lost trophies after sending in ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Links24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#1 Links24
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

so i just got my ps3 back from sony and i got my account and such on the new harddrive but a couple of my killzone dlc trophies are missing is there a way i can get them back? i tried putting in the system and playing for a little bit but still nothing and i tried syncing so i dont know whats the problem is so help would be nice. thanks

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
its ok.. you'll get them again.. trophies are meaningless anyway ;) its not uncommon to lose DLC trophies when switching to a new system or HDD... they might come back, they might not..
Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

Yeah my Cousing lost his Mad Moxxi and Armory of genreal knoxx trohies. a few came back.

Links24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Links24

well when will they come back? cause it took some time to get the trophies and i dont want to go through that time again if they are gonna come back soon

Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

well when will they come back? cause it took some time to get the trophies and i dont want to go through that time again if they are gonna come back soon

Links24
5 i think came in a day the the other 3 in about 2 weeks an thats it
Links24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Links24

now how do they come just by syncing everyday or playing the game?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Pretty sure you would have to play the game for any trophy that wasn't "synced" prior to the PS3 failure.

For it to be awarded by "playing the game" it would really depend on the coding of the trophy by particular game. I would think most of the time you'd actually need to DO the same action again. But you might not necessarily need to grind the whole thing out again. For example if you had a trophy that required 10000 kills online, and it disappeared, it might appear again even if the kill you got when you got your PS3 back was # 10024. Because kills are probably stored at an online server it would probably just test for >10000 and award the trophy on the next kill. Simiilarly if you had a trophy for beating the game on hard, you might just need to reload the last mission and do that again. But if your save file is gone then you are screwed and you'd need to play the whole game again.

Hopefully that explanation makes sense.

Links24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Links24

well i just tried an online match for a little bit with bots since thats a way to get the trophies and i didnt get anything so i guess im gonna have to do it all again

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Trophies are so boring anyways, I wish they came out with a better Achievement system.
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

so i just got my ps3 back from sony and i got my account and such on the new harddrive but a couple of my killzone dlc trophies are missing is there a way i can get them back? i tried putting in the system and playing for a little bit but still nothing and i tried syncing so i dont know whats the problem is so help would be nice. thanks

Links24

Had you synched them before you sent the PS3 to Sony to be fixed? If not you'll need to re aquire them. Even hard drive backups don't backup trophies. You probably already did that but I wanted to eliminate that possibility

Links24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Links24

well one thing i noticed is i still have the new uncharted 2 trophies i got after i got the trophies for killzone so its weird that i still have those but they take away some of my killzone trophies