MAG- Sound amazing, but .....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
I applaud the developers for trying to recreate a real war type feel, with 256 people at once, that sounds nuts btw, but shouldn't this be a NO-RESPAWN game ? Or at least have the option for that. That many heads respawning sounds dumb. Zipper did the socoms, and they had it, so i woul think mag should have it too. Your thoughts ?
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
I applaud the developers for trying to recreate a real war type feel, with 256 people at once, that sounds nuts btw, but shouldn't this be a NO-RESPAWN game ? Or at least have the option for that. That many heads respawning sounds dumb. Zipper did the socoms, and they had it, so i woul think mag should have it too. Your thoughts ?bussinrounds
sure you go do that and be dead first and wait for the other 255 people to die and have fun waiting a very long time.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Yeah, imagine waiting for 255 other players to die... that's ridiculous.

PvtGump8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PvtGump8
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

Yeah, imagine waiting for 255 other players to die... that's ridiculous.

Scianix-Black

Yep, that would suck.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
You spawn in waves. Like every 30 seconds or something.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I still am not sure about this game. I damn sure don't want to wait for 255 people to die before I can respawn.
popdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 popdude
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts

duckman's right, from the interview on the blog they said "if the leader gets killed then they'll be back at the next respawn."

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bussinrounds
Lol, thats true. Mabye they could have smaller no-respawn matches. They're so much more intense and realistic. People just run around like idiots when they know there's no real penalty for dying, they're just gonna spawn back up anyways. And no, dont tell me to get socom, that game sucks.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

So are you comparing this to Call of Duty's Search & Destroy?

Because I truly agree with you... I'm addicted to S&D, both regular and hardcore.

417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
Maybe when you die you would earn points and the chance to watch or quit...(Score not affected) Good idea?
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
Maybe when you die you would earn points and the chance to watch or quit...(Score not affected) Good idea?417alum
yep, also maybe a death limit? like 5 lives or somethin...
417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
[QUOTE="417alum"]Maybe when you die you would earn points and the chance to watch or quit...(Score not affected) Good idea?donmega1
yep, also maybe a death limit? like 5 lives or somethin...

Eh....That would make a long game...My idea is perfect because you would die, but have the chance to join another game. Yet if your friends were playing with you, then you could watch them in the match. I like my idea better :P Yet yours is good too ;)
RobisGodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RobisGodly
Member since 2009 • 272 Posts

Zipper knows what they're doing. You can't have no respawns because that'll be retarded. The nubs will just run in and die and then quit when they have to wait for over 100 people to die.

It probably won't be instant spawn and if it is, who cares.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Zipper pioneered SOCOM, so this will be no different.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Maybe have punishment for each death you have? Like every 3 deaths you have to wait for waves instead of one so that equals 1 minute. Another 3 deaths you have to wait one more wave, so you have to wait 1:30 minutes. And it goes on on until the game is over.
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
I assume it will be a 5 to 10 second re spawn when you die, that way the battle will go smoothly and give each side an advantage whether your guarding a fortress or your working as a team to take over. I'm sure there will be a time limit for X team to take over and secure the area of Z team. I'm sure there will be a match where there is not re spawn, but on another server; such as, 64 vs 64 or even less. If im correct isn't the 128 vs 128 the main server while a bunch of smaller matches are going on or every server will try and fill 128 vs 128??
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bussinrounds
Operation Flashpoint sounds and looks much better, imo. If the gameplay delivers, this game will be a monster. Unlike farcry, which looked and sounded good too, but played like s**t.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Lol, thats true. Mabye they could have smaller no-respawn matches. They're so much more intense and realistic. People just run around like idiots when they know there's no real penalty for dying, they're just gonna spawn back up anyways. And no, dont tell me to get socom, that game sucks.bussinrounds
It seems like the penalty for running around like an idiot will result in you losing strategic points which become spawn points. So playing smart will help prevent that from happening.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]I applaud the developers for trying to recreate a real war type feel, with 256 people at once, that sounds nuts btw, but shouldn't this be a NO-RESPAWN game ? Or at least have the option for that. That many heads respawning sounds dumb. Zipper did the socoms, and they had it, so i woul think mag should have it too. Your thoughts ?river_rat3117
sure you go do that and be dead first and wait for the other 255 people to die and have fun waiting a very long time.

Took the words right from me TC obviously didn't think he post through.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Maybe have punishment for each death you have? Like every 3 deaths you have to wait for waves instead of one so that equals 1 minute. Another 3 deaths you have to wait one more wave, so you have to wait 1:30 minutes. And it goes on on until the game is over. idk761
I would not buy that game if it was like you guys are thinking I want to die then respwan within 30 secs or its a no buy for me.
Stormer77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stormer77
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Well, we know from the E3 demo that MAG has respawning, but in waves at certain captured points, and I don't think that there is a respawn point for the ATTACKING team until the first point is captured, but correct me if I'm wrong.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bussinrounds
Operation Flashpoint is the shooter on my radar now. Idk why Ofp isn't getting more hype. Mabye because it's gonna appeal to more of an older age group ? It looks way more gritty and realistic than anything, besides Arma 2 on pc. I'm looking foward to playing hardcore mode on co-op campaign, with 3 of my buddies. If the gameplay delivers, this game gonna be a monster. Anyone interested, check out info on the codemasters Ofp site. I'm really hoping this game is gonna be raw. Not like farcry 2, which looked and sounded good, but played like a pile of s**t. I hate getting my hopes too high for games and getting let down though.
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]Operation Flashpoint is the shooter on my radar now. Idk why Ofp isn't getting more hype. Mabye because it's gonna appeal to more of an older age group ? It looks way more gritty and realistic than anything, besides Arma 2 on pc. I'm looking foward to playing hardcore mode on co-op campaign, with 3 of my buddies. If the gameplay delivers, this game gonna be a monster. Anyone interested, check out info on the codemasters Ofp site. I'm really hoping this game is gonna be raw. Not like farcry 2, which looked and sounded good, but played like a pile of s**t. I hate getting my hopes too high for games and getting let down though.

Operation Flashpoint is really good on the PC, any computer can run it, and if you have a high end one. You proably get 100+ troops fighting eachother. Epic battles, there is an ingame map editor so you can add as many troops as your computer can handel. Pick up this game, it is only $10 --->$5 Not much of an online community anymore but the map editor is great.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

I applaud the developers for trying to recreate a real war type feel, with 256 people at once, that sounds nuts btw, but shouldn't this be a NO-RESPAWN game ? Or at least have the option for that. That many heads respawning sounds dumb. Zipper did the socoms, and they had it, so i woul think mag should have it too. Your thoughts ?bussinrounds

Non respawn? That is a joke. With huge maps and battles, such a thing would take forever. Sure it adds realism and is taken from the whole Socom thing but look at the downside. If it were a non respawn, people would just camp. Camping is pretty bad in games as it is.. Not to mention the fact that MAG has huge maps.. That would make it even worse.

Im sure the option is going to be in there, but non respawn is really no fun. The only time I can really see that being used is during clan games or something. Regular jo shmoes will probably play the respawn anyways..

gtyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gtyu
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

You spawn in waves. Like every 30 seconds or something.Duckman5
yeah i think that's what gonna happen

rahul_rul210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rahul_rul210
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts
ok let's say it's your first time playing and you die frequenty cuz you are new you will just get sick of waiting for 255 players to die
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bussinrounds
I meant Operation Flashpoint 2 : Dragon Rising. Isn't the first op from like 10 years ago ? I think mag is gonna be too chaotic anyways, with THAT many ppl running around, unless the map is truly massive.