Mass Effect for PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brianharpham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 brianharpham
Member since 2005 • 146 Posts
I have hear a rumor that "Mass Effect" and a couple of Xbox 360 titles were coming to PS3. Is their any proof of this or does anyone have any links or has heard anything about this
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
its nothign more than a rumor.
Durkoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Durkoki
Member since 2007 • 353 Posts

its nothign more than a rumor.americahellyeah

Yeah, probably, but dreams can come true, so lets see Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War are all on the waiting list. lolz

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
Bioware make mass effect and Bioware are now owned by EA. People think that it might come to PS3 because EA dont make many (if any) exclusive console titles.
zeke2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zeke2040
Member since 2005 • 1575 Posts
i hate rumor...
Durkoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Durkoki
Ya, but It'll suck just like how Orange Box is under-quality compared to the 360. Unless EA takes advantage and gets passed hardware-trouble on the PS3, then we're gonna be getting a better Mass Effect! But wait, Fox will shange their headline and say that the PS3 has NEXT-GEN nudity! (compared to the 360) lolz
brianharpham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brianharpham
Member since 2005 • 146 Posts
Ok, I really hope we got Mass Effect or Lost Planet:D
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

I have hear a rumor that "Mass Effect" and a couple of Xbox 360 titles were coming to PS3. Is their any proof of this or does anyone have any links or has heard anything about thisbrianharpham

It's not really a rumor if your buddy at school told you so. That just makes it rambling.

There is no chance that Mass Effect will ever come to the PS3. Microsoft is the publisher for the series and has a contractual tie to keep it on 360. Just because EA bought Bioware does not mean they can go and break contracts.

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts

I have hear a rumor that "Mass Effect" and a couple of Xbox 360 titles were coming to PS3. Is their any proof of this or does anyone have any links or has heard anything about thisbrianharpham

Its owned by Microsoft, along with the past Halo franchise and also Gears of War....you will never see it on a different system so stop making dumb threads.

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
Ok, I really hope we got Mass Effect or Lost Planet:Dbrianharpham
We already are getting lost planet. Its coming out pretty soon i think.
Durkoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Durkoki

[QUOTE="brianharpham"]Ok, I really hope we got Mass Effect or Lost Planet:Dwhodeysay85
We already are getting lost planet. Its coming out pretty soon i think.

Yuperootie.

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts

If it doesn't have the "Microsoft Game Studios" logo on the bottom right hand corner of the box, the chances of that franchise appearing on the PS3 is pretty good.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="brianharpham"]I have hear a rumor that "Mass Effect" and a couple of Xbox 360 titles were coming to PS3. Is their any proof of this or does anyone have any links or has heard anything about thisDEWMAN08

Its owned by Microsoft, along with the past Halo franchise and also Gears of War....you will never see it on a different system so stop making dumb threads.

GeOW actually is only under contract exclusive for the second game, and i think the first one is timed contract, so since Epic got the UR3 engine up and running on PS3 i wouldn't overlook the chance of a Gears port.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
Mass Effect is not owned by Microsoft,
it's owned by Electronic Arts,
and they've never put out an exclusive in their lives,
so maybe mass effect 2 will be multiplat? I'd love to see 1 on ps3, but, I don't think it'll happen, since 1 was just before E.A bought Bioware. :cry:
mmntech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mmntech
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

E.A bought Bioware. :cry:
Andrew_Xavier

Mass Effect 2: Quest for the Wopper. Sponsored by Burger King. It's a wonder EA stays in business.

Bioware has said that Mass Effect won't be available on any other system. However, I think it will likely eventually appear on PC. Gears of War is also on PC.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] E.A bought Bioware. :cry:
mmntech

Mass Effect 2: Quest for the Wopper. Sponsored by Burger King. It's a wonder EA stays in business.

E.A releases a bunch of good titles, they released the orange box that everyone is all up about, and burnout paradise, skate, fifa 08, nhl 08, madden 08, ncaa 08s, and the simpsons game, plus, they are releasing Mercenaries 2: World In Flames, and Dead Space...good line up really, they buy the right developers.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

If it doesn't have the "Microsoft Game Studios" logo on the bottom right hand corner of the box, the chances of that franchise appearing on the PS3 is pretty good.

rockstar_88

Well that looks like a "Microsoft Game Studios" logo in the corner if I am not mistaken: LINK

MS does not "own" Mass Effect, but they DO own the publishing rights to it. Even if EA, the new owner, developed a PS3 version of the game, MS would be the ones to green light it for publishing or not. MS has an exclusive contract with Mass Effect to be the publishers. EA would be required to do some serious contract/legal wrangling to get it on any other console. Just because EA can and does publish their own games does not mean they can break a contract that Bioware made previous to being bought.

It's probably going to end up on the PC eventually. MS has no problems with moving games to the PC platform.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

"GameTrailers' Bonus Round segment has become a rather popular online series of interviews where Geoff Keighley speaks to various figures in the world of videogaming. This past episode he had analyst Michael Pachter, Newsweek's N'Gai Croal, and GameTrailers' very own Shane Satterfield.

During a discussion about the status of Microsoft's closest developers aborting ship left and right (Bungie, Bizarre, BioWare), the trio agreed that there is clearly a reason why these companies would rather create distance, or be bought out, than work exclusively for the Xbox 360.

Interestingly enough, Michael Pachter brought up an interesting point when he stated that EA didn't drop $300M on BioWare and Pandemic only to let them keep working on Xbox 360 titles. No, Pachter claims that EA very likely intends on bringing Mass Effect onto the PlayStation 3, with either a sequel, the original, or both.

N'Gai Croal then points out Epic, who is very familiar with the PlayStation 3 architecture, and goes on to state "we pretty much know that Gears of War 3 is probably gonna' come out on PS3." Yes, GOW3, and not the sequel; Microsoft holds Epic to a two-game deal, so the first two will likely remain exclusive, but Gears of War is the intellectual property of Epic Games.

So with that said, we can only hope that both predictions are spot-on, as it'd certainly stir up some emotions, on top of giving PlayStation 3 owners two fantastic franchises to experience.

http://play.tm/wire/click/1653188

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

i think bioware could make mass effect for the ps3. look here http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=607257&forum=22&sp=9 first post of chris priestly. but we'll see.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Andrew_Xavier

i think bioware could make mass effect for the ps3. look here http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=607257&forum=22&sp=9 first post of chris priestly. but we'll see.

I_AM_MEGATRON

I've read that, but, bioware never gives any real details about anything until they have at least somewhat of a release date, so, who knows, I doubt we'll see the original Mass Effect on ps3, but, a sequal isn't out of the question.

Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts

I love Mass Effect, it really is such a Great game and I want EVERYbody to play the game so I hope it does eventually come out for everyone Else to play it>>>>

Everybody would win that way - D

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="brianharpham"]I have hear a rumor that "Mass Effect" and a couple of Xbox 360 titles were coming to PS3. Is their any proof of this or does anyone have any links or has heard anything about thisDEWMAN08

Incorrect, MS doesn't own the Mass Effect ip, EA does. EA can publish the IP on any platform if they want, but does that mean we will see ME on PS3? Not neccesarily, bc MS has a contract with Bioware to be the publisher and it would take time away from bioware to port it. I can guarantee though that ME2 will be multiplatform based on EA's policy and prediction of ps3 sales. EA could find a loophole in the publishing contract with ME1 that allows them to publish the game or some kind of special edition version for ps3. Games have switched publishers before so it's entirely possible for EA to publish Mass Effect on ps3 just as Bethesda switched publishers from take2 to publishing by themselves when they released Oblivion on ps3. I bet that EA will farm ME1 out to an EA internal studio for a ps3 port or special edition just like valve (who works with EA) outsourced the ps3 version of the Orange Box to EA UK. I might even go as far as to suggest that since EA UK has experience with ps3 that EA will put them up to the task of the port, but that's all speculation. Just expect ME2 to come out on ps3 without a doubt bc EA did not pay what they did for Bioware to release exclusive titles, especially for the system that they see losing the console war. MS can't pay EA enough bc otherwise it would have been MS to sweep in to take Bioware but it wasn't
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jyoung312
[QUOTE="I_AM_MEGATRON"]

Andrew_Xavier

I've read that, but, bioware never gives any real details about anything until they have at least somewhat of a release date, so, who knows, I doubt we'll see the original Mass Effect on ps3, but, a sequal isn't out of the question.

See my post. Bioware doesn't have to be the developer to port it over. EA could farm it out to one of their studios like EA UK, the guys responsible for the Orange Box port on ps3, to port Mass Effect 1 perhaps with some extra content that EA could legitimize as a special edition and thus not subject to the publishing agreement w/ ME.
brad5553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brad5553
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts

lost plantet is already going to ps3 (which was a 360 exclusive) so why not mass effect!

i hope it comes along with gears of war 2

PSN:jamsk8er

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

Ok, I really hope we got Mass Effect or Lost Planet:Dbrianharpham

lost planet is almost out for PS3....

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jyoung312

I really don't think Bioware would take the time to port the game but I definitely think that a port is a possibility. If a port happens it won't be by bioware but with the help of an ea internal studio doing the porting work. Bioware is busy on other projects but some like EA UK could do the port work.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
[QUOTE="DEWMAN08"]

[QUOTE="brianharpham"]I have hear a rumor that "Mass Effect" and a couple of Xbox 360 titles were coming to PS3. Is their any proof of this or does anyone have any links or has heard anything about thisamericahellyeah

GeOW actually is only under contract exclusive for the second game, and i think the first one is timed contract, so since Epic got the UR3 engine up and running on PS3 i wouldn't overlook the chance of a Gears port.

BTW the Mass Effect one can happen the contract is a dud now that EA owns Bioware so now it's up to EA not Bioware on whether they want to multiplat the game there's no more exclusivity to Mass Effect and EA loves money so there is a possibility that either Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2 will make its way to the PS3. Epic only has a 2 game exclusivity with GeoW so the 3rd one could also be multiplat as well but im not sure if they'll make it multiplat.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
stop with the rumors...facts only please :?
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts
[QUOTE="DEWMAN08"]

[QUOTE="brianharpham"]I have hear a rumor that "Mass Effect" and a couple of Xbox 360 titles were coming to PS3. Is their any proof of this or does anyone have any links or has heard anything about thisjyoung312

Incorrect, MS doesn't own the Mass Effect ip, EA does. EA can publish the IP on any platform if they want, but does that mean we will see ME on PS3? Not neccesarily, bc MS has a contract with Bioware to be the publisher and it would take time away from bioware to port it. I can guarantee though that ME2 will be multiplatform based on EA's policy and prediction of ps3 sales. EA could find a loophole in the publishing contract with ME1 that allows them to publish the game or some kind of special edition version for ps3. Games have switched publishers before so it's entirely possible for EA to publish Mass Effect on ps3 just as Bethesda switched publishers from take2 to publishing by themselves when they released Oblivion on ps3. I bet that EA will farm ME1 out to an EA internal studio for a ps3 port or special edition just like valve (who works with EA) outsourced the ps3 version of the Orange Box to EA UK. I might even go as far as to suggest that since EA UK has experience with ps3 that EA will put them up to the task of the port, but that's all speculation. Just expect ME2 to come out on ps3 without a doubt bc EA did not pay what they did for Bioware to release exclusive titles, especially for the system that they see losing the console war. MS can't pay EA enough bc otherwise it would have been MS to sweep in to take Bioware but it wasn't

OK EA could find a loophole? If it were that easy do you think MS wouldnt have spotted it,would EA undermine MS? MS own the publishing rights to the Mass Effect trilogy so MS sayswere it goes or not EA can say they want to bring it to PS3 but MS can say,no

Plus what wold be the point of having just the sequel to such a story driven game?

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="mmntech"]

Durkoki

E.A releases a bunch of good titles, they released the orange box that everyone is all up about, and burnout paradise, skate, fifa 08, nhl 08, madden 08, ncaa 08s, and the simpsons game, plus, they are releasing Mercenaries 2: World In Flames, and Dead Space...good line up really, they buy the right developers.

You forgot Crysis

Crysis is out for the ps3? News to me. *looks up* Yup, still ps3 forums.

Durkoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Durkoki
[QUOTE="Durkoki"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="mmntech"]

Andrew_Xavier

You forgot Crysis

Crysis is out for the ps3? News to me. *looks up* Yup, still ps3 forums.

Oh, sorry I thought that my Crysis comment was on the line of EA, but I guess I forgot. They released Rock Band for the PS3 :D

tyg_skye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 tyg_skye
Member since 2004 • 1002 Posts
it would have been cool but i definitely doubt it
CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

hope noti like exclusives..

ps320071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ps320071
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
y do u want halo.......halo is a waste of time it sux.....
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Just rumours.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

Mass Effect was published by Microsoft. Chances are thin that it will come to the PS3. Now that EA owns Bioware, you could see ME2 & ME3 on the PS3.