listening to music while playing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

talgross9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 talgross9
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I have a PS3 and the truth is i still know very little about it.

i was thinking since i can store music on its hard drive i was thinking if it possible to listen to music stored on my PS3 while playing games.

i play alot of PES with my friends and each time we want to play and listen to music we have to bring cd player.

if anyone knows if it is possible to play music and games at the same time please let me know.

thx in advance

Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
Only in some games, you are allowed to play music. MS owns a patent in where it says in any games you can play music, so SONY can't have the privileges, so it's left for the people who make the games if they decide to put playable music in their games...Burnout Paradise has in game music...this is because- Criterions, the developers, decided to put it.
talgross9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 talgross9
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

well thx i guess PES doesnt have this option

thanks again

stangen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 stangen
Member since 2004 • 273 Posts
I hope they implement it for any game, I am sick of hearing people's garbage music blasting into their mics during online games. I don't want to listen to some weird Euro pop techno with 16 year old singers during COD.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
How are you gonna have fun playing CoD5 listen to your own music? as far as i know there are about 5 games you can listen to your own music: Burnout Paradise, High Velocicy Bowling, Pain, and Sonic Unleashed......
stangen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 stangen
Member since 2004 • 273 Posts
How are you gonna have fun playing CoD5 listen to your own music? as far as i know there are about 5 games you can listen to your own music: Burnout Paradise, High Velocicy Bowling, Pain, and Sonic Unleashed......Dogswithguns
I will not be listening to my own music, but hope that people's music would be coming into their headphones instead of blasting from speakers in the room where everyone in the game has to listen.
nikgamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 nikgamma
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
I cant listen to music on my burnout paradise game. I never could. I dont know why.
BoD_GOA_French

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BoD_GOA_French
Member since 2006 • 971 Posts
I cant listen to music on my burnout paradise game. I never could. I dont know why.nikgamma
You can play music stored on your HDD while playing Burnout. Been able to do it for a while now...
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
certain games have that function but for now just use your cd player.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
can u only put music on your PS3 by CD's? I only got my PS3 a few days ago.
Raykuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Raykuza
Member since 2005 • 1873 Posts
Nope. mp3s work just fine. Just get yourself some kind of USB storage or a SD card or whatever and knock yourself out.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
How are you gonna have fun playing CoD5 listen to your own music? as far as i know there are about 5 games you can listen to your own music: Burnout Paradise, High Velocicy Bowling, Pain, and Sonic Unleashed......Dogswithguns
It is also available in Super Startdust HD, Midnight Club: LA, NCAA 09 (for specific events), and MLB the Show 08 (during menus only) that I've seen.
Raykuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Raykuza
Member since 2005 • 1873 Posts
[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"]How are you gonna have fun playing CoD5 listen to your own music? as far as i know there are about 5 games you can listen to your own music: Burnout Paradise, High Velocicy Bowling, Pain, and Sonic Unleashed......The_Rick_14
It is also available in Super Startdust HD, Midnight Club: LA, NCAA 09 (for specific events), and MLB the Show 08 (during menus only) that I've seen.

Also in PixelJunk Eden after fully completing the game.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
can u only put music on your PS3 by CD's? I only got my PS3 a few days ago.SoNin360
yep.. you can transfer music from CDs to PS3 in glorious 320kbps
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

[QUOTE="nikgamma"]I cant listen to music on my burnout paradise game. I never could. I dont know why.BoD_GOA_French
You can play music stored on your HDD while playing Burnout. Been able to do it for a while now...

For me, it says it is not compatible :( Was it put in an update?

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="BoD_GOA_French"][QUOTE="nikgamma"]I cant listen to music on my burnout paradise game. I never could. I dont know why.2good2betrue

For me, it says it is not compatible :( Was it put in an update?

yep.. it was in the Cagney update.. 1.30 i believe... then all you gotta do is go into your Easy Drive menu and scroll down to soundtrack, select custom and it'll take you to the music folders on your PS3...
thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts
Only in some games, you are allowed to play music. MS owns a patent in where it says in any games you can play music, so SONY can't have the privileges, so it's left for the people who make the games if they decide to put playable music in their games...Burnout Paradise has in game music...this is because- Criterions, the developers, decided to put it.Jayvan_JJ
Interesting, have Microsoft copyrighted the methodology of making music playable in games or just the concept of doing so? If not I wonder when Sony are going to implement their own way of getting this to work, I'd dearly love to be able to do this on PS3.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="Jayvan_JJ"]Only in some games, you are allowed to play music. MS owns a patent in where it says in any games you can play music, so SONY can't have the privileges, so it's left for the people who make the games if they decide to put playable music in their games...Burnout Paradise has in game music...this is because- Criterions, the developers, decided to put it.thekodaman
Interesting, have Microsoft copyrighted the methodology of making music playable in games or just the concept of doing so? If not I wonder when Sony are going to implement their own way of getting this to work, I'd dearly love to be able to do this on PS3.

Sony already has. However, the method that Sony chose leaves it to the developers to put it into their games on a game by game basis. This worked around Microsoft's patent which plays music over games independent of the title.