Mass Effect 2 is one of the best PS3 games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Its better than Uncharted 2, its better than MGS4, has well as many other exclusives and multiplats. IMO its only beat by God of War 3 and LBP 2.

What do you say?

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

It's up there... but not on top of those... really good game, still have rooms for improvement though... they could've polished it more since it has been released for quite a while... gonna be expecting more for ME3.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I would say it's better than God of War 3 and LBP2 but not as good as Uncharted 2 and MGS4. :P I dunno tho, it is my most played game this gen... either that or MAG.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Why not compare it to something "within the genre"?

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wolfetan

Denji
I compared it with my other top 5 games... whats in its genre anyways.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Wolfetan

It's more along the lines of something like Fallout isn't it..?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="Denji"]

Denji

Nah it's a third person shooter with special powers too. Like a sci-fi Uncharted.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wolfetan

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="Denji"]

Denji

The only thing they share is guns and being and RPG. Fallout is more along the lines of a computer rpg and Mass Effect is a shooter rpg. They have different ways of picking dialogue, extremely different settings and Mass Effect has a lot of ways of attacking enemies other than shooting.
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
As much as I loved uncharted 2 (which was a lot) the single player campaign only lasts around 10 hours and while the mp is fun, it wasn't good enough to keep me hooked. I got a lot more gaming out of mass effect 2, and since different decisions can change the games outcome, there's much more replay value. Uncharted was an awesome ride, but I didn't really feel the need to play it again once it was over. And I'm not really a huge fan of mgs4. It's a great game, but pretty overrated imo. Loved god of war 3 as well but it was over too fast and like uncharted the replay value isn't as high as mass effect. It goes without saying that mass effect 2 is on my short list for favorite games of all time lol. Can't wait for 3
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Nothing can beat MGS IV 8).
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"] I compared it with my other top 5 games... whats in its genre anyways. Wolfetan

The only thing they share is guns and being and RPG. Fallout is more along the lines of a computer rpg and Mass Effect is a shooter rpg. They have different ways of picking dialogue, extremely different settings and Mass Effect has a lot of ways of attacking enemies other than shooting.

Yeah mass effect is much more action oriented and cinematic. They're very different experiences.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

It's up there... but not on top of those... really good game, still have rooms for improvement though... they could've polished it more since it has been released for quite a while... gonna be expecting more for ME3.

taplok

I'm pretty sure 3 will be alot more polished as 2 for ps3 is running on the new engine and frankly a " iron out the kinks " kind of thing. Funny how none of that is mentioned in the review :shock: yet he mentions it being a poor port, but it cant be a port if it's on a completely different engine can it ?;)

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

It's really good, but not better than MGS4 or Uncharted 2

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

I love it. I like the first one too, but I thought the second one was so much better. I should state though I played ME 1 on the 360, and ME2 on the PC. I have not tried the PS3 version.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I would say it's better than God of War 3 and LBP2 but not as good as Uncharted 2 and MGS4. :P MethodManFTW
This. Its an amazing game for sure, but I actually liked the first a lot better. The second one made a lot of changes for the worse. Anyway, I love it, but its not nearly my top pick. Not on the PS3 anyway. On the other system.... yeah. Definitely.
Antantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Antantics
Member since 2010 • 230 Posts

Its a great game defined by its story. I played through both on the 360 and I intend to pick it up when it drops price for the PS3 as I prefer playing on it.

But personally after a while the gameplay of a-b TPS each mission bar a couple did get tiresom for me. Saying that the story kept me going as its pretty immense.

One of the best on 360? hell yes!

One of the best on pc or PS3 ..close, its up in the greats but certainly not the top 5 or even 10

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
fantastic game but not the best ps3 game today for me
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
It's really good. I only played the 360 version and that was an amazing experience.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It automatically became one of the best PS3 games the moment Bioware announced the port.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

Its better than Uncharted 2, its better than MGS4, has well as many other exclusives and multiplats. IMO its only beat by God of War 3 and LBP 2.

What do you say?

Wolfetan

its up there with the very best games this gen,

slightly better than UC2 and alot better than MGS4 (which I still dont get, loved 1 2 and 3 , 4? = meh)

Termy_Aztec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Termy_Aztec
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

No way better than MGS4. The game mechanics need alot of work, and I dont really understand why they released ME2 for PS3 eventually and not the original, it just seems like a quick put together job to get more money. Yea its good because it has the extended DLC on it but it just throws thoughts into our mind whether or not ME3 will be released for PS3 also. In my opinion I dont really like the fact that the Xbox gets it months before PS3 users by this time spoilers and what not are plastered all over the internet and would be impossible to play without already knowing what the storyline and ending is.

I'm not a ME fan but can appreciate the decent RPG that it is, but I wouldn't put it as one of the best games for PS3.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

slightly better than UC2 and alot better than MGS4 (which I still dont get, loved 1 2 and 3 , 4? = meh)

gillri

I agree 100%. I really enjoyed UC and UC2, but to me ME2 is better. I also never got all the praise of MGS4. It was a good game, but no where near the godly game it is made out to be on here.

I know I've played ME2 way more times than any other game this generation.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Before you start making statements like 'Its the Best Game' you should consider that is your opinion and opinions are made from Bias views on things. Mass Effect 2 is a great game but to claim it been above Elite PS3 games is a little too early in my opinion

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#25 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I have ME2 on PC, and my only regret was that I didn't get ME1 on PC as well... currently have it on 360. For anyone who can only play it on ps3, it's worth getting. You really get sucked in to its world, and it just begs to be explored. :shock:
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
One of the best? Yes. It was already one of the best games on 360 so it already became one of the best PS3 games as soon as they announced the port. But is it THE best? No. That still goes to MGS4 in my opinion. And lol at TC for saying GoW III beats ME2.
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

Before you start making statements like 'Its the Best Game' you should consider that is your opinion and opinions are made from Bias views on things. Mass Effect 2 is a great game but to claim it been above Elite PS3 games is a little too early in my opinion

megaspiderweb09

i thik the consensus is that it is as good as PS3's elite, that has never been in question has it? hence the 95+ scores and countless GOTY awards

for me a brilliant RPG will always be better than a brilliant action adventure, stealth game, hack and slash etc etc, which is why I think its better than MGS4 and GOW3, and maybe just maybe slightly better than UC2 (although thats a very close call for me)

I tried to love MGS4 but I got game with a puny metrosexual bloke with bowel problems (why!?), a side-kick monkey that drank cola (why?), lots of my favourite characters of the series seemingly shoe-horned in there to make the fans happy, a little girl who cant make eggs whilst singing some weird song, techno-babble that was worse than MGS2, hardly any stealth, an entire level following some guy around a european city whilst whistling, Mei Ling now controls a huge ship now? (shoe-horned in again?)

the set-pieces were amazing, the action was amazing, the graphics were amazing, but I just found the whole tone of the game......well......weird, and not like MGS1 and 3 at all in its execution

I recently played MGS3 and PW again and loved it, then played MGS4 a second time, and there it was again, that weird and odd tone to the game that I couldnt get my head around

I hate myself for not liking as much as other people as its the only game everyone raves about but I dont get

Gollum_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gollum_85
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

I've got mine ordered. Can't wait to give it a go. I'm expecting great things...

gestah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gestah
Member since 2005 • 523 Posts

What do you say?

Wolfetan

It is a great Fwl@eG game, and my only reason for owning a 360 as well.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

It's good.

But not the best IMO.

MGS 4= 1 G4G PS3 game

sweetpotatofry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#31 sweetpotatofry
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

Certainly in the top tier. I'm pleasantly surprised by it, to be honest, because the only other Bioware game I've played is Dragon Age and I really disliked that one a lot. It took me a couple hours to really get into Mass Effect 2 because it just made me feel like I was missing out having not played the first one, but I'm loving it now. Fantastic world to explore, and overall just a lot of fun.

I don't think I've ever purchased two amazing games in one day like I did with ME2 and LBP2. It really is too bad that the semester has to start now...

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Creator_Of_All
Member since 2011 • 483 Posts

What do you say?

Wolfetan

Nothing beats Uncharted 2, it has not got 200 GOTY awards for nothing you know

But ME2 is great indeed, also Mass Effect 1 is amazing too, i have it on PC

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

Its was alright just like the first one it put me asleep alot great game tho hated the ending:roll:...

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

[QUOTE="gillri"]

coasterguy65

I agree 100%. I really enjoyed UC and UC2, but to me ME2 is better. I also never got all the praise of MGS4. It was a good game, but no where near the godly game it is made out to be on here.

Sorry just like you think MGS4 is overrated ME2 is way overrated saying it the best ever that ending suck bad real bad so bad I know for shore I won't buy or play the third one...

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

What do you say?

Creator_Of_All

mass effect 2 probably has just as many goty awards.
AntoineCoyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AntoineCoyote
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
Half Life 2 is one of the best PS3 games as well. See what I did thar?
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wolfetan
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]One of the best? Yes. It was already one of the best games on 360 so it already became one of the best PS3 games as soon as they announced the port. But is it THE best? No. That still goes to MGS4 in my opinion. And lol at TC for saying GoW III beats ME2.

Yea my opinion is very screwy, just look at what everyone else has said. Im not big on guns, and gameplay is much more important to me than anything and I love boss battles, something Uncharted lacks. Uncharted was frustarating at moments, the shooting could be better, and Ive never have played any other MGS so MGS4 was like wait whats going on. LBP has a lot of value to me (reason I got into gaming and a PS3). I also love biotics in ME 2. I have my reasons.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wolfetan
[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

What do you say?

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

mass effect 2 probably has just as many goty awards.

Nope. It got about half.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Haven't played the PS3 version, but I'm going to say definitely because Mass Effect is awesome on everything else.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

It's on up there among the best.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm around 10 hours into the game and really enjoying it, however at least at this point in time - I don't find it more enjoyable as MGS4 and Uncharted 2 for example.

It's very, very good game nevertheless.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="gillri"]

jay_rock_

Sorry just like you think MGS4 is overrated ME2 is way overrated saying it the best ever that ending suck bad real bad so bad I know for shore I won't buy or play the third one...

I really don't understand what sucked about ME2's ending. Seemed to make total sense to me...did all your crew die or something and you couldn't understand why?

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is that no game (MGS4) that spends a good third of the game with cut scenes trying to explain the things that don't make sense through the whole game cannot be a great game.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I only played the demo. I found the shooting mechanics kind of boring. I didn't like the item or power wheel for selecting things. Granted, RPG's can't be rated on Demos, but from what i have played, it just is not my thing.