts

The last MGS.

The guy needs a break form MGS. I'm hoping he will try his hand at something so so different, maybe an RPG/SPORTS. :shock:

mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mdbanat

The last MGS.

The guy needs a break form MGS. I'm hoping he will try his hand at something so so different, maybe an RPG/SPORTS. :shock:

Pixelgen
RPG! Interesting...
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

I think that it should be the last game in the series.

If there is anything that we can learn from the Final Fantasy series, it is that when a series lasts extremely long, and has tons of installments, major adjustments need to be done in order to keep it fresh and new.

I don't want the MGS series to be completely revamped, and seeing as how the stories are inter-connected to a serious degree, unlike Final Fantasy, after a while, the quality would start to go down in storytelling.

I feel that Kojima should be able to go out and make something not within the constraints of the MGS universe.

chapin_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chapin_23
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts
Metal Gear Solid just gets better and better8)
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
i think mgs series should continue but kojima should do other things aswell, but he should be involved in some way with mgspsyum
NONE OF you know how hard it is to make that game, he made the originals, and they were nothing like anyone has seen before. MGS series of games are some of the most optmised games in existance, so the chances of an MGS5 will prob not happen, I LOVE MGS, always have ever since the originals, every game brill, iffy on MGS2, but the rest are freakn awesome, reason iffy on two, its good, very good, but Raiden, U SUCk, :P. Its all alright though, he looks incredible in number 4. Hideo is trying to make number 4 with some of the most satisfying moments in gaming ever, with epic situations afoot. Meaning that by the end ull be so into it and satisfyed with its ending, you wont care because you have accepted it and youll be happy, a really feel good ending, after just surviving a near traumatic experience that leaves u satisfied thanks to you, thats what he'll make and do. :), This will be one of the greatest games ever created, why? because its the end of the Famous Solid Snake, a game character that is pure genius.
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
Metal Gear Solid just gets better and better8) chapin_23
Hell yeah, its one of ZE best games.
DeMarsVolta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeMarsVolta
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
just imagine snake on a wheelchair...
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts
it will end with MGS4!(lets hope so) That would be the cherry on the cake for me. As the story stands snake should die and it would be a shame to make another metal gear without out him in it. cooper182
The Solid Snake part of Metal Gear will be the last as Kojima is quoted as saying "Story wise, Snake must die" I think there will be further stories in the franchise, but apart from Solid Snake. Maybe something following Raiden or a new Snake clone.
cooper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 cooper182
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
Lets hope its not raiden cus that guy did the game no good and another snake clone wouldnt be the same!
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jackle2071
Lets hope its not raiden cus that guy did the game no good and another snake clone wouldnt be the same!cooper182
i say lets give Raiden the chance to redeem him self in this game.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
He should translate and dub Policenauts.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
anybody remeber when MGS3 was suppose to be the last? he said he got so many death threats he felt forced to make MGS4....the series should end with snake...itll be a shame its ending but it has to sometime...btw Portable ops 2 is coming out this year apparently