Metal Gear Solid 4 is IMPOSSIBLE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FDs-Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FDs-Nemesis
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

Just got my PS3. First game, MGS4. I was excited after seeing 10/10s at GS and IGN. However, I put the game in, it installs (whats that about) and I just end up getting a ton of cutscenes and extremely difficult gameplay. I got to about 10 minutes of actually playing (25 if you count the cutscenes) and got stuck. I do not get this game at all. Its really confusing and there is no tutorial. wtf am I doing?

I guess Im just trying to make myself like the game since my parents told me I cant return it to Futureshop (can I?)

randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

yea this game isnt for everyone someone should of warned u. apparantly only fans of the series would really know whats going on and appriciate the cutscenes. and as for difficulty the game isnt that bad. try putting it on a easier difficulty. the game is good man probaly one of my favorite on PS3

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
On the map it will have a little icon of where you want to go, also that is the tutorial it prompts what you need to do.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Does no one read the game manual anymore?:?

And yeah it would help if you bought the MGS:Essential Collection before playing so those cutscenes will make more sense.:P

FDs-Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FDs-Nemesis
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

On the map it will have a little icon of where you want to go, also that is the tutorial it prompts what you need to do.wooooode

Ya but how do I get around? I always alert a large group of them then die.

Btw, I love your avatar!

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
plz dont tell me youve been trying to fight the gekkoes
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Have you been trying to fight the Gekkos, or did you do as Otacon told you and move on through as fast as possible?
randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

[QUOTE="wooooode"]On the map it will have a little icon of where you want to go, also that is the tutorial it prompts what you need to do.FDs-Nemesis

Btw, I love your avatar!

in the begining u dont wanna be seen because u really cant take down the Gekko (big walking tank things) so u gotta be sneaky and if u get seen then run until the alert status is lifted. after that opening part though ur free to play as you want although i find it easier to just sneak around taking guys out quietly.

zkeymon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 zkeymon
Member since 2009 • 413 Posts

yea dude it was my first too and i hated it the first time i tried playing but once you get the ottobot or what ever it gets better and yea lots of cutscenes but they are cool and run from the two legged cow things haha once you get the hang of it it becomes like crack to a crackhead or it does to some not everyone like someone said above me

Seritonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Seritonin
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts

[QUOTE="wooooode"]On the map it will have a little icon of where you want to go, also that is the tutorial it prompts what you need to do.FDs-Nemesis

Btw, I love your avatar!

You gotta stay hidden and move in the shadows and and sneak around. If you're havin that much trouble try an easier difficulty run. Cuz you will run into way harder spots later. Takes some getting used to but what game doesn't. Its really fun if you just give it a chance. Once you get an arsenal of weapons built up you don't have to sneak anymore. You can just run and gun.

Seritonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Seritonin
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts

Also if you're stuck on a part of the game, look up that part on youtube. And you'll see people playing that part flawlessly. Should tell you ways to approach the scene.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Just got my PS3. First game, MGS4. I was excited after seeing 10/10s at GS and IGN. However, I put the game in, it installs (whats that about) and I just end up getting a ton of cutscenes and extremely difficult gameplay. I got to about 10 minutes of actually playing (25 if you count the cutscenes) and got stuck. I do not get this game at all. Its really confusing and there is no tutorial. wtf am I doing?

I guess Im just trying to make myself like the game since my parents told me I cant return it to Futureshop (can I?)

FDs-Nemesis
You must not of played MGS 1-3.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

Does no one read the game manual anymore?:?

And yeah it would help if you bought the MGS:Essential Collection before playing so those cutscenes will make more sense.:P

Vyse_Legends
TC, Do both of these and you should be set.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
lol lol lol Extremely difficult. *Coughs* Might I recommend Demon's Soul? I hear it's MUCH easier. Yeah! =d
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

FDs-Nemesis
I stop reading at "I was excited after seeing 10/10s".. why do you buy a game because it got great scores that you know nothing about, fail
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Btw, I love your avatar!

Someone should have told you it's a stealth game. It's a stealth game btw.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
You pretty much bought a game that's built on more story than anything, so if you haven't played the other games, you won't know s***
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
What difficulty do you have it on? Also, I disagree with everyone that it's a stealth game as I've pretty much just been blasting through it on my second play through on Solid Normal. If you go harder than that, sure, sneak often.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
The whole "tactical espionage action" bit should have tipped you off that you need to take the slow and stealthy approach. It's definitely possible to rambo it, but I don't recommend that until you've got your feet wet with how the game works...
King-Tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 King-Tigre
Member since 2009 • 202 Posts

What can I say MGS4 is only for people who actually understand the game and have experience, sort of the classic resident evil series, where pretty much if you don't your surroundings, you aren't going to get that far. Complaining about the installs and the cutscenes...tsk..tsk...I already know where this is going.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Don't worry its a great game you just have to use to it... It was my first MGS game and I thought it was awesome don't give up my friend its worth every second...

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Almost all games have mandatory installs that make the game run smoother btw.

Also, it probably would've helped if you played the previous MGS games so you would have some background info and would be sort of used to the controls, but if you didn't then you aren't missing out on a ton (except 3 great games). The game is very cutscene-heavy, but if you like the story it's not too bad. Once you get used to the controls you'll like the game a lot more.

CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CZVA
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

dont give up on this game yet. it really sucks to see people give up on this game the first time. its real fun if you get around the learning curve. i got into it right away though. just make sure whatever you do, dont waste your time playing online.

and yeah youre not going to like the cutscenes if you have no experience with the previous mgs games. i played mgs3 only which has less to do with mgs4 than the other games but i found the cutscenes to be perfect. sometimes boring but sometimes epic.

karnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 karnis
Member since 2004 • 1825 Posts

Btw, I love your avatar!

use stealth it's easy you have camo for gods sake.
_Ben99_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 _Ben99_
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
:lol: did you see the crazy dances at the beginning ? or the frying eggs yet ? it's gonna blow your mind with it's "subtlety". God I HATE this game.
Zanthiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zanthiago
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

FDs-Nemesis

Yeap, MSG4 all it is is a $60 movie. You won't get a lot of gameplay out of it. Might as well get the popcorn ready. Specially on chapter 3. Big disapointment, eh?

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Yeah, if your not sure, don't get a game. I made that mistake with this. While it was good, there was some extremely boring cutscenes, and repetitive and slow gameplay

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
[QUOTE="Zanthiago"]

[QUOTE="FDs-Nemesis"]

Yeap, MSG4 all it is is a $60 movie. You won't get a lot of gameplay out of it. Might as well get the popcorn ready. Specially on chapter 3. Big disapointment, eh?

You payed... $60?! I payed about $20.
Zanthiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zanthiago
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts
[QUOTE="Adziboy"][QUOTE="Zanthiago"]

[QUOTE="FDs-Nemesis"]

You payed... $60?! I payed about $20.

Eh, when it first came out, lol.
gestah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gestah
Member since 2005 • 523 Posts

FDs-Nemesis
not all games are the same, and MSG stand in a category of his own. you can love it or not, but most do. if that way is too difficult, try clearing it with no kills and no rations and continues under 5 hours like I'm doing right now. still, I have to tell the truth, it ain't too bad
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#31 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Well, your not supposed to shoot your way through this first of all. And MGS4 is actually pretty easy besides some of the boss fights. But ya, somebody should've warned you that MGS4 has a selective audience.

CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 CrispexOps
Member since 2009 • 182 Posts

I love MGS4! One of the best games. I love the whole series.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts
[QUOTE="FDs-Nemesis"]

Chris_Williams
I stop reading at "I was excited after seeing 10/10s".. why do you buy a game because it got great scores that you know nothing about, fail

The fact it was rated 10/10 does mean its a great game but this dude isnt getting the essence of the game. 1.Why do i feel like this guy isnt matured enough to play this game,if you ask me,he sounds like he's 14 2.Since when did people ignore user manuals 3.Since when did people ignore clear voice instructions(octacon) given to them 4.I am tired of every little stupid teenager comparing every other game to Call of Duty,its driving me nutts
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

And how is Metal gear solid 4 different then any other Metal gear solid game?

As far as i can remember, they have always had long cutscenes. They created a world and story rich with detail. The games have always been story driven. Its how Kojima-san wants it. Its how Kojima-san gets it.

With that said, you would have pretty much have an understanding of the story from the past games to get what is going on though.

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
A stick. - slurps -
djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

BOTTOM LINE: i feel sooooooo sooooorrryyyy on people who didn't even play/'experience' mgs1 ps1, mgs2 and 3 ps2, even earlier mgs games on very old school consoles. then late bloomers come on blasting criticizing negatively latest mgs series.. tsk tsk. i pity those people, they don't know what experience they're missing, they don't know how to play mgs games. they feel alienated.

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#37 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
Well, I bought MGS4 to play too. But it's just not my type of games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
Read the game manual and jump into the training range to practice the controls. Btw this game is mostly cutscenes; not a game for everyone...
dinjo_jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#39 dinjo_jo
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts
Me too was finding very difficult to play the game as i haven't played the earlier game.But the game requires lot of patience i'm playing mainly use of stealth and its so satisfying.Anyone knows how can i kill Laughing Octopus getting difficult to kill it and is there a way to lower the difficulty in mid game play
kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#40 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

It is a great game you just have to keep trying since you haven't played the previous games you will be alittle lost but by the time you finish it I think you will enjoy it. best of luck

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#41 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
A stick. - slurps -Knivez0r
You're awesome.
in-formation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 in-formation
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

FDs-Nemesis
Keep playing and you will probably end up loving it. It's a great game.
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

This was my second metal gear solid game. Its actually one of the easier games that I have played. Once you get the hang of the stealth elements it should be pretty easy.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Sure, blame the game :P

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#45 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

1.) Cutscenes aren't for everyone. Also playing from MGS4 at the start will be like watching The Matrix Revolutions first. You won't get it.

2.) The game isn't that hard, considering most of the stealth elements can be avoided and it can be played more like Modern Warfare.

3.) Go play Ninja Gaiden or Demon's Souls, then let's talk impossible.

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

Well, your not supposed to shoot your way through this first of all. And MGS4 is actually pretty easy besides some of the boss fights. But ya, somebody should've warned you that MGS4 has a selective audience.

brickdoctor
This sums it up pretty well. If you haven't played any other MGS games, go back and play those first, MGS 1, and 3 at least.