Lost PS3 Network password. big trouble

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxHammerFallxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 XxHammerFallxX
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
I totally forgot my PS3 network password. And then I went to forgot password and I forgot what I put for my security answer. Am I screwed??
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
The password must have a letter and a number and I think is atleast six characters long.
XxHammerFallxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxHammerFallxX

Yes I know that. But I had forgotten it ENTIRELY.

And its ok. I had to call SONY in and they reset my password for me. sry for troubling the forums lol

Windblade91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Windblade91
Member since 2006 • 4343 Posts
in the future i suggest u hit auto sign-in. much easier and for me well i try and keep my passwords similar if not the same so i dont have 50 different passwords.
XxHammerFallxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XxHammerFallxX

in the future i suggest u hit auto sign-in. much easier and for me well i try and keep my passwords similar if not the same so i dont have 50 different passwords.Windblade91

okay and i did that. lol no offense but u morons dont read and comprehend what i was saying before. seriously, no offense. I said I forgot my password. It was already stored in the ps3. But I needed to change some info. Which it wasnt letting me do so. Problem fixed now

Gorillawannabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gorillawannabe
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
this all happened to me i forgot my password then i forgot my date of birth i put in and older date than what it actually is! so do i just phone up sony and ask it to be reset? if so whats the number thank you
Gorillawannabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gorillawannabe
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
this all happened to me i forgot my password then i forgot my date of birth i put in and older date than what it actually is!
so do i just phone up sony and ask it to be reset?
if so whats the number thank you
AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AaronHullLfc
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts

[QUOTE="Windblade91"]in the future i suggest u hit auto sign-in. much easier and for me well i try and keep my passwords similar if not the same so i dont have 50 different passwords.XxHammerFallxX

okay and i did that. lol no offense but u morons dont read and comprehend what i was saying before. seriously, no offense. I said I forgot my password. It was already stored in the ps3. But I needed to change some info. Which it wasnt letting me do so. Problem fixed now

They try to help you yet you call them morons... nice one

I'm watching you! :|

coolin_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 coolin_PS3
Member since 2009 • 225 Posts

I have this problem now. I put fake info in but selected remember password and auto sign in so had no worries for 1 1/2 years but my ps3 got the yellow line of death so Sony is sending me a new ps3 so now i don't know my password or security question. If i ring Sony can they help? that would be great.

mattii11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattii11
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Yeah! But i lost my account too coz i accidentally putted it off. I was like :shock:

jake_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jake_killer
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
hey i forget my dob and password for my account does anyone know how i can fix this/??
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts
Auto log in is your friend.
jake_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jake_killer
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
yeh i know but how can i retrieve my dob and password
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Wow i did it myself so don't worry, i took it for granted that i'd be signed in automatically on every bootup, so when i sold my ps3 and bought the slim i thought "Oh no..." and had to dig deep to get the right password...
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
yeh i know but how can i retrieve my dob and passwordjake_killer
You don't know your dob?!?! Oh dear whats this world coming too. You should try logging into the website and if you manage to hit the right password you can them check your personal details and get your fake dob.
wowslively

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wowslively
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
ok i just bought my ps3 used and i want to access the account info on it to change everything but alas it ask me for a password when i click either name address email etc.. how can i change this and not lose the music and different media themes and such thats on it that i like
lmays11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lmays11
Ya I put in a different birthday and forgot what i put so i called sony by 800-345-7669 of 800-345-SONY and I told the dude all that and he said they would reset it in 2-3 days and its been 2 days and havent heard from them yet:( I really hope he even tried to reset it.
lmays11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lmays11
Ya call 800-345-7669. PS. You might get an Indian person. I got one five times.
lmays11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lmays11
Call sony at 800-345-7669 and ask them to reset your password for your ps3 and tell them you put in a fake birth day and you might get a lecture or something, but if they say they cant help you just call back and you will get another person.
The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts

In the future I suggest you write down your Login ID and Password inside your user Manual, It has saved me from many headaches

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

[QUOTE="Windblade91"]in the future i suggest u hit auto sign-in. much easier and for me well i try and keep my passwords similar if not the same so i dont have 50 different passwords.XxHammerFallxX

How are you gonna call anyone a moron when your asking for help? :( Besides, you can't even remember the answer to some securty question let alone your password.

vollfreak16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vollfreak16
Can someone help me?? My PS3 has YLOD (Yellow light of death) and I dont know the password or Date of birth for my PSN. I have way to much work in this account to let it go away! What should I do???