This topic is locked from further discussion.

CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CZVA
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

Sorry for the controversial title. But anyone agree with me on these points? No need for troll accusations. These are just my thoughts on the game.

- PS3 launch title graphics

- Cluttered interface

- TERRIBLE animations

- 256 player gimmick

- Lack of maps

- OK map design

- Very ugly fonts (Times New Roman)

- Overhyped and overrated

- Team balance wasnt taken into account

- Overall just a very ugly and Alpha (not Beta) looking game.

- Bad Company 2 will urinate into the open mouth of MAG

Oh yeah. And what do you guys think of BC2? I know you guys have played the demo.

sandyxpcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sandyxpcn
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Graphic whores and 12 years olds all hate this game.
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
haha. All of your points are stupid. Doesn't even seem like you've played the game. I've played the BFBC2 demo and though it was the worst fps i've played in a long time. MAG will outlast BF..mark my words.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Bad Company 2 will urinate into the open mouth of MAGCZVA
lol. gawd. I only agree with that point. All your criticism is about the 'bad' graphics except the supposed lack of maps. Well you can't have triple A graphics in a 256 player game. And who cares about graphics. It's gameplay that matters.
king871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 king871
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

this game reminds me of enemy territory quake wars. the animations gameplay graphics everything just plays exactly like it

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I rented MAG and haven't even bought it yet, so I feel I can give an unbiased review. MAG is miles better than Bad Company 1, and more than holds it's own against Modern Warfare 2. The 256 player maps are hardly a gimmick, it literally makes the game.

Graphically it is a notch below Modern Warfare. But Modern Warfare also sacrifices alot of animations in it's multilayer (compared to it's single player). If you compare multiplayer vs. multiplayer the graphics are much closer. Also of course you have to factor in there are more than 10 times the # of players in MAG. 256 player vs. 18 players. As far as "not having enough maps", how many do you think Bad Company 2 will have??? About 5 or 6 probably. In other words, about the same.

In the end MAG is a great game. I would say the PC version of Bad Company 2 will be MILES better (unfortunately my PC sucks at the moment). But on console it's not so clear. On the one hand you have the destructible environments and better vehicle/combat controls of Bad Company. On the other hand it's 256 players vs. 24 players. On console there are times in Bad Company where the maps feel a little "empty" due to the combination of map scale and the # of players. That almost never happened in MAG. I am sticking with m Bad Company 2 pre-order because of the $20 credit from Amazon. However, I'm pretty sure when I'm done with that game I'll be trading it in for MAG. MAG is a great PS3 shooter.

sandyxpcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sandyxpcn
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

MW2 features a player, MAG features a team, BC2 is in between. People who play all three games know what I'm talking about

If you want a killing oriented game, go with MW2

If you want an objective oriented game, go with MAG

If you want a little of both, go with BC2

People who consider buying MAG need to understand that it is not a generic shooter with simply more people. The key feature of MAG is Squad/Patoon/Company based and objective oriented TEAM play

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

this game reminds me of enemy territory quake wars. the animations gameplay graphics everything just plays exactly like it

king871

i actually liked enemy territory quake wars more than mag. i like mag but im having stats not counting problems and the tkrs are ridiculous in mag.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
i disagree with all your points, but its not worth going into detail.