LittleBigPlanet Karting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts

Just watch the review for this game and I was surprised that it got a 7. Based on the gameplay and physics I would've expected Modnation racers to be mentioned... I mean this game is a carbon copy, only with a crappier level designer and LBP sack people... So why does it exist? Clearly the modnation guys just redressed it and threw LBP in the title and expect it to sell...Is anyone going to buy this, or already have?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I was a bit excited for it when I first heard about it, but not when I found out it was going to be made by the same people from Modnation Racers. I didn't like the gameplay in that game, and unsurprisingly I couldn't get into the gameplay when I played the Beta for this game. I'm still going to give it a real chance eventually, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Not at all interested in this. To me this just seems like a shameless cash-in on the name.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I thought "ModNation" was an outstanding kart game (I have it on PSP not PS3, so there may be some differences in platform approach which make it a "better" buy on the PSP as apposed to PS3 - I dunno), with a metric-ton of personality... But this game didn't, and still doesn't, seem necessary in any way, especially with "ModNation" out there, and other stand-out kart games (the Sega "Sonic All-Star" title comes to mind which received critic & gamer praise) on the market.

"Shameless Cash-In" would be my call, as well. I'm surprised it got a 7 to be truthful. I would have expected a 5-6.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
I couldn't get excited about it when it was first announced, LBP is a very unique and outstanding game on its own. And in LBP2 it was already possible to create racing style levels so I just couldn't see the point of a standalone karting game for the franchise. It still looks like a fun game but its something I'd probably pick up if I'm completely bored and got nothing better to play.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I would much rather play Modnation Racers. Don't see why they thought making a copy would be a good idea, seeing as a lot of Kart Racers don't even sell that much.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#7 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Didn't like the beta, will give it a pass.

I'd rather play that Sonic kart game.