Loading Times/Download Times

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bsmcclure10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Bsmcclure10
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

Okay, I just got a PS3 recently, but I've noticed the download speeds and loading speeds of games are much slower than my other systems, on the same internet connection? Is it just because of the built in wireless adapter or what? Should I plug it in to an ethernet to speed things up? Some updates for games, that are only a couple hundred megabytes are taking up to 10 minutes to download, what's up?

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
If you are complaining that a couple hundred megabytes takes 10 minutes to download, you need to count your blessings. ;)
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
plug ur ethernet in ur internet isn't designed for wireless it takes me like 3 mins to dl about 500 MB
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
plug ur ethernet in ur internet isn't designed for wireless it takes me like 3 mins to dl about 500 MBGeneralHawx
Holy crap! How the hell do you people get such speedy internet?!? :P
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralHawx"]plug ur ethernet in ur internet isn't designed for wireless it takes me like 3 mins to dl about 500 MBChaos_Bladez

it takes me about few min to download, i made sure i had the fastest internet i can possibly get in my neighborhood and im good. i dont have any problems since i did that lol
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralHawx"]plug ur ethernet in ur internet isn't designed for wireless it takes me like 3 mins to dl about 500 MBChaos_Bladez

wireless bridge buddy ;) better than the WiFi that comes with the PS3, but my internet connection isn't consistent anymore since I change internet companies, use to be 7.5-9mbps consistent