Metal Gear Soild 4 VS Grand Theft Auto IV

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mohan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mohan88
Member since 2006 • 4839 Posts
Look i know they are totaly different games, but the winner by the poll in this thread will win game of year. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Polls are for suckers. Winner is MGS4 this thread is over now lol
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
Sorry but GTA wasn't ground-breaking like all the reviews said it was. I haven't touched the game since I beat the main story.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
MGS4, anyone who votes anythign different is obviously kidding themselves..
gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gogators4life
Member since 2006 • 4654 Posts
MGS 4
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
why would you try to make two of the best games go head on- there should be no competition, this is stupid.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Okay! who the hell voted for GTA?! show yourself!!
videogamer_ps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 videogamer_ps
Member since 2008 • 225 Posts
mgs4 is the reason why i bought a ps3 40gb, but, ever since i finished mgs4 once(normal) i play more of gta4 than mgs4. when i finish gta4 i want to continue mgs4(hard mode) but at the same i still have to finish uncharted, assassin's and spider-man 3. soooo... it's so hard to decide which is better coz i think both games are a big time tie! but if i were to choose ofcorse mgs4 coz... IT'S MGS4 GOR GOD'S SAKE! and hideo is da man!:D mgs4 wins by 1 point in my book.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

GTA IV. Live with it, MGS4 fanboys. Not every person is going to love the living hell out of your game. If you like MGS4, then fine. I respect that, and you should do the same.

Also, GTA IV has the higher average percentage on GameRankings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 avataraang1

GTA IV. Live with it, MGS4 fanboys. Not every person is going to love the living hell out of your game. If you like MGS4, then fine. I respect that, and you should do the same.

BioShockOwnz
We're not fanboys its just that GTAIV has no replay value whatsoever and the multipayer gets boring after a week
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

We're not fanboys its just that GTAIV has no replay value whatsoever and the multipayer gets boring after a week

Yup, GTA IV has the higher average for a reason.

MGS4 = 93%

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926596.asp

GTA IV = 97%

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933036.asp?q=gta

I beat MGS4 and put it back on the shelf. No replay value whatsoever. Sure, you can replay it through for extras, but I already played the game using stealth and run n' gun, so I have no reason to go back through. There's little room for exploration. Some of the levels are more open, but they're still very linear, where you're basically on a set path leading up to the same part, which you would've got to no matter what. There's really no ways around, like there are in other games that offer more creativity in the way you play and has an impact on the outcome. MGO is a mediocre snoozefest for me. The single player was great, but one time was enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 avataraang1
[QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

MGS4 = 93%

GTA IV = 97%

I beat MGS4 and put it back on the shelf. No replay value whatsoever. Sure, you can replay it through for extras, but I already played the game using stealth and run n' gun, so I have no reason to go back through. There's little room for exploration. Some of the levels are more open, but they're still very linear, where you're basically on a set path leading up to the same part, which you would've got to no matter what. There's really no ways around, like there are in other games that offer more creativity in the way you play and has an impact on the outcome. MGO is a mediocre snoozefest for me. The single player was great, but one time was enough.

Lol that sounds like a GTA4 fanboy to me
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

MGS4 = 93%

GTA IV = 97%

No, it's called having an opinion on a game, much like you do. A fanboy is one that can't accept others tastes and opinions, thus throwing out their opinion of a game or system around like its fact, when it's actually the complete opposite. Fact is, GTA IV scored higher when all the review sites are combined.

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

MGS4 = 93%

GTA IV = 97%

Indeed.

MGS_Lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MGS_Lionheart
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 4 all the way. No way that Grand Theft Auto can compare to it. Look at it like this, MGS4 has people going out there and buying PS3's and GTA4 doesn't. Obviously people see something in MGS4. In my opinion though I feel that the GTA series has gotten repetitive and pointless.
gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts
as much as i loved GTAIV, i do prefer MGS4
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Both are great games and offer fantastic experiences, I'm not sure why even try to divide them in the first place.

Play both and have fun, isn't that the point? :)

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioShockOwnz

Both are great games and offer fantastic experiences, I'm not sure why even try to divide them in the first place.

Sokol4ever

True. I guess it's since they both received 10's here and some of us like to prove that our personal preference in gaming is superior.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

MGS4 has that extra layer in there unlike GTA4. The story is much deeper, and there are a bunch of unlockables thats worth replaying multiple times over. Believe or not I'm on my 4th run already in MGS, there has really never been a single game thats gotten me to replay it so many times right after I beat it. And the multiplayer is also very promising, with more maps and more content agreed to come later on.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

BioShockOwnz

True. I guess it's since they both received 10's here and some of us like to prove that our personal preference in gaming is superior.

Ah, the personal preference eh!

In that case I chose Final Fantasy VII... wait this doesn't belong here! Hehe.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

Sokol4ever

Ah, the personal preference eh!

In that case I chose Final Fantasy VII... wait this doesn't belong here! Hehe.

Blah! I choose FFVIII! I win! :P

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
the thing about mgs4 is that its great right from the start and gets better from there on. with gta4 its only good after about 15-20 (well atleast for, thats around when i got to the big bank robbery) and doesn't really offer a whole lot else. mgs4 has more variety and a far better use of real-time cut scenes, and far better direction as far as those cut scenes go.
The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Goat_Azz
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts

Which is better, umm lets think...

An old guy always hiding and moving very slow..or

young guys ,Gangs, action, lots and lots of shooting, BETTER ONLIN, more replayability.

I dont know...the second one sounds more exiting to me.

GTA4!! MGS4 has a really good story so they declare it the best game, pshhh. :rolls eyes:

The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Goat_Azz
Online is the next big thing of this gen and it will always stay like this. stories, once u beat it, ur done.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ronniepage588

young guys ,Gangs, action, lots and lots of shooting, BETTER ONLIN, more replayability.

GTA4!! MGS4 has a really good story so they declare it the best game, pshhh. :rolls eyes:

The_Goat_Azz

did you even play mgs4????

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ronniepage588

Online is the next big thing of this gen and it will always stay like this. stories, once u beat it, ur done.The_Goat_Azz

pretty much everyone who owns mgs4 started playing from the beginning again because theres a great amount of replayability- you can play the whole game stealthy or go rambo- saying gta4 four has lots and lots of shooting in comparison to mgs4 is laughable. and saying gta4 has better online is also laughable.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ronniepage588

okay lets look at the poll results....

end of discussion.

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
[QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

MGS4 = 93%

GTA IV = 97%

No, it's called having an opinion on a game, much like you do. A fanboy is one that can't accept others tastes and opinions, thus throwing out their opinion of a game or system around like its fact, when it's actually the complete opposite. Fact is, GTA IV scored higher when all the review sites are combined.

the second you came trying to call people who prefered mgs4 "fanboys" you became 1 tyourself...and i beat mgs4 more then once, i got bored with gta4 halfway through, not much big change, its great hell yea, and the little fine tunes are great but mgs4 did more then that for its series

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BioShockOwnz

end of discussion.

ronniepage588

Reviews hold more credibility, sorry.

The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Goat_Azz

MGS4 = 93%

GTA IV = 97%

Lol and you sound loke a MGS4 fanboy to me.

PSP_Believer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 PSP_Believer
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
At least GTA IV sold over 6 million copies in its first week and MGS 4 sold roughly one million copies in week one.From that data,it tells me that gamers like GTA more than the MGS series.There's no way MGS 4 solid can catch up to that many copies.And plus,GTA IV made history and MGS 4 didn't.So all the lengthy cutscenes were worth nothing hahaha.Since MGS is DEAD,gamers are gonna move to GTA in which Rockstar games are gonna continue making games.MGS 4 is only about shooting and sneaking,but GTA is EVERYTHING!Lets get things straight though,they're both good,but the one thing that all you people comparing these two game of the year contenders should know is,GTA took gaming AI to the next level and pretty much everything else.If you disagree then forget you,GTA did a greater impact than MGS 4.I've read all the facts people so I know what I'm saying.You should read the facts too.
xialon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 xialon
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

10 out of 10. That means a perfect score. That means a perfect game. Is anything really "perfect"?

GTA IV got a 10 out of 10. MGS4 got a 10 out of 10. Are both games equally perfect? If not then that means there is an inconsistancy in scoring.

Neither game should get a 10 out of 10 (that is my opinion). However, I do prefer MGS4 over GTA IV.

The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Goat_Azz
[QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"]

ronniepage588

no but in every video the dude is hiding, the online sucks i heard from mgs4 fans too, beat the story once ot maybe 2 times and then wat are u gonna do with it? just because it has a really good story doesnt mean it is the best game ever made.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BioShockOwnz

10 out of 10. That means a perfect score. That means a perfect game. Is anything really "perfect"?

GTA IV got a 10 out of 10. MGS4 got a 10 out of 10. Are both games equally perfect? If not then that means there is an inconsistancy in scoring.

Neither game should get a 10 out of 10 (that is my opinion). However, I do prefer MGS4 over GTA IV.

xialon

10 =/= Perfect.

The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Goat_Azz
[QUOTE="ronniepage588"][QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"]

The_Goat_Azz

no but in every video the dude is hiding, the online sucks i heard from mgs4 fans too, beat the story once ot maybe 2 times and then wat are u gonna do with it? just because it has a really good story doesnt mean it is the best game ever made.

Also i play games to have fun not to give a dam about stories. If i am correct games were invented without stories and ppl still had fun with it and still do. i have couple of my own stories to handle.

PSP_Believer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 PSP_Believer
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

Forgot to add something.Personally I feel GTA IV is better than MGS 4 and don't ask me why cuz I already said it in my other message.

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yungswift44
[QUOTE="ronniepage588"][QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"]

The_Goat_Azz

wow you really need to play, insane amount of action if you wanna play it that way, or great sneakin if you so choose too, yes you have the choice, i have gta4 and mgs4 and yea their alsmot tied, but you owe it to yourself to buy mgs4, especially if your gonna be in a poll like this..aimin in mgs4 is sorta liek gta except...well more accurate IMO main diff in gta4 its how much bullets ya empty into them mgs4 its how well you you shoot and where...nothin wrong with either i jus prefer mgs4
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
MGS4 is far superior to GTAIV in almost every way.
yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 yungswift44
At least GTA IV sold over 6 million copies in its first week and MGS 4 sold roughly one million copies in week one.From that data,it tells me that gamers like GTA more than the MGS series.There's no way MGS 4 solid can catch up to that many copies.And plus,GTA IV made history and MGS 4 didn't.So all the lengthy cutscenes were worth nothing hahaha.Since MGS is DEAD,gamers are gonna move to GTA in which Rockstar games are gonna continue making games.MGS 4 is only about shooting and sneaking,but GTA is EVERYTHING!Lets get things straight though,they're both good,but the one thing that all you people comparing these two game of the year contenders should know is,GTA took gaming AI to the next level and pretty much everything else.If you disagree then forget you,GTA did a greater impact than MGS 4.I've read all the facts people so I know what I'm saying.You should read the facts too.PSP_Believer
you havent even touched mgs4...your statements prove it...
The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Goat_Azz
[QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"][QUOTE="ronniepage588"][QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"]

yungswift44

wow you really need to play, insane amount of action if you wanna play it that way, or great sneakin if you so choose too, yes you have the choice, i have gta4 and mgs4 and yea their alsmot tied, but you owe it to yourself to buy mgs4, especially if your gonna be in a poll like this..aimin in mgs4 is sorta liek gta except...well more accurate IMO main diff in gta4 its how much bullets ya empty into them mgs4 its how well you you shoot and where...nothin wrong with either i jus prefer mgs4

Sorry its just not my type or i m not its type from all the videos i've seen. i buy games only with good online. Even bfbc is better than this piece of garbage. yea thats right i called it garbage.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BioShockOwnz

Pretty much explains it.

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yungswift44
[QUOTE="yungswift44"][QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"][QUOTE="ronniepage588"][QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"]

The_Goat_Azz

Sorry its just not my type or i m not its type from all the videos i've seen. i buy games only with good online. Even bfbc is better than this piece of garbage. yea thats right i called it garbage.

wait how can you say the onlien is garbage if ya never played...that s my only argument..ya just missing out , but hey do you, doesnt really affect me, i jus would rather ya dont miss out over such broken logic (logic being i never played it but i hate it)
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Polls are for suckers. Winner is MGS4 this thread is over now lolavataraang1
Don't "lol" it's true.
SoundlessComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SoundlessComic
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="avataraang1"]Polls are for suckers. Winner is MGS4 this thread is over now lolrogerjak
Don't "lol" it's true.

No wonder I found you here...
Funniest thing I've seen all week is "GTA IV sold 6 million copies in one week and MGS4 only sold 1 million" ... GTA IV did sell that many. But that's not so hard, seeing as it's multiplatform. And if you count all the consoles sold that can play GTA IV. 6 million copies is like.. nothing

I can't understand why people act like this everytime.
If your games are THAT good, why are you not playing it?
If you feel the need to defend your games there's a little somthing in the back of your mind telling you "you know, this game wasn't really THAT good. But let's just act like it so I won't look stupid" .. it's pathetic.

At least there are still some gamers out there who enjoy games for what they are instead of crying about stupid stuff like this

johnmetcalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47 johnmetcalf
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts
[QUOTE="ronniepage588"]

end of discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Reviews hold more credibility, sorry.

Poll results come from the actual gamers who buy the game.

NinjaSkills247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NinjaSkills247
Member since 2008 • 312 Posts
69th mgs4 vote. I win.
johnmetcalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 johnmetcalf
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts

At least GTA IV sold over 6 million copies in its first week and MGS 4 sold roughly one million copies in week one.From that data,it tells me that gamers like GTA more than the MGS series.There's no way MGS 4 solid can catch up to that many copies.And plus,GTA IV made history and MGS 4 didn't.So all the lengthy cutscenes were worth nothing hahaha.Since MGS is DEAD,gamers are gonna move to GTA in which Rockstar games are gonna continue making games.MGS 4 is only about shooting and sneaking,but GTA is EVERYTHING!Lets get things straight though,they're both good,but the one thing that all you people comparing these two game of the year contenders should know is,GTA took gaming AI to the next level and pretty much everything else.If you disagree then forget you,GTA did a greater impact than MGS 4.I've read all the facts people so I know what I'm saying.You should read the facts too.PSP_Believer

Sales numbers in GTA4's case is not a good way of telling how good a game is. It is multiplatform while MGS4 is PS3 exclusive.

MGS_Lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MGS_Lionheart
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
No way GTA4 can be superior to MGS4, if system selling isn't enough then lets look at the substance of the games. MGS4 has the story(sucks you in from beginning to end), replay value(All the other optional methods of beating the game i.e. no kills, alerts etc.), online(which is only starting to take shape as it's only version 1.0) and the undying support of it's fans(It gets people to go out and buy it). Now GTA4 has a ONE time story(unless you start over) that is uninteresting and worn out, no replay value (what's there to gain once you've beaten it? Hidden packages that get you weapons that could be unlocked by cheat codes?), mediocre online (cops and robbers???) and the support of only DIEHARD fans(Who still talks about GTA4? What's there to say?). I'm sure I've pointed out some good reasons if not then correct me. This is more than just preference or favorites, this is proving which game is the best and I believe that it's a good competition as both of these got good scores/ratings and have made an impact on society.