Looking for a game like halo on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for midnite_madness
midnite_madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 midnite_madness
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts
Does anyone know of any FPS games on PS3 where you can play splitscreen in the main story?
Alchemist3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Alchemist3001
Member since 2011 • 120 Posts
Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 all come to mind. You might also want to try out Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, if you haven't already done so on another platform.
midnite_madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 midnite_madness
Some people said that splitscreen co-op play in KZ3 isn't fun, is that true?
Alchemist3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alchemist3001

I suppose it's 'okay' - it certainly isn't the best split-screen co-op I've seen, but there are worse split-screen co-op expieriences around to be had. I had a lot more fun with Resistance: FoM and RS:V2, especially the latter - split-screen Campaign is great fun. :P

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 all come to mind. You might also want to try out Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, if you haven't already done so on another platform.Alchemist3001
^ ^
midnite_madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 midnite_madness
Should I get resistance:FOM, resistance2 or resistance3?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts
[QUOTE="Alchemist3001"]Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 all come to mind. You might also want to try out Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, if you haven't already done so on another platform.campzor
^ ^

you left out resistance 2 the imo best in the series :D
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
Killzone HD collection is coming soon, I'd pick that up. If you don't want to wait, get the Resistance series, they are all really cheap now
Alchemist3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alchemist3001

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Alchemist3001"]Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 all come to mind. You might also want to try out Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, if you haven't already done so on another platform.AmnesiaHaze
^ ^

I thought '2 was the best one as well, but I didn't mention it because AmnesiaHaze was looking for games featuring co-op for the main story. :P

Then again Haze, R2's co-op is definitely worth a try. That's where most of my R2 playtime was spent.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="campzor"] ^ ^ Alchemist3001

I thought '2 was the best one as well, but I didn't mention it because AmnesiaHaze was looking for games featuring co-op for the main story. :P

Then again Haze, R2's co-op is definitely worth a try. That's where most of my R2 playtime was spent.

yes, R2 coop rulz , countless hours spent and im still jumping in now and then , R3 was major disapointment without matchmaking for coop
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

I would be careful if you plan to go ahead and buy Resistance or Killzone and expect them to be like Halo, because they're not and you will bedisappointed. They might be the closest games on the PS3 to the Halo franchise, but that's not really saying much. But if it's just for splitscreen then ya ok.

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but if you want first-person shooters with splitscreen campaign co-op, you should've bought an XBox 360. I love the PS3, but it just doesn't compare to the 360 when it comes to FPS games with splitscreen co-op (which, to be fair, is really all the 360 has going for it). The PS3 has the Resistance series and Killzone 3, none of which are likely near as good as anything in the Halo series. Or there's cross-console stuff, like Borderlands, CoD: World at War, F.E.A.R. 3, and maybe a few others with campaign co-op. But, again, none of them are really similar to the Halo experience. If shooters are your preferred game type, then the PS3 was the wrong console for you.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Alchemist3001"]Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 all come to mind. You might also want to try out Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, if you haven't already done so on another platform.AmnesiaHaze
^ ^

Dude, your sig is great.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#14 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Resistance 3 has a awesome splitscren campaign. It can be played online too.

KZ3 is splitscreen only.

Fear 3.

midnite_madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 midnite_madness
[QUOTE="thedarklinglord"]Hate to break it to you, but if you want first-person shooters with splitscreen campaign co-op, you should've bought an XBox 360. I love the PS3, but it just doesn't compare to the 360 when it comes to FPS games with splitscreen co-op (which, to be fair, is really all the 360 has going for it). The PS3 has the Resistance series and Killzone 3, none of which are likely near as good as anything in the Halo series. Or there's cross-console stuff, like Borderlands, CoD: World at War, F.E.A.R. 3, and maybe a few others with campaign co-op. But, again, none of them are really similar to the Halo experience. If shooters are your preferred game type, then the PS3 was the wrong console for you.

I mostly play RPG's but I want a splitscreen co-op FPS and I'm not getting an Xbox just for one game.
Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
I mostly play RPG's but I want a splitscreen co-op FPS and I'm not getting an Xbox just for one game.midnite_madness
Ah. Well, as I said, the select of co-op FPS games is pretty slim on the PS3, and none quite match the polished perfection of Halo. If you just want an FPS with splitscreen and co-op campaign, your best bet would probably be something like Borderlands. But the RPG elements make it a very different beast from Halo. If you want just a straight run-and-gun shooter, then Resistance 3, Killzone 3, or F.E.A.R. 3 will probably be more to your liking. And, no, I wouldn't suggest someone buy a console for one game. Though, if you were a hardcore lover of splitscreen co-op shooters, the 360 has more than one game. They've got Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo Reach, plus Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War 1-3 (not first-person, but still a shooter that offers splitscreen co-op campaigns), and the horribly outdated but still viable option of Perfect Dark Zero. My point was that the 360 is a vastly superior system for the hardcore FPS crowd. But if you're only casually interested in a co-op FPS to occasionally play with a friend, then, yeah, it'd be silly to buy an XBox.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#17 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

You can play with up to 4 people in Tales of Graces f on the PS3. It's a RPG if you are a rpg gamer.

midnite_madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 midnite_madness
I just got Resistance 3 today and its pretty fun, thanks for recommending it.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="campzor"] ^ ^ AmazonTreeBoa

Dude, your sig is great.

I was going to say the same thing. One of 2 sigs that really got me watching hahaha.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Killzone 3 is as close as you'll get I think...
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
resistanct trilogy and killzone2&3
JamesHarden98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JamesHarden98
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts

Try starhawk its a third person futuristic shooter buts its an awesome exclusive. check it out

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#23 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man

CanisFerox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CanisFerox
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
EVE Dust 514. This is an awesome game and its only downfall is really that it is too involved and tactical. Dust is the Gran Turismo of Online FPS: It is has the RPG element of gaining and using experience points as well as the option to buy credits with real money: Because it is FREE on PS3 if you have a PSN account (also free)! And it isn't full of adverts or missing content due to it being free... it just takes longer and is more effort to get all the upgrades and abilities you want. If you are a fan of Halo, as I am, because of the rarest, best-of games where your team is a tight unit of thinkers and tactics and skill are the makers of a long hard win, you will enjoy this game. If you joined the hacked Halo games and spent hours crashing hogs headlong into the sky, this is not for you - and furthermore if I see you doing that on Dust, (exact hog and banshee rip-offs available) I will be very upset. Seriously, it is free, just download it now. Peace, Canis Ferox
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Killzone series maybe..
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

killzone 3

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

bump FTW. In my experience with all the mentioned games above, no game really feels like halo...

sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts

There just isn't anything that is particularly like halo tbh. If your looking for halo you will be disappointed. (Destiny on PS4 will be the first time a game on the PS platform will ressemble Halo)