Metal gear solid now a hack and slash?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

K0H17K1LL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 K0H17K1LL
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Off my game list now thats for sure.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

K0H17K1LL

You see only a small bit of footage, and you;re able to nail the game down to a hacknslash? Just because Raiden uses a sword?

Wow :lol:

Yero2115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Yero2115
Member since 2006 • 155 Posts

Guess the game is going to suck now since you're not getting it.

K0H17K1LL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 K0H17K1LL

[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

Khadaj32

You see only a small bit of footage, and you;re able to nail the game down to a hacknslash? Just because Raiden uses a sword?

you didnt happen to notice it was ALL SWORD?

K0H17K1LL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 K0H17K1LL

Yero2115

Raiden sucks anyway bring back snake(even though it will competley stuff up the story line but hey)

Metal gear has allways been a tactical shooter not a hack and slash

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

K0H17K1LL

There's also nothing subtle about cutting down building supports to crush enemies in the rubble of the structure...or the fact the title of the game is tagged with "Lightning Bolt Action" and not "Lightning Bolt Stealth Espionage".
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

[QUOTE="Yero2115"]

Raiden sucks anyway bring back snake(even though it will competley stuff up the story line but hey)

Wow, its called an opinion. If you dont want it, none of us really want you to make a thread on it. If everyone did that, then millions of threads would be made everyday. If you're not interested and not going to get it, then theres no room for discussion here...
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

K0H17K1LL

You didn't happen to notice that Kojima never gets pinned down to a SINGLE GENRE? You think the man would garner some respect and trust after recent quality title after quality title, but whatever. If you want to get right down to it, MGS4 was just another sneaknshoot. I like the melee oriented combat, and Raiden is way cooler, by the way.

But like I said, you see a tiny bit of footage, and that represents the enire game, eh?

Raid3nsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Raid3nsnake
Member since 2008 • 243 Posts
lol someone has forgotten about raiden and gray fox and olga.all used a ton of stealth with their sword being weapon of choice. snake used all gun oh noes that means its a straight out shooter!!! no stealth because he used a gun! all we have seen is one clip.
K0H17K1LL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 K0H17K1LL

[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

[QUOTE="Yero2115"]

Adziboy

Wow, its called an opinion. If you dont want it, none of us really want you to make a thread on it. If everyone did that, then millions of threads would be made everyday. If you're not interested and not going to get it, then theres no room for discussion here...

If people did not express there opinion there would be no threads.

nor would there be betas and anything like that

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

K0H17K1LL
why would kojima want the gameplay to be the same as other other. He stated himself he wants to differentiate raiden & snake.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Adziboy
[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

[QUOTE="Adziboy"][QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

You have not posted anything to start a discussion. You have said you are not getting the game. There's nothing we can talk about because you've already made up your mind? If you asked a question, or stated your opinion on hack'n'slash etc... then maybe. "Off my games list now"... what are we supposed to say? Congratulations? You actually have a list? We need something...
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Adziboy
[QUOTE="mushi799"][QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

why would kojima want the gameplay to be the same as other other. He stated himself he wants to differentiate raiden & snake.

Yep, it needed a change of direction.
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
[QUOTE="Adziboy"][QUOTE="mushi799"][QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

exactly, quite frankly, i looking forward to Kojima's version of a hack n slash game.
K0H17K1LL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 K0H17K1LL

[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

[QUOTE="Adziboy"] Wow, its called an opinion. If you dont want it, none of us really want you to make a thread on it. If everyone did that, then millions of threads would be made everyday. If you're not interested and not going to get it, then theres no room for discussion here...Adziboy

You have not posted anything to start a discussion. You have said you are not getting the game. There's nothing we can talk about because you've already made up your mind? If you asked a question, or stated your opinion on hack'n'slash etc... then maybe. "Off my games list now"... what are we supposed to say? Congratulations? You actually have a list? We need something...

Or maybe if you didnt like the post, Why reply to it? and i must have something to talk about since you have posted here.

+1 stop trolling big boy

im scared of your internet muscles

K0H17K1LL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 K0H17K1LL

[QUOTE="Adziboy"][QUOTE="mushi799"] why would kojima want the gameplay to be the same as other other. He stated himself he wants to differentiate raiden & snake. mushi799

exactly, quite frankly, i looking forward to Kojima's version of a hack n slash game.

But why name it a Metal Gear that is my point WHY?

Metal gear is a tacital shooter thats that yes i know about gray fox and his awesome exo skeleton.

but this is a diffrent game honestly should not be named a metal gear

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

[QUOTE="mushi799"][QUOTE="Adziboy"] Yep, it needed a change of direction.K0H17K1LL

Metal gear is a tacital shooter thats that yes i know about gray fox and his awesome exo skeleton.

ummmm because it's in the Metal Gear Universe. They wanted to tell more of the story, through Raiden.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

[QUOTE="mushi799"][QUOTE="Adziboy"] Yep, it needed a change of direction.K0H17K1LL

There's no reason to freak out over 10 seconds of gameplay footage. I'm almost completely sure there will still be stealth in this game. He's a cyborg ninja, meaning like every other cyborg ninja, he's going to rely on not being seen by his enemies. I'm sure you don't just run up to all of your enemies and start hacking your way through, and that 10 seconds of gameplay isn't going to convince me otherwise.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
You can't judge it by simply one small footage wait till they show more of the game then you can pass judgment.
Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
I thought what they showed was really inovative. There is nothing out there like that. It's slice any way u want to And the killing looked almost real. The first real life like ninja giaden. Lol
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frostybanana
I thought what they showed was really inovative. There is nothing out there like that. It's slice any way u want to And the killing looked almost real. The first real life like ninja giaden. Lol untouchables111
Pretty sure the footage was meant to showcase the cutting mechanics, which is probably only ONE aspect of the game.
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Hack and Slash may make the series playable.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hxczuner
Hack and Slash may make the series playable.edthetinker
Woooow....you're entitled to your opinion, but that's a dangerous statement.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

That speaks more to your gaming ability than it does the MGS series. :lol:

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

haha i laughed at this just thinking about how much i struggled with MGS1 when i was a little kid but no really dangerous dangerous statement to post here haha but dont worry atleast one person like myself had a laugh

Nedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nedoras
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
They didn't really show much, but I thought what they did show was interesting. I highly doubt it's going to be a pure hack and slash game though.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Did you even see the video? It gives a new meaning to the term "hack n slash". You can cut enemies into a million little pieces!! Watch the video before you start judging it.

4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts

[QUOTE="K0H17K1LL"]

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Khadaj32

You didn't happen to notice that Kojima never gets pinned down to a SINGLE GENRE? You think the man would garner some respect and trust after recent quality title after quality title, but whatever. If you want to get right down to it, MGS4 was just another sneaknshoot. I like the melee oriented combat, and Raiden is way cooler, by the way.

But like I said, you see a tiny bit of footage, and that represents the enire game, eh?

WTH are you talking about man. Kojima had nothing to do with this game. This game is just using the MG title for name recognition. Anyways i think it looks interesting. I'll give it a shot when the price drops.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
well it is called "Lightning Fast Action" for a reason...and they DID say from the beginning that it will be a differnet take on the mgs universe.....
Nedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nedoras
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Did you even see the video? It gives a new meaning to the term "hack n slash". You can cut enemies into a million little pieces!! Watch the video before you start judging it.

Ospov
Yes I saw the video. When I said I didn't think it's going to be a pure hack and slash game, I meant I don't think you're going to be spending every moment of the game running through crowds of enemies slicing them away(like Devil May Cry). We were only shown the cutting feature, the entire game may not be like that(just running around killing). Stealth may still play an important factor.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hxczuner

Did you notice in the beginning how Raiden was hiding and the guy was looking for him? I think that's going to be how most of the game is. MGS2 was still stealth based and had Raiden for the protag. I think this is going to be similar, just with a sword. After all, he's a Cyborg ninja, ninja and stealth are synonymous.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 frostybanana

Did you notice in the beginning how Raiden was hiding and the guy was looking for him? I think that's going to be how most of the game is. MGS2 was still stealth based and had Raiden for the protag. I think this is going to be similar, just with a sword. After all, he's a Cyborg ninja, ninja and stealth are synonymous.

hxczuner
Yeah besides I used the katana the whole time after I got it in MGS2 lol
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hxczuner
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

frostybanana
Yeah besides I used the katana the whole time after I got it in MGS2 lol

I really think Rising is going to be just as stealthy
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Is the stealth genre totally dead? The last Tenchu on Wii was for 8 year olds, Spinter Cell Conviction was a joke of a stealth game, and now MGS has morphed into hack-n-slash. Sad... stealth is my favorite. But I still thought Raiden looked badass, and I will buy the new MGS for sure.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
People who are patient and are into timing really like stealth games. You sound like a run and gunner. Am I right?
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
It seems to be quite different from anything Metal Gear fans are used to, but it looks amazingly innovative. Being able to slice through building supports and slice a watermelon with extreme precision is awesome in every way possible.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

hxczuner
Exactly. I've argued that same point over and over. Everyone whines about it not being stealth anymore as if they've completely forgotten that you're playing as a freaking NINJA!!!!
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
omg... does anyone in this thread actually know whats going on? Kojima is barely involved in Rising.. and we knew it would be a hack/slash for over a year now.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Well its certainly in a new direction, thats why its a spin off. Peace Walker is the real sequel so Kojima said.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I m sertanly not as hype as i was with previous mgs games (being a fan since i was 9 ) Oh i how i miss those 5min+ trailers and going to the froums to discuss or make theories about it... those were the days
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
That would be awesome, IMO. Better than MGS4. Now don't get me wrong, MGS4 was fun and great but had alot of dull moments.