Metal Gear Solid 5's Fox Engine in pictures

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSerpent
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts

I was reading about the new Fox engine and wondering how come it will be ready for the PS3 while its obvious they are developing it for the PS4. I still have my doubts. However Kojima and team can surprise us with anything at any time...that we all know.

Want to see what the Fox Engine can do? Check this out:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/28/metal-gear-solid-5s-fox-engine-in-pictures/

pics are offscreen but you can pretty much tell what´s going on with that mosnter piece of software they are developing.

"Fox Engine allows for some impressive visuals, fueled by some interesting technology. One key component is the ability to scan real-life objects or take pictures of them to easily create in-game models and textures. "

Interesting article.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Regardless wont be disappointed. MGS4 is aging gracefully just like Ninja Gaiden and Resident Evil 4.
T-Bone91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 T-Bone91
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts
I'm confused.Is MGS5 and Ground Zeroes the same game or did they just rename it from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain?
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I'm confused.Is MGS5 and Ground Zeroes the same game or did they just rename it from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain?T-Bone91
It's all the same game. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were both MGS5 all along. I believe the title is going to be MGS5: Ground Zeroes. Supposedly, Phantom Pain describes the opening sequence where Big Boss is escaping the hospital.
T-Bone91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 T-Bone91
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts
[QUOTE="T-Bone91"]I'm confused.Is MGS5 and Ground Zeroes the same game or did they just rename it from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain?MrSelf-Destruct
It's all the same game. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were both MGS5 all along. I believe the title is going to be MGS5: Ground Zeroes. Supposedly, Phantom Pain describes the opening sequence where Big Boss is escaping the hospital.

And here I had my hopes up for two MGS games.....oh well atleast snake is back.Can't wait to hear David Hayter's voice again.Any news on the release date and is it releasing for PS3 or PS4?
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="T-Bone91"]I'm confused.Is MGS5 and Ground Zeroes the same game or did they just rename it from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain?T-Bone91

And here I had my hopes up for two MGS games.....oh well atleast snake is back.Can't wait to hear David Hayter's voice again.Any news on the release date and is it releasing for PS3 or PS4?

It's for PS3, but I have some bad news for you. Are you sitting down? ........ David Hayter won't be in this game.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2013/story.html?sid=6406157
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrSelf-Destruct
http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2013/story.html?sid=6406157MethodManFTW
Well, damn. They made it sound the exact opposite during their presentation. Kojima basically said "Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are Metal Gear Solid 5." Don't know how else to take that. lol This is cool. Though, I wonder what platform Ground Zeroes will land on. If they are two separate games releasing at roughly the same time, I can't help but assume Ground Zeroes is going to be on the Vita. Can't wait til E3.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrSelf-Destruct

It is one game. Apparently the representative misrepresented when he claimed them to be separate titles. They are the same title, but separate games in the sense that they tell two individual stories. Ground Zeroes tells about the fall of Mother Base and how Big Boss ends up in a coma. Phantom Pain then tells what happens to Big Boss when he awakens. Think of it like how the Tanker Incident and Big Shell Incident split up MGS2.

EDIT: ...and then I read this part: "How they will be sold and distributed is a different matter entirety. No clarification was given, meaning that the chances of both parts coming on just one disc are not particularly high." I'm so confused. To me, something being the same game means it comes on the same disc. If they ship separately, they are two different games, and this clarification is pointless. lol

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts
Thanks for the info, MrSelf. :D
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

It is one game. Apparently the representative misrepresented when he claimed them to be separate titles. They are the same title, but separate games in the sense that they tell two individual stories. Ground Zeroes tells about the fall of Mother Base and how Big Boss ends up in a coma. Phantom Pain then tells what happens to Big Boss when he awakens. Think of it like how the Tanker Incident and Big Shell Incident split up MGS2.

EDIT: ...and then I read this part: "How they will be sold and distributed is a different matter entirety. No clarification was given, meaning that the chances of both parts coming on just one disc are not particularly high." I'm so confused. To me, something being the same game means it comes on the same disc. If they ship separately, they are two different games, and this clarification is pointless. lol

MrSelf-Destruct

Ground Zeroes might be an exclusive to playstation and MGS5 on both, who knows at this point and to be honest I'm kinda losing interest if Hayter isn't in it. :(

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]

EDIT: ...and then I read this part: "How they will be sold and distributed is a different matter entirety. No clarification was given, meaning that the chances of both parts coming on just one disc are not particularly high." I'm so confused. To me, something being the same game means it comes on the same disc. If they ship separately, they are two different games, and this clarification is pointless. lol

23Jarek23

Ground Zeroes might be an exclusive to playstation and MGS5 on both, who knows at this point and to be honest I'm kinda losing interest if Hayter isn't in it. :(

Or maybe it's Hideo Kojima, still playing the confusing game ^^