Lost interest in Final Fantasy XV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iHave2Fart
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts

Seriously, 10 years in development, very little news, too many setbacks, too many delays, and still no word of when we can expect it to be released. I'm done caring. It's just ridiculous to be so hyped for what could be one of the greatest Final Fantasy titles - hell one of the greatest GAMES - of all time, and there's just... nothing. little news, and no expected release window. Well, I don't give a crap anymore. There are many other games to play and others coming out in the next year or so. Final Fantasy XV will just be another 10 years and even then, it still won't be ready for release.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

good chance to see something about FFXV at TGS in september

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Sqaure have not made a decent final fantasy in the last 10 years, there not going to start now.

Ignore any hype is probabily not worth it.

If you like rpg games, sqaure enix are not the company. That make good ones

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#5 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

The game does look great from what we have seen, but you're right. It's hard to still be excited about it.

Same thing for The Last Guardian.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

ff15 is an action game think that Code of Cerberus stuff aka not even an RPG

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Notorious1234NA

Its an Action RPG.... Not an Action Game... Not by a long shot.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i hope coming next year but square enix its not trust developers

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Notorious1234NA

@Lulu_Lulu: isnt the gameplay like Kingdom hearts or Star Ocean?

If so think its more actiony

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@Notorious1234NA

Wether its more "Actiony" or Not its still an RPG all the same.

What you're complaining about is "Abstraction"... Not Role Playing.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Notorious1234NA

@Lulu_Lulu: not complaining tbh hate RPGs, but OP been a fan of FF for 10 years or more I'm guessing. That means he wants the traditional RPG experience which 15 is not.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

@Notorious1234NA

Yeah I never got the appeal behind those old combat systems.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

@thehig1 said:

Sqaure have not made a decent final fantasy in the last 10 years, there not going to start now.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is actually a really really good game! I'm having tons of fun with it right now.
Though I agree that their traditional FF games haven't been all that good lately...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thehig1

@TheFlush said:

@thehig1 said:

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is actually a really really good game! I'm having tons of fun with it right now.

Though I agree that their traditional FF games haven't been all that good lately...

I cant comment on the MMO games as I dont play them, I heard even 11 was not a bad game. However their traditional games have been bad for a while.

Other game studios are making much better RPG games, Divinity Original Sin is a recent example.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Notorious1234NA

@thehig1: not an MMO

MMO chasing F2P money now so yeah don't get into it cmon PS4 make a game I want.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thehig1

@notorious1234na: it is, well to be exact its MMORPG

MMO, RPG

MMORPG

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

and the fact that the game was meant to be the versus game as well and just changed the name, not being funny but I think I've just lost interest in Final Fantasy all together, the fact 7 is still the best final fantasy game made to date (the ones before it were good but i think 7 just got it pitch perfect) and now were up to 15 and all they seem to be able to do is rehash newer characters, I mean FF7 characters were probably the best developed characters ever and yet there stuck on making 11.2, 13.5 whatever lightining returns i mean come on, 7 had the most continuous story lines ever and yet they have just gone with rubbish, i give up on them now.

Kiba---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kiba---
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I don't understand why so many gamers are incapable of adapting to knew battle systems. Personally, I care more about the stories in games, and since I first played Star Ocean on the PS1 I stopped caring about the battle systems since that was so much different than what I'd been used to, and I loved it. Same with the FF games everyone's always hating on. I thought 12 was a fantastic game, and enjoyed all 3 of the FF13 titles. When you complain so much about one aspect of something, you miss out on so much more. Granted a 'battle system' is something you use all the time, but that being said, you should be able to get used to it and find things you like about it.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#19 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'm actually looking forward to Final Fantasy XV. I actually welcome the changes to combat to the action-oriented style we saw in the reveal trailers. I just hope the story is better written this time around than the 13 trilogy was, because so far that's the ONLY FF game that's disappointed me story-wise.

Vivamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Vivamp
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

Yeah they have dragged this out for far too long, and on top of that they taking a risk with the gameplay style, if it sucks i am gonna be sooo disapointed., but i almost expect it to.

Kiba---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kiba---
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@mastermetal777: I agree with you on FF13's story. It wasn't that great, and at times hard to follow/"get in to". Still enjoyed the game overall, even without being a huge fan of the lightning vs the world idea. I do prefer the more traditional 'party' system as well. Still, it was a good enough game to continue through to the end of the trilogy, and am looking forward to trying out what FF15 has to offer. The graphics and unusual fighting style are intriguing enough to make me want to play it. People need to stop thinking of FF as being a turn based rpg and just enjoy it for what it is with each new game. If it wasn't FF I'm sure a lot of these people complaining would jump at the game because of how it looks.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I love FF even the 13 trilogy and was really looking forward to XV but the trailer has really put me off. It looks like it's all about frantic action i.e. constant button mashing which is just boring.

I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to bear some resemblance to the FF series outside of the artwork.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#23 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@blueinheaven: I think they're going the direction of Final Fantasy Type-0, which was a Japan-only PSP game that's getting remastered for the PS4 and Xbox One. If you look at that game and its incredibly deep action-RPG gameplay, I think FF15 will be like that with a little Kingdom Hearts thrown in.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blueinheaven

@mastermetal777 said:

@blueinheaven: I think they're going the direction of Final Fantasy Type-0, which was a Japan-only PSP game that's getting remastered for the PS4 and Xbox One. If you look at that game and its incredibly deep action-RPG gameplay, I think FF15 will be like that with a little Kingdom Hearts thrown in.

Thanks for the info but that's not good news to me. I have indeed seen Type 0 and it looks like an arcade action game to me with RPG undertones which doesn't appeal much. I don't expect them to ever revert to turn based or anything like it but some kind of strategic combat would be welcome.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@blueinheaven

Are you saying theres no strategy in Action games ?

cwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#26 cwalk
Member since 2003 • 620 Posts

I too lost interest in Final Fantasy a long time ago, since X. I can't say anything about the MMO FFs cause I haven't played them, but to me, they made the games too linear for me. Now I know most, if not all, FFs are fairly linear, but you used to have an overworld where you could actually go exploring and doing side quests. FF VI - FF IX did this very well. My favorite is a toss up between VI and VII because of the outstanding characters and the excellent stories as well as side quests (fighting the weapons from VII were some of the hardest bosses, especially Emerald). IX was probably my last favorite FF because the gameplay had the perfect balance between the old and the new. It had the more modern feel from VII and the old characters and mechanics from FF I to IV and peaked at VI. After X though, the "feel" of the game changed dramatically, it was still turn-based, but no overworld, only equipping 2 items, one weapon, one armor. XII seemed to go back a bit but the battle system changed. Not saying XII is a bad game, just not my cup of tea. Didn't get into any of the spin-offs either because the original games were fine the way they were.

Square hasn't made a decent Final Fantasy game in a while now, at least for the fans that grew up with IV on up, but perhaps not so for the new generation of gamers. But that's OK, because I still have VI, VII, and IX, and Chrono Trigger, and those are incredibly fun and simple.

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iHave2Fart
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts

http://imgur.com/0nGcYeX

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blueinheaven

@Lulu_Lulu: It depends what you consider to be strategic. When there's so much going on and it's happening so fast you don't really have time to think about much except winning the battle.

Some action RPG's strike a good balance, FFXIII -2 in particular I really like. I just hate button mashing with no real thought about what you're doing. In these situations people tend to use the attack that works best over and over just to get through the fights.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@blueinheaven

Then think faster, plan for more eventualities.....

Not everybody is up to the task but in some Action games it actually is doable.

Note Its more like to happen in Action Games than Action RPGs.