Metal Gear Solid V Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

So I played MGSV at launch. Now I would like to play it again.

It would be nice to play it again with all my weapons. Just to experience the story again.

My question is if I played all the yellow missions (after beating the game once) will I see all the cut scenes? Or will I miss some stuff?

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

There's no way to play only the yellow missions. At certain points you run out of yellow missions and have to play some white missions or yellow side-ops to get new yellow missions and continue the story, but those yellow side-ops won't always pop up if there are too many side-ops already on the map. So, you have to do a fair deal of plain ol' side-ops to keep the story coming. As for cutscenes, I can't think of any you'd miss if you did the bare minimum to progress through the story as long as you also max out your bond with Quiet. However, you would miss out on some cool gear and cassette tapes (like the ones you get as a result of extracting all the wandering MSF soldiers).

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

@MrSelf-Destruct: I can go back and play any mission of my choice after beating the game right?

That is what I was trying to say. I would like to do that and just play the yellow ones for the story. I would like to see all the cut scenes when doing that. :)

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

Ah. Well, that I'm pretty sure that won't work. Not all cutscenes are triggered by specific missions. Some are only triggered by the yellow side-ops, which aren't replayable. If you just want to see the cutscenes again, you mightbe better off with Youtube. There is even a letsplay edited to make the whole thing play out more like a movie: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fvqeEYEtXAk