Looking for a freelance gaming writer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wallmart56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wallmart56
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts

I co-created and manage a very small gaming group called EmberageGaming. I currently personally manage the blog/website which includes writing 99% of the articles. this isn't turning out as well as I had hoped as I am a full time student and in general tend to have a fairly busy life. This tends to impede the amount of time I have to dedicate to writing for the site. That's why I am looking for someone to help out with this. I regretablly would not be able to pay you anything for said help however I would be more than happy to sorta get your name out there. If you can only provide help here and there that would be fine it would be even greater if you would be willing to work on a more active basis. Obviously we want someone who has proper grammar and knows a fair amount about gaming, I would also like to have you write a test article of sorts just to get to know your writing style and make sure it will mesh well with ours. We ourselves are fun loving laid back gamers who are always kind and curtious. Anyone who is interested can let me know either on this thread or via P.M. Thanks and have a great day!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

goodatsomething.jpg

^

Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts

goodatsomething.jpg

^

MethodManFTW
Well unfortunately sometimes to get your name out there and to gain vauleable experience you have to do things for free or not much money.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
No offense TC, but I find it hard to take you seriously as a writer. You say you want someone with proper grammar, and yet your post is littered with grammatical and spelling errors. That's not exactly someone who should be judging other people's writing in my opinion. Also, this:

goodatsomething.jpg

^

MethodManFTW
wallmart56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wallmart56

No offense TC, but I find it hard to take you seriously as a writer. You say you want someone with proper grammar, and yet your post is littered with grammatical and spelling errors. That's not exactly someone who should be judging other people's writing in my opinion. Also, this: [QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] goodatsomething.jpg

^

Texas2089

Well, after all I am looking for someone who can do something I can't....I wasn't passing any judgement. Also if I do find a writer they don't have to be incredibly proper the only reason I want to see a test article or what have you, is to make sure that they will blend well with the site. As for the payment situation, we aren't looking for a pro by any means merely someone that can do this on the side.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone would do it for free, like Method said. I wanted to do this so I made my own, which is linked in my sig.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

TC's nick is directly linked to the worst company ever...

..and we all know how they treat their employees.....

HMMMMM...... :/

wallmart56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wallmart56

Justforvisit

Okay fair enough but I created that username like 8 or so years ago merely as a Joke :p

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
I'm a professional writing major, currently finishing up my final year, and this sounds like it could go either way. If you want a story to span a 12 hour game, with deep, emotional moments and well-developed characters, you need to be willing to pay the writer. If you want a short story to span a 2-4 hour game, with very little in the way of development, and really just a backdrop to drive the gameplay... well hell, I'll do it.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
Can you provide a link to the site? My friend used to write for Gamer Motion and Gamer Plex, so he might be interested if I forward the website to him.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I'm not sure if anyone would do it for free, like Method said. I wanted to do this so I made my own, which is linked in my sig.Chaos_Bladez

There's a LOT of video game blogs out there with writers that work for free.

Justforvisit

Walmart not Wallmart :/

wallmart56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wallmart56

Can you provide a link to the site? My friend used to write for Gamer Motion and Gamer Plex, so he might be interested if I forward the website to him.mav_destroyer
Damn I always forget that....My bad. http://emberagegaming.blogspot.com/