Madden 08 & AP Football 2k8

This topic is locked from further discussion.

magikmark84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 magikmark84
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
Ok, so we have two football games coming our way, which one do you think is going to be the best option to buy for PS3? and why? I wasnt too happy with madden 07 although ti wasnt too bad, but i might get all-pro football 2k8, because of the fact they create very good games such as NBA 2k7 :-)
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
2k8 has a shot at really pulling off a coup.  They nearly did with their $20 price point with 2k5, but they're in a unique position at this point.  EA is currently ruining it's chances at maintaining market share by releasing back to back to back subpar products.  2K Sports knows there's an opportunity here and they're going to seize it.  If they sit down and produce a top notch football game that delivers a quality, exciting, new football experience then they'll have a real shot at taking on Madden.  There are a lot of people upset with EA and it's not going to take much for people to jump ship when there's another boat around.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
I think madden will be good because of the compition.  Madden always makes an above average - great game under pressure.
Avatar image for -_Aceofspades_-
-_Aceofspades_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -_Aceofspades_-
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
i have always been a trusty gamer of EA up until this year. I don't know what happened, but 07 wasn't as good as prior years.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
In the end their both American football games ... they will be preety simaliar so i think Madden will win in sales due to brand name ...

Yet 2k8 will be the better game ...
bgj887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bgj887
Member since 2003 • 643 Posts
i'm pretty sure that all pro 2k8 will be 10x better than madden but i think more people will get prefer madden cuz it'll have nfl rosters
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

For many years now I have been a straight EA sports game player.  Nothing else.  When the first 2K football came out, I thought it was trash.  The flow of play is way different and left much to be desired.  Yes, they were smart on pricing.  And, yes, some guys were into it because of some of the differences.  I thought it was crap.  ANd I thought all releases since have been crap wanna-be's.

Now Madden has the NFL on lock-down.  They have sole rights to player names and such. I know its just names but that's half of the fun.  Its fun pretending that your in the league.  Isn't that why we play these games, to pretend, to escape?  College football annoys me the same way.  Until the NFL works with 2K, I have no interest in 2K.

EA will step up.  There's a reason the NFL went to straight Madden.  Its because EA created today's football video game.  They were the pioneers of this thing.  Sometimes they fall, yes they certainly do.  But they always get back up.  I remember the first EA games on PS1 and PS2.  They were far below what they later created for those systems.  They'll figure the new technology out and, BAM, you got yourself a kickass game.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dubvisions
In the end their both American football games ... they will be preety simaliar so i think Madden will win in sales due to brand name ...

Yet 2k8 will be the better game ... choasgod
I don't think that anyone who calls it "American Football" should be posting any opinion on this subject. You're obviosly not American and probably not even an "American football" fan. When we discuss the next World Cup, we'll let you know.
needlesmcgirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needlesmcgirk
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get 2k8. I am so tired of being messed around with by EA and their terrible Madden games. They have been screwing all the fans over since they have the exclusice license, and ever since the Madden games have been trash.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

For many years now I have been a straight EA sports game player.  Nothing else.  When the first 2K football came out, I thought it was trash.  The flow of play is way different and left much to be desired.  Yes, they were smart on pricing.  And, yes, some guys were into it because of some of the differences.  I thought it was crap.  ANd I thought all releases since have been crap wanna-be's.

Now Madden has the NFL on lock-down.  They have sole rights to player names and such. I know its just names but that's half of the fun.  Its fun pretending that your in the league.  Isn't that why we play these games, to pretend, to escape?  College football annoys me the same way.  Until the NFL works with 2K, I have no interest in 2K.

EA will step up.  There's a reason the NFL went to straight Madden.  Its because EA created today's football video game.  They were the pioneers of this thing.  Sometimes they fall, yes they certainly do.  But they always get back up.  I remember the first EA games on PS1 and PS2.  They were far below what they later created for those systems.  They'll figure the new technology out and, BAM, you got yourself a kickass game.

dubvisions
Ever heard of a little game called Tecmo Bowl...that was a football game...EA has done very little for the game of football since the have aquired the NFL license...the took away a semi-realistic broadcast and filled it with a bogus Radio announcer....they added lead blocker? Great...they still cant figure out pass interference...they are begining to get a hang on gang tackles...they still look really awkward at times...and still have unrealistic player movements...I can still turn on a dime..and they still do not have realistic collisions...I have seen QBs and RBs standing straight up moving foward / floating...past defenders...if you run into a player you either fall or are knocked around..but in Madden you sometimes gravitate by...Madden is good in its own right but the reason the NFL went with EA has nothing to do with the quality of the game...and everything to do with the amount of money they ponied up to get the license...money talks... As far as these two games are concerned...if they are different enough...I will own both...sadly I only have Madden to play if I want real NFL football teams....
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="jwat4"] Ever heard of a little game called Tecmo Bowl...that was a football game

God I love that game!
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
i dont think having the nfl rosters is really going to matter anymore, madden has the license but putting out crappy games now.. plus 2k8 developers can keep the stats for all the nfl players like they would be and you know one of those sites that edits all the names for like NCAA rosters and stuff will do this game as well land then bam you have nfl player names stats and now a better game than madden. I cant wait i have been a madden fan along time and though 2k was good but still wanted madden now they are just putting out crap becuause they know they can when you have a full year to put in the same ideas that are in the ps2 version and still dont and charge 10$ more you are just cheating me IMO...
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Depends on if your a football person or an nfl person... If you really enjoy just the game of football your definately going to enjoy All-Pro Football 2k8.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

As a fan of football, I enjoy having the actual rosters.  I just don't get into the game as much with "fake" players, and it really takes away from the simulation aspect.  Intercepting a ball as Champ Bailey is just way better than with some non-existant nobody. 

However, I do hope that with this newfound competition EA steps up their game a bit.

ramee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ramee321
Member since 2006 • 1240 Posts
i thought ea bought the nfl license doesnt this mean no NFL teams or players in all pro football??? if soo than madden will win by far LOOK OUT FOR A GREAT IMPROVMENT cuz now ea has no excuse for a bad game IE no compition
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Im looking forward for madden more.
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dubvisions
[QUOTE="jwat4"]Ever heard of a little game called Tecmo Bowl...that was a football game...EA has done very little for the game of football since the have aquired the NFL license...the took away a semi-realistic broadcast and filled it with a bogus Radio announcer....they added lead blocker? Great...they still cant figure out pass interference...they are begining to get a hang on gang tackles...they still look really awkward at times...and still have unrealistic player movements...I can still turn on a dime..and they still do not have realistic collisions...I have seen QBs and RBs standing straight up moving foward / floating...past defenders...if you run into a player you either fall or are knocked around..but in Madden you sometimes gravitate by...Madden is good in its own right but the reason the NFL went with EA has nothing to do with the quality of the game...and everything to do with the amount of money they ponied up to get the license...money talks... As far as these two games are concerned...if they are different enough...I will own both...sadly I only have Madden to play if I want real NFL football teams....

Listen, don't talk to me like I'm new to this. I played Tecmo for many years. And guess what, it sucked. At least in retrospect. Your defensive play choices were the same four plays the offense had. Madden did the most for football video games. That's all I was saying about the series and EA. You are sooooo right on the errors in the game. I can't stand the radio announcer and the lack of pass interference calls. But it will come back, they always do. Don't forget hoe EA got that big house of theirs. It wasn't from subpar games.