MGS is looking very good so far

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I'm pleased with what I'm seeing.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Skip to 50mins

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Was there any doubt Kojima would deliver the goods?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

can't wait to go home and see video in 1080p instead of outdated work pc

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ewalthour

I watched several videos and the graphics look good not great. I read from Ign or gamespot about the compression of the video isn't greeat coming from YouTube but maybe that is where all the videos came from with konami tv. Now the game play is excellent and even more moves than ground zero. Ground zero was a excellent intro to thr new moves for snake. I love the rpg element to take soldiers,animals,crates, weapons etc to motherbase and your base can be attacked, you can shoot at fire range and train with your men in cq combat. I hope the cardboard box can only be used limitedly since it seems to take away from skill to stealth with all its enhancements.

Can't wait for this game to come out sooner than later.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@ewalthour: I'm pretty sure anything which passes through youtube is pretty compressed the only true way to see graphics is at home on your own TV.

Looks absolutely brilliant I cannot wait for it, I really hope it comes out next year, The whole build your own base aspect is really pulling me in, I really hope it crosses over with the first Metal Gear game like it's rumoured to do, I mean Shadow Moses needs to be in here, will this be the game we see Big Boss recruit his original Crew, Psycho Mantis, Raven, Wolf, o man I hope we see some of the back story to the whole cloning stuff, It really is getting close in time line to the first game on PS1, honestly this is probably the most anticipated game I've ever wanted.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The graphics look so sick.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That gameplay was awesome. Love the parachutes, the new box techniques, and the horse shit. Who doesn't love horse shit?!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I've never been a fan of the box, to me it takes away the seriousness of the game....besides that it looks great.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@ewalthour: I'm pretty sure anything which passes through youtube is pretty compressed the only true way to see graphics is at home on your own TV.

Looks absolutely brilliant I cannot wait for it, I really hope it comes out next year, The whole build your own base aspect is really pulling me in, I really hope it crosses over with the first Metal Gear game like it's rumoured to do, I mean Shadow Moses needs to be in here, will this be the game we see Big Boss recruit his original Crew, Psycho Mantis, Raven, Wolf, o man I hope we see some of the back story to the whole cloning stuff, It really is getting close in time line to the first game on PS1, honestly this is probably the most anticipated game I've ever wanted.

Solid was the third game not the first, if its BB's story it will be Outer Heaven, and that crew was Liquids, not BB. Just saying.

And yes I cannot wait I have never been disappointed by this series and I do not think it will fail me now.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Looks good like Wolfenstein. Looks like it should on PS4.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ewalthour

@bezza2011: i just saw a much less compressed video of phantom pain on dual shocker. Now it looks great and probably even better on my tv without any compression. I figured it was a compression issue. Dualshocker stated the original video was running at 720p resolution and it was very noticeably not great looking until now.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@mattykovax said:

@bezza2011 said:

Solid was the third game not the first, if its BB's story it will be Outer Heaven, and that crew was Liquids, not BB. Just saying.

And yes I cannot wait I have never been disappointed by this series and I do not think it will fail me now.

Your right, long time since I've played the games and the story, But didn't BB leave on a Chopper right at the start of the game once you came up the Elevator, you have a conversation with Campbell about it, and he goes off, It would be great to see it all interlink tho at some point. I hope that's where the going with it all, I mean how much more can they do after MGS 5, it's so close to the time line

@ewalthour I'll have a look and see what it looks like running on my rig.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

@MarcRecon:

@MarcRecon said:

I've never been a fan of the box, to me it takes away the seriousness of the game....besides that it looks great.

you want to talk about taking away the seriousness of the game? now you can attach things to a magical balloon that flys away to the motherbase without any1 noticing! not to mention the noise and scream as the thing shoots up in the air.

like seriously wtf is this. im surprised at how every1 is so in love with this idea. how is it that enemies wouldn't notice a bunch of bodies and cars or whatever flying off into nowhere, i feel like i'm the only one that doesnt like this whole rpg element they added to this game. i like to kill my enemies 1 by 1 stealthily assassin style, but now i'm going to have to leave them alive and attach them to a stupid balloon because i'll feel like i'm missing out if i don't upgrade everything to the max (i play mostly rpgs).

and not to be a buzzkill or anything but the more footage of this game i see the less impressive the graphics are looking. i mean sure it is open world and all but most of the world looks like barren wasteland anyway. i dunno maybe my expectations for graphics are just too high this time around.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@idunnodude said:

@MarcRecon:

@MarcRecon said:

you want to talk about taking away the seriousness of the game? now you can attach things to a magical balloon that flys away to the motherbase without any1 noticing! not to mention the noise and scream as the thing shoots up in the air.

like seriously wtf is this. im surprised at how every1 is so in love with this idea. how is it that enemies wouldn't notice a bunch of bodies and cars or whatever flying off into nowhere, i feel like i'm the only one that doesnt like this whole rpg element they added to this game. i like to kill my enemies 1 by 1 stealthily assassin style, but now i'm going to have to leave them alive and attach them to a stupid balloon because i'll feel like i'm missing out if i don't upgrade everything to the max (i play mostly rpgs).

and not to be a buzzkill or anything but the more footage of this game i see the less impressive the graphics are looking. i mean sure it is open world and all but most of the world looks like barren wasteland anyway. i dunno maybe my expectations for graphics are just too high this time around.

lol, I'm in agreement with most of what you said and I know a lot of other people feel the same way, but nobody wants to get flamed! I still think that MG5 will be a great game in genera, it's just that some of the new gameplay elements make it childlike.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ewalthour

@idunnodude: when I think about it I do agree with you. I love the rpg element s and all the added gameplay piggybacked on ground zero but the silly sound when a balloon hoist people and animals is unrealistic in a war zone. You want get flamed by Me and I love MGS series. I wish the box didn't comeback which also not realistic. The horse shit is realistic, of course. Maybe some of these things will be toned down.