Metal Gear Solid 4 should i?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryan798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryan798
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts

Recently got a ps3 as some of you may know, and was playing through the MGS4 demo hoping to buy the full game, but am i missing something? from what ive played the game seems poor, but my friends assure me that the demo is rubbish compared to the full game which is excellent, so is it worth getting the full game if i 'dislike the demo?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

It's $24...

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

Recently got a ps3 as some of you may know, and was playing through the MGS4 demo hoping to buy the full game, but am i missing something? from what ive played the game seems poor, but my friends assure me that the demo is rubbish compared to the full game which is excellent, so is it worth getting the full game if i 'dislike the demo?

Ryan798

how dare you

MGS4 is one of the greatest games released

GET IT

Ryan798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ryan798

[QUOTE="Ryan798"]

mattamomo

how dare you

GET IT

like i said, 'from what ive played'

ill take your word for it though, ill buy it and yes i know its cheap at the minute, its just the principle of paying for a game if i dont like it.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

It's $24...

Denji

you can get it used for under 10 dollars...

It's more than worth the original $60 price tag, one of the best games on the PS3

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Actually its only $15 for like one of the top games this generation. Yes, get it TC.

Ryan798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ryan798

ok, end of thread lads.

Glad you proved me wrong, as ive never played any of the previous MGS games, but i do love stealth games (original SC games)

Been a xbox boy all my gaming life, so after making the switch to the better machine i have to get used to these exclusives:D

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

ok, end of thread lads.

Glad you proved me wrong, as ive never played any of the previous MGS games, but i do love stealth games (original SC games)

Been a xbox boy all my gaming life, so after making the switch to the better machine i have to get used to these exclusives:D

Ryan798

now you have pointed out something that might make you not like it

you wont understand the complicated story unless you play the first 3, although i think it is still understandable

Ryan798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ryan798

[QUOTE="Ryan798"]

ok, end of thread lads.

mattamomo

now you have pointed out something that might make you not like it

you wont understand the complicated story unless you play the first 3, although i think it is still understandable

yeah possibly, but im sure ill get it. I might have to wait for the re-mastered HD series to be released, any one know when this is due?

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

from what i've heard there are long cut scenes, is that true, i want to play not watch a movie

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

MGS4 is just not for some people. I love the series and it was an amazing game. But you may not be into that type of play style. So imo it's worth it. You may want to watch some gameplay videos on YouTube.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#12 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Demos don't do games justice.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

MGS4 is just not for some people. I love the series and it was an amazing game. But you may not be into that type of play style. So imo it's worth it. You may want to watch some gameplay videos on YouTube.

MasterKingMP

Agreed, Even though I'm a long time fan of the series the gameplay is dated "BUT" still enjoyable.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

ok, end of thread lads.

Ryan798

I say no. Borrow your friends mgs4 if at all possible. the stealth in 4 is comparable to SC:C more than SC:CT. The pacing is bad mainly due to the numerous cutscenes that break up the gameplay. The dialogue is poor and story is still nonsensical. Bring out your ps2 if you have one and play MGS3:SE and youll thank me later

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

[QUOTE="Ryan798"]

mattamomo

how dare you

GET IT

My thoughts exactly, if you own a PS3 you should own mgs4
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Denji

[QUOTE="mattamomo"]

[QUOTE="Ryan798"]

Solid_Tango

how dare you

GET IT

My thoughts exactly, if you own a PS3 you should own mgs4

By what standards? Hype? That hype was generated by Metal Gear fans for four years and the game itself is a fanservice to Metal Gear fans to tie up the story. Not just anyone will like Metal Gear and people should know themselves, especially what they like.

As posted before, it's $24 (brand new). I highly doubt anyone will break their balls on $24 if they bought a PS3 and are used to paying $60 ~ $70 per game.

Starkzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Starkzard
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

You should get this game in my opinion, if you have played the previous ones you will enjoy it even more, it's pretty cheap nowadays so go ahead and give it a try, it melted my face off.

userzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 userzero
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts
Of course you should!
Shut-Your-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shut-Your-Face
Member since 2011 • 208 Posts
Personally, I didn't like it.
Scrotous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Scrotous
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts

Get it, amazing game. If i had a brainwashing machine i'd brainwash myself just so i could experience it all again fresh! Great story and well, the gameplay didn't change that much from the previous ones but still an amazing game. The online isn't bad either.

Edit: Imo its quite the masterpiece, just the stealth action might not appeal to everyone(for those who usually preffer to rush in guns blazing probably lol), like a friend that i once lent my game to. But well you can even go mass murdering if you want and still get away with it lol, the game gives you such option. Appart from all that, at least TWO boss battles have their own UNIQUE system.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Denji

Get it, amazing game. If i had a brainwashing machine i'd brainwash myself just so i could experience it all again fresh! Great story and well, the gameplay didn't change that much from the previous ones but still an amazing game. The online isn't bad either.

Scrotous

Why brainwash when you can just clear your save files..?:|

Scrotous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Scrotous
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts

[QUOTE="Scrotous"]

Denji

Oh lol well reminded, i should delete my saves then once i invent such machine.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Although I still think it's wayyy overrated by people here, it still a kickass game. It was worth $60 back when it came out, and it sure as hell is worth $20 as it is now. BUT if you haven't played any other MGS games, better to wait for MGS HD collection (and buy the first one on PSN or if you have Gamecube or Wii, get Twin Snakes, which is the remake and far better version than the original).
DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 DarxPhil
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

I didn't like MGS4, it's just not for me.

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

The game is amazing, thou i have to admit it i took a while till i got into the game, it's a bit of a slow start but when it starts... ^^

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Denji

The game is amazing, thou i have to admit it i took a while till i got into the game, it's a bit of a slow start but when it starts... ^^

Elitro

Actually, I thought Act 3 was kinda "slow" and didn't like the babysitting job and being thrown into another "chase". Act 2 had it's big chase and that should've been it :lol:

Boss8855

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boss8855
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

MGS 4 was much better than the other 3 previous games. But as a stand alone game... I'd rank it low in ps3 top 20 list. Story is epic....but weird. Visuals are beautiful. Snake is badass. But there are a lot of innovative ps3 games out there like Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, LBP, Killzone. Metal Gear Solid IMO has annoying gameplay mechanics sinceI never played the originals. There was no nostaligic effect for me. Its a must buy....but for much of the same a reasons as GOW III is a must buy. Its an "OH SNAP" Fest.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I have not been into the metal gear games since the first metal gear solid and a bit of the 2nd one. Jumping into 4 I absolutely loved the game! Good stuff and you don't really need to know all the details from the previous games but it definitely would help. The ending of this game was excellent to me, it is well worth the $20. On top of that it has a New game + where you keep weapons and stuff on the next replay, very cool.

I will agree with some above that the gameplay mechanics will take some time to get used to, they are kindof ass backwards in some respects.

JAM1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JAM1313
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
MGS4 is the G.O.A.T. !!!!
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Scrotous"]

i feel what the dude means. even if you delete the files the euphoria of that first playthrough where everything is unexpected and the game is full of excitement is over. you can delete the files...but fortunatly and unfortunatly the memories live on!
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

ok, end of thread lads.

Ryan798

my quesiton is this. why would you jump into a series at the end of the story? even if you find metal gear to be awesome wouldnt you want to play through from the beginning so you can know whats going on? its more understandable why youre not into it now. most people who like MGS4 are people who have been fans since the beginning, not to say that you wont like it...its just that theres a MUCH better opportunity for enjoyment when you know what the heck is going on, especially considering how much referencing to the actual story, characters and timeline MGS4 does. PLUS the jokes nearing the end of the game are MUCH more enjoyable when you start from the beginning! so do you understand what im trying to tell you?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
It starts off sucky but gets better.
monker490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monker490
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

Yes you should.

End thread

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Rent it if your not sure about if you will like this game. One of the Best games ever on Playstation 3. A used copyat EB games is $14.99 so you could buy one and not worry about breaking the bank. A PS3 Classic

Or borrow a copy from your friends?