making the PS STORE better?????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thadragon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 thadragon23
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts

wat can be done to make the PS store better..now i am a fan of xbox and ps3 so i am not taking sides but xbox does have a better marketplace so wat can sony do to make it better??i think we need demos sooner and more content like maybe in the near future some themes or avatars or just something else..wats ur take on it??

loggerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 loggerz
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
more PS1 classic games ^-^.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

It needs a visual makeover, it looks like someone designed the PS Store with a crayola. They also need way more content other than what's currently being offered....it'd be nice if more demos would start to flow in from Sony since 3rd party developers aren't releasing many.

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
easier user interface and more content. Its too cumbersome it feels like an old internet browser not a next gen download service.
Avatar image for XPrivateRyan22X
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 XPrivateRyan22X
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

wat can be done to make the PS store better..now i am a fan of xbox and ps3 so i am not taking sides but xbox does have a better marketplace so wat can sony do to make it better??i think we need demos sooner and more content like maybe in the near future some themes or avatars or just something else..wats ur take on it??

thadragon23

Well I don't know if you owned an xbox 360 at this stage in its life you like me, you could see that the market place was about as empty as ps3 store. Its just a matter of time, by the way demos are up to the game developers to make for the ps3 store, either way I do think sony could do something to make developers produce some more demos. Also one more thing that I think should have been done about warhawk is that the so called public beta should be available to however got invited but there should had been a Playstation store demo available with just one map for everyone to play. I really think Demos are the key to selling games after playing motorstorm demo I was hooked and I had to have it, as well as ninja gaiden. We need demos before the game comes out.

PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts
Sony owns many music co, movies Tristar and Columbia, and work with others, they own to rights to certain TV shows why not put those up for download in DVD or Blu Ray format
loggerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 loggerz
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts

Sony owns many music co, movies Tristar and Columbia, and work with others, they own to rights to certain TV shows why not put those up for download in DVD or Blu Ray formatPeterTimpa

That's a great idea man :>

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts

[QUOTE="PeterTimpa"]Sony owns many music co, movies Tristar and Columbia, and work with others, they own to rights to certain TV shows why not put those up for download in DVD or Blu Ray formatloggerz

Why would you want to download in DVD or BD format?  DVDs are 9GB Blu-Ray a hell of a lot more than that.  The PS3 supports H.264 video so give me small high quality H.264 video downloads.  :)
Not sure about the quality of H.264?  Check out http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/.

As for the store itself it needs an interface make over and an easy to access back button from the controller itself.
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts

[QUOTE="PeterTimpa"]Sony owns many music co, movies Tristar and Columbia, and work with others, they own to rights to certain TV shows why not put those up for download in DVD or Blu Ray formatloggerz

thanks

I am really hoping Sony will do this.MS already has some of this stuff but Sony could do more since they are in the market of every form of entertainment, and electronics known to man well almost all of them. Picture Sony teaming up wit ABC, Fox, HBO, etc.. to get some of your fav shows on your hard drive then sync them to your PSP or iPOD

jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

Sony owns many music co, movies Tristar and Columbia, and work with others, they own to rights to certain TV shows why not put those up for download in DVD or Blu Ray formatPeterTimpa

Good thinking Tony...

9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

thadragon23

well the 360 didnt have anything when it first came out, so it was the same as how the plastation network is now so give it time

junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
they need it to look sexier and have it way more organized. Also, they need more content and developer assistance because we're not getting demos like dirt or blacksite area 51. Sony needs to give those kits out for PSN.. But hey, XBL was like this when it was 5 months in 360.
NYCPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 NYCPrincess
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
The store is going to be on the crappy level for now, but by the end of this year (Hopefully) we'll see a big change in the stores appearance and features.
VampiraJen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 VampiraJen
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

better navigation wouldn't go amiss, it feels clunky and badlt structured on some pages, like the buttons are in the wrong places.

in terms of content, it's gotten off to a slow start. more demos for upcoming games would be great.

coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts
not only demos of 60 games. But demos of the downloadable games too.
jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts
I want more demos