metal gear solid essential collection ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 hockeyfreak
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts
ok i want to know is the directors cut any diff then the original metal gear solid 2 ? and the snake eater is it diff than the original one ? ok what im trying to say is, are all the games in thay collection or w.e the originals ... can i play the original game on them? with nothing changed ? cuz if its messed up ill just buy the original ones seperatly seriously. i hear they have extra feature and stuff on that ... and plz what are they. thanks
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
exactly the same my friend..
hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hockeyfreak
o thank god. thanks man.
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
MGS2 is the Substance version which has the VR Missions and some other goodies, so it's better to own than the original one. Also the MGS3 is Subsistence but doesn't really have any of the extras since the original Subsitence had 2 discs, the second one holding all the good stuff. Still the Essential Collection is a godsend with its 30 pricetag especially if : you've never played any of the previous games or don't have a copy of MGS1 (which is the main reason why I bought it, although I had the original MGS2 which doesn;t have the extras the Substance version in the Collection has so it was a good bonus).
hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hockeyfreak
alright well i had the second one years ago... only for some reason i sold it ... yea.. i know stupid move lol but then i just resently sold my snake eater not the other one substance or w.e cuz i was thinking of this collection pack thing and plus it helped me get mgs4 :P lol so yea so from what i just read. its all the same story but with extras ON THE SIDE right ?
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
Yep, its the same game but MGS2 has all the extras, MGS3 has none of the extras, and you get MGS1 which is kinda hard to find a cheap original one. All three come with special new artwork made just for the collection too, which is a cool bonus. Its a steal at 30 bucks.
rayjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rayjapan
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

Yep, its the same game but MGS2 has all the extras, MGS3 has none of the extras, and you get MGS1 which is kinda hard to find a cheap original one. All three come with special new artwork made just for the collection too, which is a cool bonus. Its a steal at 30 bucks.1_Hit_Killer

MGS1 has been on the Japanese PSN for a while, I think. Perhaps only a matter of time before it goes to other PSNs...

hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hockeyfreak
wow ur telling me its a steal lol im on it ill try to find it ... i didnt find it tho when i was just browsing the stores :S how did u get it? cuz all their selling are the original lol and i want that damn collection pack ARG! i miss the mgs 2 so damn bad lol i dunno why i sold it same with mgs 3 ... i was prob high or something.... lol. oh one thing u know the flash back that snake got on the helicopter going to shadow moses ? that was sooo classic it was ps1 graphics lol thats what made me want mgs 1 lol it looks so classic :D got to love that
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
You forgot to mention that MGS3: Subsistence has a new, BETTER, camera. You'll love it over the original. The camera in MGS3 was pretty annoying, especially for a certain boss fight. UGH! :P
hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hockeyfreak
well then, lol sounds like im going to get it for sure. thanks guys :P
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elann2008

[QUOTE="1_Hit_Killer"]Yep, its the same game but MGS2 has all the extras, MGS3 has none of the extras, and you get MGS1 which is kinda hard to find a cheap original one. All three come with special new artwork made just for the collection too, which is a cool bonus. Its a steal at 30 bucks.rayjapan

MGS1 has been on the Japanese PSN for a while, I think. Perhaps only a matter of time before it goes to other PSNs...

If you have a Gamecube or Wii, get Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes which is basically, MGS1. The only downside is that it's rare and it cost at least $50 used. But the graphics are right up there with PS2's MGS2: Sons of Liberty. I say, it's worth it. I just purchased one myself so I can replay it. It's just me, I cant stand PSone graphics. PSone games dont age well but PS2 games still look awesome till this day.

hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hockeyfreak
wait what? theirs metal gear solids on other platforms? ... when did this happen? i thought it was a sony exclusive :S wow ...
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
yep..subsistence...a remake of mgs3 is on the Xbox
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

is there going to be a mgs essential collection pal version releasing? :(

i want to play it on my pal ps3

hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hockeyfreak
well i guess almost everything isnt exclusive anymore... only a few games are left god of war, killzone, final fantasy....for now lol like remember when devil may cry series was an exclusive? ... well then lol i bet u final fantasy wont be an exclusive soon, but if the graphics and all that stuff are like mgs4 it wont fit on a 360 lol even if u try really really hard lol maybe like 2 or 3 disc lol that would be jokes
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elann2008

well i guess almost everything isnt exclusive anymore... only a few games are left god of war, killzone, final fantasy....for now lol like remember when devil may cry series was an exclusive? ... well then lol i bet u final fantasy wont be an exclusive soon, but if the graphics and all that stuff are like mgs4 it wont fit on a 360 lol even if u try really really hard lol maybe like 2 or 3 disc lol that would be jokeshockeyfreak

The problem wont be the space used to make an Xbox 360 version. I'm sure it will take 4-5 DVDs to fit MGS4. The true problem lies in the console's engine. The PS3 as you well know uses the cell engine. Kojima stated that it would be very hard to port MGS4 over to the 360 or any other system for that matter because the cell engine is, let's say pretty complicated to use. It would be like making the game from scratch again. They're thinking about it but I highly doubt it. Kojima is going to take a nice long, well deserved rest and ponder about making games of his other series. Although, his team might make Metal Gear or Metal Gear Solid games, with him being somewhat involved - most likely taking the back seat. As for me, I prefer that MGS4 stay exclusive. It's the way the series should end.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I just bought it and I LOVE IT! I'm glad I'm a Metal Gear fan now. I thought that was weird about MGS3. I wanted to hunt the monkeys... :( Oh well, it's a great game regardless.