Metal Gear Solid 4 - HELP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaitu_teja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chaitu_teja
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hi

i just finished ACT 1 in Metal Gear Solid 4 and i am not satisfied. Game is awesome but i suck at stealth games and i cannot able play the game the way it meant to be played. Can any one give me some tips so that i can finish missions with out alerting enemies ?

and one more thing i also want to use other weapons not just the tranq gun (put enemies to sleep) any recommendations ?

Thanks

teja

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

You can play howver you want, but if you are gonna be stealthy, its only logical that you must stay quiet and use less lethal weapons.

chaitu_teja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaitu_teja

Any less lethal weapons except tranq gun ? and tips on how to be stealthy ?

Thanks

teja

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Probably the bet non lethal gun, (although really hard to be stealthy with it) is the Shotgun with V-ring ammo.. it only knocks them out and you can put a scope on it. Other than the tranq and the tranq sniper (really loud though) you have to rely on your sneaking and CQC skills. The best way to be stealthy is really just to study the environment and know where the enemies are, and when you can sneak by them. Being stealthy and knocking out alot of enemies isn't that easy, its much better to just sneak through the whole level and take out only the few that you can't get past.. Also always hit them in the head or it take a few seconds for them to go out..
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Also, a good way to knock people out if you aren't good with CQC is to charge up your shock knife and just zap em!!
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Unless you're trying to get specific emblems you can use anything you can put a silencer on just make sure it's a headshot every time otherwise you risk detection. The tranqs just make it easier since if you miss the head they'll still go down eventually (unless it's frogs or a boss etc) while a headshot will still take them down instantly.

Other than that keep an eye on the stealth guage and only move slowly if at all while you're near enemies and when you're not near enemies watch the threat ring like a hawk so you don't run into them. Learn the enemies patterns if you have to get by an enemy (patience is key). look for and remember good places you can hide from guards and try to move through areas you might get cornered in as quickly as possible (while avoiding detection obviously).

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

Hi

i just finished ACT 1 in Metal Gear Solid 4 and i am not satisfied. Game is awesome but i suck at stealth games and i cannot able play the game the way it meant to be played. Can any one give me some tips so that i can finish missions with out alerting enemies ?

and one more thing i also want to use other weapons not just the tranq gun (put enemies to sleep) any recommendations ?

Thanks

teja

chaitu_teja

Hi

Thanks

teja

chaitu_teja
Youre not the only one.I finished act 1. act 2. now cant get past that first level.I bet you hard the difficultiies like me on the last level on act when I under that truck in pmc camp I ran to the door. Im on normal difficullty still hard though.Imagine boss fights....
chaitu_teja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chaitu_teja

Thanks for the info

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#9 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

It's pretty easy just to mow your way through enemies. Just check all the corpses for ammo when you get a chance. And there's respawning enemies at some points battling each other, especially in Act 2. Great place to farm equipment from the PMCs.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

you don't need to be stealthy you just need to be able to be a little patient and pick them off. quick an easy game once you get into it, i never used any non lethal stuff, the best bet is use the m4 customise it, use silencers and what you do is get behind cover scope the place out whats just infront of ya and pick them off one by one with head shots. thing is with the silence on the first guy and theres a couple they will come over and check the body then just shoot them. stealth is just about staying back you could play this game completly all gun blazing if u want except for one part.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

You don't seem entirely comfortable with stealth, why not try out a few different styles, maybe sniping or all-guns-blazing methods would suit you better. Whatever you do, enjoy the game, it's a masterpiece. Good luck :)

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

This video will teach you the surprisingly varied CQC moves

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/close-quarters-mgs4-guns/35160

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

You don't seem entirely comfortable with stealth, why not try out a few different styles, maybe sniping or all-guns-blazing methods would suit you better. Whatever you do, enjoy the game, it's a masterpiece. Good luck :)

craigofadown
I got angry with myself when mowing through enemies, MGS and Splinter Cell have to be played using Stealth.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

Any less lethal weapons except tranq gun ? and tips on how to be stealthy ?

Thanks

teja

chaitu_teja

just get farther in the game u eventually can customize guns and get silencers

also u can use the mark 2 robot to scout ahead and see what enemies there are and you can think of a way to sneak around them

and keep an eye on the top right hand corner to see how good you are hidden

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

You don't always have to be stealthy. I actually helped fight with the rebels a bunch of times until we were victorious! That was as satifying as a sneak through.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Use a silencer on your guns.

Metal Gear 4 is unique in that it's easy to play hard to master. I've been through the game 3 times. Each time I get better and better. There are so many ways play. To get the most out of the game get a guide. There is a lot of stuff to find and use.