MGS4 / MGO Beta Discussion - ALL discussion kept here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#1 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

I changed my mind and decided that one big topic would be better than having to go through and decide whether or not these threads need locking. However, this will still be the ONLY MGS4 / MGO beta thread allowed. You are still welcome to discuss anything you like in the MGS4 forum, but in the PS3 forum, it's either here or no where.

The only rule I want to stress is that you are not allowed to ask/beg for beta codes, doing so will net you a moderation. You are also not allowed to ask people to set up your Konami ID accounts or any other accounts.

Please direct all MGS4/MGO Beta talk to this thread. Thanks, everyone.

NOTE: This is not a catch-all thread for MGS4 in its entirity, only the MGO beta. Any other threads relating to the beta will be locked.

NOTE 2: The beta has been delayed. Please refer to this thread for more info and discussion on the topic.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
Isn't there already a sticky for it at the top?
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
Isn't there already a sticky for it at the top?sa10kun
This is the sticky.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sa10kun

[QUOTE="sa10kun"]Isn't there already a sticky for it at the top?whodeysay85
This is the sticky.

Oh weird, on my screen it wasn't in the sticky it was down below more.It just moved up now.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
Can't wait for beta to start, I have been just sleeping with my code and dreaming about the fun it will bring me on the 21st.
lostsoulsofmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lostsoulsofmn
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts
Ugh, thought of MGS4 makes me drrrooooll. it is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!! 8 weeks from tomorrow!!!
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sa10kun

I clicked on the bottom one and after i posted it moved to the top.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Yeah...I was obviously making this thread...Please stay on topic.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
The Betas available for download right now by the way for anyone that has a Beta code. Still cant play it til the 21st, but its ready for download now.
OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

is it true that we can at least download the game now its a thread with people claiming they downloaded the beta

anywho is anyone beside me having trouble with konami id website every time i make it to the TOS agreement it states "since its been inactive the page been deleted".

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sa10kun

Yeah...I was obviously making this thread...Please stay on topic.spazzx625

Sorry didn't mean to go off topic. I was just responding to whodeysey's post about me posting something wrong.

Anyways, I am really looking forward to entering my code at midnight tonight. I'll turn the lights down low and put on some barry white.(RIP)

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

man konami needs to work on there id site

Anoch20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Anoch20
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
I'm downloading the beta now, it's only achieved 17% downloaded in the last hour. I wonder how many people will be participating in this. I hope it doesn't get all laggy.
deathstar28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deathstar28
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
just preordered my game today and got the beta code. for those who dont havent got a code theirs still time
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

I was happy to find out my local EB games had the pre-order discs and beta codes available so I went down there yesterday and pre-ordered my first game ever! :D

Sweet that we can download it early too, going to do it now...

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

I finished downloading MGO beta and installed it no problem, but now I have to download an update for that.

There is a choice between http download and peer to peer download.

I clicked P2P dl since I suspect it'll dl faster that way.

it's going at 149kb/s

and I still have to download the update for gran turismo, yehaa!!

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts

my japanese konami id got deleted, but some dude told me I can still use my code once I dl the Beta tomorrow, true?

Also... someone deleted a thread I made because I made the word "japanese" short...

KraigA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KraigA
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

whats the story re: europeans getting the beta? I heard we don't need to get a code or something or what? :lol: im confused... how do I get the beta? do I just go onto the store and download it if im in the UK??? or will i need a code? and if so where do I get it? does it cost :P?

sorry if these questions are like the most obvious.. please pm me the answers if there offtopic... thanks..

leovieyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leovieyra
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
after iinstalled the beta I had to update it but i tried and nothing happens. could you update it guys?
Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Magusi
Member since 2004 • 369 Posts

I feel like a kid at Christmas. I see the present, but I must wait to open it. Such torture ...

Anyway, I realize that making a Konami ID/Gamer ID is futile atm. At lest there is plenty of time before it's needed. Though I'd like to get my online name owned and set. I hate not having the original.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RahKayne

whats the story re: europeans getting the beta? I heard we don't need to get a code or something or what? :lol: im confused... how do I get the beta? do I just go onto the store and download it if im in the UK??? or will i need a code? and if so where do I get it? does it cost :P?

sorry if these questions are like the most obvious.. please pm me the answers if there offtopic... thanks..

KraigA

I don't know about the UK, however I got a code from preordering MGS4, when you preorder you get the MGSaga DVD that shows the history of all the Snakes. You also get a beta code that should be 12 letters and numbers.

The card with the beta code has instructions on it, you basically punch it in promotions in account management (the car dhas more details)

it goes to a screen and you can download the MGO beta

then I installed it, and went to the opening screen selected start game and then it says I have to download an update.

See above.

Andres001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Andres001
Member since 2005 • 601 Posts
I want to be able to play online on playstation network and use my psn ID. I notice on my beta ticket (w/code) it states "Playstation Network is not used for online play". Does that mean only for beta? I hope we can convince them to change it since its only a beta for final game. ALSO SAYS "For more questions and COMMENTS, please email us at mgobetasupport@konami.com" MAKE THEM CHANGE IT PLEASE
atothezness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 atothezness
Yeah i downloaded mine right before my first class. Only took about 15 minutes to download. Can't wait until the 21. Ubber Ponage baby.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

Man, I can't wait for June 12!!!

Unfortunately, there will be a bunch of MGS4 threads due to the inability to read stickies from the general public.

poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts
im updatin the beta at an average speed of 25mb/sec :(
jblazesolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jblazesolid
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts

i preordered msg4 then i heard about this and went back and got mine im excited about it

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
27% percent, damn this crap is slow. why did konami decide to use this ps2p crap?
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sa10kun
I think I heard best buy was selling the beta dvd for 5 bucks online. Haha damn best buy selling all this bonus material stuff.
RiggiLugLug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RiggiLugLug

KraigA

I got an AUS PSN email last night saying that the MGS4 obline beta would be in the PS store soon.

I hope that means we can just download it from there.

We don't have the limited edition pack here

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RahKayne

27% percent, damn this crap is slow. why did konami decide to use this ps2p crap?GUNpoint_

lol faster than http most likely

also p2p doesn't load down their servers

actually I think p2p is quite fast, it's not as fast as a 5mb dl from a company or something, but you never see those around.

with P2P you can get get 1.7mb + down sometimes

right now i'm uploading 200kb/s to 11 people on MGo update.

Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rob_101

[QUOTE="GUNpoint_"]27% percent, damn this crap is slow. why did konami decide to use this ps2p crap?RahKayne

actually I think p2p is quite fast, it's not as fast as a 5mb dl from a company or something, but you never see those around.

Dam what ISP are you with?! Your lucky you ISP doesn't limit bittorrent bandwidth like mine (Bell sympatico). They continue to traffic shape and have limited me to a 24 kbs up and down speed :(. On usenet or http I get 500 kbs down speed.

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
81% right now on the update
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RahKayne
[QUOTE="RahKayne"]

[QUOTE="GUNpoint_"]27% percent, damn this crap is slow. why did konami decide to use this ps2p crap?Rob_101

Dam what ISP are you with?! Your lucky you ISP doesn't limit bittorrent bandwidth like mine (Bell sympatico). They continue to traffic shape and have limited me to a 24 kbs up and down speed :(. On usenet or http I get 500 kbs down speed.

yeah I got it good, I do have a bandwidth limit, but that's just the total amount of GB I've downloaded, and it's rather high.

Wow 24kbs up and down, ouch. You sure you have your ports forwarded etc for maximum speed, if so then ouch your isp is owning you.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RahKayne

81% right now on the updateKeasy4

I don't know when the downloading ended but now I'm installing the update

Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rob_101

[QUOTE="Rob_101"][QUOTE="RahKayne"]

[QUOTE="GUNpoint_"]27% percent, damn this crap is slow. why did konami decide to use this ps2p crap?RahKayne

yeah I got it good, I do have a bandwidth limit, but that's just the total amount of GB I've downloaded, and it's rather high.

Wow 24kbs up and down, ouch. You sure you have your ports forwarded etc for maximum speed, if so then ouch your isp is owning you.

Yes I'm sure (I'm pretty savvy at this kind of stuff) and I too have a limit of total GB's downloadable in a month and thats 30 :( I know there owning me, overpriced and totally limited. They offer a fiber optic connection that has a 16 mbs up and down stream and even if I had that my bittorrent downloads would still be 30 kbs up and down and regular downloads 530 kbs down and 80 kbs up, just like what it is now. I'm hoping to switch but don't see that happening for a while :(

From what I hear most Europeans have it good but Internet is pretty much crap everywhere in North America.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts
lol i don't understand. I registered on Konami.com but it didn't ask me to make up a Konami ID. wtf?
Angry_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Angry_Clown
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

i dont get it, im not able to get a beta key so i have a japanese one. how do i download it, also are there any implications to downloading and playing the beta w/ a japanese beta key?

I NEED ANSWERS NOW!

Jaden_Hybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jaden_Hybrid
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

Not that I'm mad or anything because I did pre order the game for the sole purpose of playing the full game when it comes out, but I got my code earlier this week hoping I could play a very short 2 week beta to which I'm sorry but that's too short of time for a beta. I look online today and I see all this stuff about the beta codes and I get home and WOW look at that a 9 DIGIT CODE.

Case and point :

I can't wait for game to come out in June.

For the Beta, Thanks for nothing Konami......dvd sucks too!!!

Hugs and Kisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Konami cant make a decent website
Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts

So i heard that Oficially Metal Gear Solid Online will come in June 12, that means that the game will be purchased via PSN? because i haven´t seen any 'case' of that game online, and from what i know, MGS4 comes just with the ''starter pack''

thoughts?

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

I guess this is the right spot to put this... I just made a MGS4 countdown widget for all Mac OS X users. It's basic , just counts down to June 12 2008 at midnight, but I thought some people might want it. I am going to be using it.

:)

http://www.miiforwii.com/mgs4-countdown.zip

EDIT: It looks like this:

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

uhh...my code has nine letters/numbers and it wont work..did i get shorted 3 letters?

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MiiforWii

uhh...my code has nine letters/numbers and it wont work..did i get shorted 3 letters?

hustler_151

Mine has 12.

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hustler_151
..............the anger pulsing through me is indescribable
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MiiforWii

So i heard that Oficially Metal Gear Solid Online will come in June 12, that means that the game will be purchased via PSN? because i haven´t seen any 'case' of that game online, and from what i know, MGS4 comes just with the ''starter pack''

thoughts?

Fitipali

Read up!

The "starter pack" is MGO.

EDIT:

Here's what you need to know:

"The MGO "Starter Pack" that comes with MGS4 (all configurations, detailed above) is a full-fledged, fully-featured multiplayer component of MGS4. It is not a "demo" or "teaser" in any way, as some have speculated. It comes packed with maps, weapons/items, an in-depth character creator – where your character can be personalized, and most importantly, customized – with special abilities that can be "leveled" and improved through experience, the SOP system, and much more. There will also be an extremely deep community experience through a specialized portal that will feature stats, communication, and other never before seen features - which we'll dig into at a later date…

So, you may be wondering why we call it a "Starter Pack", well, the answer is very simple: because it's just the beginning. We have a huge slate of downloadable content planned for the game which encompasses new maps, weapons/items, and much more. Eurogamer has a fantastic preview up, which is a great primer on MGO, and details some of the unique features that show why it's not just another shooter…

But, of course, if you're one of the lucky few, you'll be able to get your hands on the MGO Beta in just a couple of weeks (April 21st 2008 – May 5th 2008), and see for yourself!"

Thats right from Konami.

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MiiforWii

..............the anger pulsing through me is indescribablehustler_151

Where did you get your number?

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hustler_151

on the voucher that i got out of the case that gamestop gave me..:(

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MiiforWii

hustler_151

Ouch, go and ask for a replacement I guess. :(

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hustler_151
[QUOTE="hustler_151"]

MiiforWii

Ouch, go and ask for a replacement I guess. :(

thanks....if you cant tell from my sig/avatar a big part of me just died:'( oh god im so sad

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts
Why is the Konami thing down? I tried to sign up for the name thingy, but it's not working on PSN. Anyone know anything about it?