MGS4 breath taking news!!!

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kevass007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kevass007
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts

ok, i've only played MGS2, and MGS3. i know big boss was that chick qho trianed ....solid snake?, then he got her name. so apperently there are clones of snake, and apperently ocelot is one of them... aka liquid snake?

i dont know the story behind these guys....

kevass007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 kevass007
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
ok nvm
sushiboyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 sushiboyyyy
Member since 2003 • 670 Posts
[QUOTE="sushiboyyyy"][QUOTE="Keasy4"][QUOTE="Ricko1234"]

[QUOTE="Keasy4"]its not big boss cuz he is dead be4 MGS.. and its not a eye patch is u see the trailer in some sceens he is not wearing the eye device..Keasy4

who says he's dead????? grey fox who presumed dead multiple times. ALso a younger snake makes an appearence in the trailers to. explain that please? I belive that both ledgendary snakes are in this game.

LOOOK AT THE PICS again and again those are just dumb theroys made by dumb people look at the grave pic in MGS3 Big Boss lost his eye YOUNG so wouldnt he still have the eye patch OLD?? hmmmmmm makes u think just a lil.. the guy is Solid Snake idk why people keep thinking different.. and hint number 2 look at the pics again Bigg Boss have the eye patch on his right eye and Snake have the eye device on his left.. what did the shot eye some how shift eye??

Kojima is just doing that to throw us off. IF you saw any of the MGS2 trailers, you know what extent he went to to hide Raiden's identity. Hell, he's done it before. Why can't he do it now? All he would have to do in the final game is put a patch on his eye. Thats alot less than showing Snake in battle with fortune, Snake fighting the harrier, Snake meeting up with Greyfox, Snake finding Vamp. Its all there. Kojima can do whaever he wants in his trailers as long as it fools us. He just doesn't want to spoil the game for us.

ok lets say thats true u tell me how its big boss in MGS4?? he was better off is he said Solidus Snake then Big Boss since they have the eye patch on the same eye..

How about you tell me how Young Snake is in the trailer?

How was Grey Fox in MGS1? HE was dead wasn't he? This is Metal Gear. Once you raise someone from the dead, anything goes. You can do anything with the story after that.

And Besides, Did you read the article? He gives REALLY good points. Who cares if he puts the eyepatch on the left eye. When the real game comes out, whos to say he can't just put it on the right side. Again, Kojima can do whatever the hell he wants with his trailers. He already proved that with MGS2. And if you ask me, Old Snake being Big Boss isn't as big of a deal since everybody suspects it anyway. Do you seriously think that He's just going to be in the game as a corpse lying around in some hi-tech coffin? I mean, hes in the MGS4 E3 2005 artwork as one of the main characters.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

The "oldman" pictured in the trailers, for the upcoming metal gear solid game for ps3 is NOT Solid snake, but none other than BIG BOSS!!!.

www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5599940&pager.offset=6

now this isn't official obviously, but to me it's as good as fact when you put everything together. 

Ricko1234

It is not BIG BOSS... Big Boss had his right eye blinded, not the left. The only Clone who'd actually had his left eye blinded and is old in appearance was Solidus Snake and he is dead. Anyway... It is definitely Solid Snake in the MGS 4.

sushiboyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sushiboyyyy
Member since 2003 • 670 Posts
[QUOTE="Ricko1234"]

The "oldman" pictured in the trailers, for the upcoming metal gear solid game for ps3 is NOT Solid snake, but none other than BIG BOSS!!!.

www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5599940&pager.offset=6

now this isn't official obviously, but to me it's as good as fact when you put everything together.

Thomas-Crown

It is not BIG BOSS... Big Boss had his right eye blinded, not the left. The only Clone who'd actually had his left eye blinded and is old in appearance was Solidus Snake and he is dead. Anyway... It is definitely Solid Snake in the MGS 4.

Trailers don't mean ****
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g6uZ0OtzecM
dangerflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dangerflash
Member since 2004 • 1889 Posts
ocelot was old in mgs and snake in mgs was big bosses son. so it makes sence for ocelot to be old in mgs4. as for old and young snake maybe the old snake is big boss and the young snake is solid snake?
Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Filonus
Member since 2003 • 1307 Posts

why would otacon be talking to naked snake?

why would he say: one last battle says

something along those lines.  

RuleCrossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RuleCrossX
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
this guy is an idiot. its been confirmed by kojima many times that you'll be playing as SOLID SNAKE.  big boss got his RIGHT eye shot out.  while the 'man' in the trailer is wearing a device (used for nightvision, radar, thermal, etc.) on his left eye.  he also talks to otacon in the trailer, and BB never knew otacon. raiden also says its his turn to protect snake, he didnt know BB either. 
Spartan_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Spartan_Dude
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
hehe Snake did say in MGS2 that he did not like blades;)
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 FstBrk342
Member since 2005 • 1527 Posts

=_=' so sad people cant differentiate their right from their left, BIG BOSS LOST HIS RIGHT EYE NOT HIS LEFT!!!! now there is apparantly a chance he may appear in MGS4 but the main character is old snake ok? fox die and the fact that he is a clone has made him age more rapidly...

zhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 zhino
Member since 2005 • 222 Posts

If u play MGS1 again you notices that the ninja guy (gray fox) says to snake you luck like crap something like that ...you haven't aged well something like that  ....and in the pctures the PATCH is on the WRONG side if you want to belive is Big Boss ....and in all mgs1 they remember you ..that you kill Big Boss ..!!

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
well, IMO this is very plausable. In the last trailer there are 2 different snakes running around. Take a look at it again. There is one snake running around with the mask and the old snake isn't. And there is no gray hairs to be seen on the one that runs around with the mask.
Haze-and-Ses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Haze-and-Ses
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
Do you think its still possible to buy MGS 1-3 in GOOD condition:|....I stopped playin em since MGS2 I wanna get dem back n play it before MGS4.
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FstBrk342
i bought a copy of the greatest hits version of MGS1 last year used but in practically perfect condition the first disc only had those light swirl scratches that u always get but the second disc hadnt even been touched ^_^b
Ricko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 Ricko1234
Member since 2005 • 2032 Posts

Filonus

big boss and ocelot work together since the 60's 

FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FstBrk342

well, IMO this is very plausable. In the last trailer there are 2 different snakes running around. Take a look at it again. There is one snake running around with the mask and the old snake isn't. And there is no gray hairs to be seen on the one that runs around with the mask.trasherhead

kojima already confirmed that old snake is solid, my guess is that the other guy is a new clone

Haze-and-Ses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Haze-and-Ses
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
i bought a copy of the greatest hits version of MGS1 last year used but in practically perfect condition the first disc only had those light swirl scratches that u always get but the second disc hadnt even been touched ^_^bFstBrk342
How much you think MGS1 would be around this time at EB......and 2 and 3
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FstBrk342
[QUOTE="Filonus"]

Ricko1234

big boss and ocelot work together since the 60's 

he said otacon not ocelot

FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FstBrk342

[QUOTE="FstBrk342"]i bought a copy of the greatest hits version of MGS1 last year used but in practically perfect condition the first disc only had those light swirl scratches that u always get but the second disc hadnt even been touched ^_^bHaze-and-Ses

How much you think MGS1 would be around this time at EB......and 2 and 3

i couldnt find it at EB (MGS1) i bought it on ebay for $20 i think. i did find find MGS2 used at Gamestop for $9, kinda scratched but it works perfectly fine. and as for MGS3 u can prob find it new still on ebay or if u get really lucky at a store, but the last time i saw it at a store was early this year...

machoa14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 machoa14
Member since 2005 • 248 Posts

*spoilers (just so people don't whine)* First off the fact that naked Snake (Big Boss) had an eye patch is not genetic. Also Big Boss's body was destroyed in the second MGS that is all 2d and such. (in MGS 1 Liquid says that I want his "remains"). So the whole eye patch on the wrong side is crap and has no relevance what so ever. Also the grave is The Boss's grave. In MGS3 it says "In honor of a true patriot" and in the MGS4 trailer you can see the word "patriot" on the grave "old snake" is visiting. Also the age difference between the Colonel and "Old Snake" works out perfectly. The problem is with Hal Emmerich. He recognized "old Snake's" habit of smoking which is directly connected to MGS1. But this was also a habit of Big Boss. (this is what makes MGS messed up). I personally think that the old man is Big Boss. I am still miffed on the whole connection between Big Boss, Ocelot and The Patriots. I think The Patriots are going to play a huge role in the game. We will just have to wait and see.

Ok this is my back up idea, it sounds crazy but I think the old man is Solidus Snake. First the eye patch fits for those who care. Next the age would be perfect. Also we never see him actually die he just falls of Wall Street. This is the only person that has not been considered...

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

lets clear this up right now

-IT CANT BE BIG BOSS HE IS DEAD (BURNED ALIVE) if it was him in the trailer what happened to his scares. and how does he know meryl, otacon, and naomi. Another one my reasons to believe its not him is because he was found so easily at a grave yard. If he was found that easily why not find him times before that.

-IT CANT BE SOLIDUS (cant remember who said it was him) because he ages faster than liquid and solid snake. Why? because he is the youngest brother out of the 3 and he has both of big bosses recessive and dominant genes which makes him ages faster.

-IT CANT BE LIQUID because he is infused with ocelot. LIQUID OCELOT

Only person it can is solid snake

Now to explain the CQC theory

who knows may be solid snake improved CQC (NOTICE he is using a knife with an ASSAULT RIFLE. When was the last time you saw big boss do that)

About young snake we are going to wait and see. Who knows it might be camoflague, a new clone, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Fell Free to correct any mistakes i have made

viperstrykev8
we never see him talking dirrectly to Maryl or naomi. They could have revived him because he was the only one to stop his own genes(liquid). I don't think its that big boss has been alive all these years, but as many suggest that he has been frozen down to keep him from dying untill they had a way to reanimate him. This could be his barging to be let to die.
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 viperstrykev8
Member since 2006 • 1217 Posts

solidus snake is dead. Raiden killed him

viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 viperstrykev8
Big Boss in the 80's, uses the funds for Army's Heaven and secretly creates the nation that Gene once invisioned and dubbed it "Outer Heaven" in south Africa. A place where soldiers are honored, in control, and not pawns of the governments of the world. He kidnaps a scientists, Dr. Madnar, who he uses to develop the Nuclear battle tank "Metal Gear" in threatning the world with Nuclear attack. He uses Gray Fox as a decoy to be sent in by Big Boss to have a false mission to be captured, to have his genetic duplicate son Solid Snake sent in so he would have the chance to kill him. But the opposite happens, Snake defeats Big Boss's army and defeats Big Boss along with Metal Gear TX-55. Big Boss escapes and using his remaining funds forms a stronghold in the Zanzibar in the middle east. Big Boss uses Madnar to create a fully complete version of Metal Gear, Metal gear D. The retired Solid Snake is called back in by the commanding member of FOXHOUND Roy Campbell. Snake infiltrates and duels with his former combat buddy Gray Fox and kills him. After which Snake destroys Metal Gear D, and finds Big Boss, alive. The two duel to the death, and Snake finally kills Big Boss. Big Boss's body is retrieved by the US government and is used in many genetic experiments in creating superior soldiers. By studying his DNA, scientists discover which genes create better soldiers, and use that as the mold to create the Next Generation Special Forces "Genome Soldiers". Those soldiers would soon come under the command of his Genetic son Liquid Snake, the squad leader of Big Boss's former unit FOXHOUND. Liquid Snake, would hijack the Shadow Moses base in Alaska and use Metal Gear REX as leverage on the US government to hand over Big Boss's body or he would launch a nuclear attack. He wishes to get Big Boss's body in correcting genetic mistakes in the Genome soldiers and himself aswell. By doing so he sees' himself furfilling a family birthright, and being able to create his father's dream of Outer Heaven.
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 viperstrykev8
http://solidsnake19148.tripod.com/metal_gear_character_bio_s.html
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FstBrk342
well about the CQC just cuz solid doesnt use it in the games doesnt mean he didnt know it, CQC is taught to all soldiers its mandatory. besides he could have also picked it up recently... (i think ive posted too much in this topic already O_O)
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 viperstrykev8
i agree with that
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
See, I said that a while ago and no one believed that Old snake was actually Big Boss.
Ricko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ricko1234

well about the CQC just cuz solid doesnt use it in the games doesnt mean he didnt know it, CQC is taught to all soldiers its mandatory. besides he could have also picked it up recently... (i think ive posted too much in this topic already O_O)FstBrk342

snake specifically says that he doesnt like using knives! The only games where you use them are games with Big boss as the controlled character! 

viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 viperstrykev8

let me ask you a question if big boss is old sanke.

Is solid snake young snake?

Ricko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ricko1234

let me ask you a question if big boss is old sanke.

Is solid snake young snake?

viperstrykev8

quite possibly, although there is  some speculation about weather thats old snake wearing a mask. But it would make sense in terms of young snake being the same age as meryl and otacon etc...  

abudjasim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 abudjasim
Member since 2005 • 519 Posts
Kojima made it perfectly clear that the young snake in the video was a joke. And the old snake is SOLID SNAKE. Either they kill off solid snake, or the story continues with or without him.
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 viperstrykev8

1st- Big Boss is dead

2nd- Why would big boss turn against outer haven.

3rd- Due to faults in the cloning process, Snake's cells begin deteriorating at a rapid rate, causing his aging to increase even more.

if you have any questions go to this website

http://solidsnake19148.tripod.com/metal_gear_timeline.html

the information on that website is true.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

I swear to you guys, I have the same theory as this guy!  I was telling my friend how I believe it is Big Boss as well and that Solid Snake is in it as the young snake at the end of the most recent trailer.  I mean come on!  It seems obvious to me.  Yes, some things aren't clear, but if it was completely clear and all made complete sense, than it would not be works of Kojima.  But think about what Old Snake said, "Some legends are meant to die."

Big Boss is more of a legend than Solid Snake.  I mean it would be fatal for Solid Snake to fie at what seems to be an early part of the game.  For the past two MGS games (not including PO) there has been two missions throughout the game.  The first mission, shorter, and more of an introductory level, which also set the storyline in motion was later followed by the main protagonist playing through the longer, main game.  

I think we shall start as Old Snake for whatever reason.  He does what he needs to do.  Possibly fails at it, and cannot go on anymore, as he seems to be suffering by just living.  Give his, "some legends are meant to die," speech, and end it all.  Where does the game pick up?  Raiden??? NO!!!  Solid Snake!!!!

Just my two cents :D  Give some feedback if you'd like.

Ricko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ricko1234

1st- Big Boss is dead

2nd- Why would big boss turn against outer haven.

3rd- Due to faults in the cloning process, Snake's cells begin deteriorating at a rapid rate, causing his aging to increase even more.

if you have any questions go to this website

http://solidsnake19148.tripod.com/metal_gear_timeline.html

the information on that website is true.

viperstrykev8

during the series many characters have been presumed dead and not been. Grey fox ect... and whos to say that the biggest ledged of them all "big boss" can't come back. Are we even sure hes dead? PLus there has always been alot of talk about his body. WHat could that mean? 

salmo229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 salmo229
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts
On the Kojima Productions TGS2006 Special Site it says in the MGS4 section:

Metal Gear Solid 4 finds Solid Snake infiltrating a completely disordered, chaotic battlefield

Next to this is an image of Solid Snake with both eyes looking at the camera. If this is Big Boss, then his right eye would be looking straight ahead (if it was a false eye) or would have an eye patch.

I believe Big Boss is in the game art of MGS, so Big Boss being in MGS4's game art isn't actually anything new.

Unless Big Boss is an 80 year old man still capable of battle, with a new eye that has been attached to the muscles and nerves of his eye socket, and has somehow had the effects of aging reduced whilst forging relationships with Otacon, Naomi and Raiden, everything leads us to believe it is Solid Snake.
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 viperstrykev8

nice theory but one problem

big boss is dead for the last time. Here is something from the website to prove it

-- Snake successfully infiltrates Zanzibar Land and finds Dr. Marv dead. Snake kills Dr. Pettrovich and recovers OILIX.

-- Snake destroys Metal Gear D and kills Gray Fox.

-- Snake confronts Big Boss, Big Boss reveals he is Snake's father. Snake kills Big Boss.

-- Snake escapes from Zanzibar Land and retires to Alaska

Ricko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ricko1234

nice theory but one problem

big boss is dead for the last time. Here is something from the website to prove it

-- Snake successfully infiltrates Zanzibar Land and finds Dr. Marv dead. Snake kills Dr. Pettrovich and recovers OILIX.

-- Snake destroys Metal Gear D and kills Gray Fox.

-- Snake confronts Big Boss, Big Boss reveals he is Snake's father. Snake kills Big Boss.

-- Snake escapes from Zanzibar Land and retires to Alaska

viperstrykev8

that proves nothing. Loads of sites when talking about previous games say "then snake met grey fox and killed him etc..." doesnt mean its right. As soon as the game comes out i predict that many sites such as wikipedia will change there data to say "after there battle big boss was PRESUMED dead" or somthing like that./ They have done it before

viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 viperstrykev8
but look the government has big bosses remains. they are exprimenting gene therapy on him
Ricko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ricko1234

but look the government has big bosses remains. they are exprimenting gene therapy on himviperstrykev8

exactly, which supports the theory that hes alive 

viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 viperstrykev8

im not sure if he is dead or alive all i am saying is that he cant be old snake in MGS4

salmo229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 salmo229
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts
Even if he was alive, it isn't Big Boss as of now. Read my previous post to find out why.
Ricko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ricko1234

im not sure if he is dead or alive all i am saying is that he cant be old snake in MGS4

viperstrykev8

why not? gene therapy could well have lead to his revival, allbeit, not scientifically possible. 

viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 viperstrykev8

snake cant reverse his aging

viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 viperstrykev8
gene therapy is what brought gray fox back alive
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 viperstrykev8
Big Boss's body is retrieved by the US government and is used in many genetic experiments in creating superior soldiers. By studying his DNA, scientists discover which genes create better soldiers, and use that as the mold to create the Next Generation Special Forces "Genome Soldiers". Those soldiers would soon come under the command of his Genetic son Liquid Snake, the squad leader of Big Boss's former unit FOXHOUND. Liquid Snake, would hijack the Shadow Moses base in Alaska and use Metal Gear REX as leverage on the US government to hand over Big Boss's body or he would launch a nuclear attack. He wishes to get Big Boss's body in correcting genetic mistakes in the Genome soldiers and himself aswell. By doing so he sees' himself furfilling a family birthright, and being able to create his father's dream of Outer Heaven.
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
You fool, Naked Snake lost his right eye, and he is in fact wear a eye patch on his right eye. Solid Snake in MGS4 is in fact old Solid Snake due to cloning process, and he wear the eye device on his left eye.
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 viperstrykev8
You fool, Naked Snake lost his right eye, and he is in fact wear a eye patch on his right eye. Solid Snake in MGS4 is in fact old Solid Snake due to cloning process, and he wear the eye device on his left eye. aka_aj03
THANK YOU
ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
People just wait for the game to come out because when it does no one will remember these threads.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
The old man is indeed Solid Snake. Naomi Hunter gave him FoxDie, thats his illness he has 6 months to live in MGS4 plus Big Boss lost his right eye, the patch on this Snake is on his left.
notchewable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 notchewable
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

look at pic of big boss then old snake

old snakes eye system is on the wrong eye so it cant be big boss