Liberty City Stories vs. Vice City Stories

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bluej33 (687 posts) -
I'm planning on picking up a PSP sometime soon, and when I do I'd like to get one of the GTA games. I've checked reviews and for the most part these two GTA games on the PSP are about equally-well-reviewed. So I'm curious: which game do you all think is better? Thanks
#2 Posted by 1337_ownage (1668 posts) -
Vice is great i really liked the idea of running your own gang, dont know if you can do that on liberty city
#3 Posted by LongWay2Go (362 posts) -
I'm actually 24% into GTA:LCS and so far, no control of gangs or something yet. I've played Vice City before. I tell you, Vice City Stories is better than GTA:LCS.
#4 Posted by rockguy92 (21559 posts) -
Vice.
Avatar image for barney_calhoun_
#5 Posted by barney_calhoun_ (3887 posts) -

Liberty...

#6 Posted by bluej33 (687 posts) -

Gah...indecision! How about this, then: what are the significant differences between these two games? Or are there really any?...

#7 Posted by skreetpreacha (877 posts) -
significant differences are: VCS has more minigames, and more vehicle types to control, including helos, speedboats, quads, bikes, etc. And you can swim. I thought the graphics were slightly better too.
#8 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
Vice City Stories is better. It has a more involved storyline, better gameplay mechanics, and a much better sound track.
#9 Posted by LongWay2Go (362 posts) -

Yeah, you gotta love the soundtrack. Love Fist, anyone? And it's Tommy Vercetti, man.

I miss VCPR. Lol.

#10 Posted by darkPSPfan (4934 posts) -
liberty city my vote always
#11 Posted by hrdcorenick (51 posts) -
lliberty city stories def!!!
#12 Posted by Archer2551 (567 posts) -
I prefer GTA VCS more because u can swim in that game, and u can also fly helicopters and to me has a better storyline
#13 Posted by Lo_Rising (930 posts) -
i just got a psp and was wondering the same thing. which one of these to get.
#14 Posted by alayeesquire (835 posts) -
VCS.
Avatar image for barney_calhoun_
#15 Posted by barney_calhoun_ (3887 posts) -

Yeah, you gotta love the soundtrack. Love Fist, anyone? And it's Tommy Vercetti, man.

I miss VCPR. Lol.

LongWay2Go

Tommy vercetti?... no... more like Vic Vance

#16 Posted by 5starg (25 posts) -

vice city

#17 Posted by Yoshi_Hunter (1614 posts) -
Liberty Cities for sho, the missions were much better and sure it doesnt have as much things as VCS such as jetski or whatever but its still more fun.
#18 Posted by ThisCurse (1258 posts) -

You cant go wrong with either game, but IMO Vice City was more fun in the fact that you could swim, fly airplanes and helicopters and dont forget the Phil Collins concert!

#19 Posted by Watermelon4372 (383 posts) -
Liberty City was my first and favorite game on the PSP. The missions rock, the story is awesome, and I love running around the city (which is in both, but LCS i like more)
Avatar image for officerredfield
#20 Posted by officerredfield (25 posts) -

The missions in Vice city stories are better and the free-roam is better for a short period of time, but gets repetitive and bland in VCS.

The missions are mostly boring in LCS but some are extremely fun. The free-roam lasts alot longer that in VCS, but doesnt have as much mini-games or fun things to do in VCS.

I'd put it this way seeing as they are so evenly matched.. which would you like to explore more, New York or miami? a City setting or a Tropic setting?

P.S. they both own

#21 Posted by dangerd0g24 (1455 posts) -
i was in gamestop yesterday and i was trying to figure out what to games to buy. i stared at the display rack for a little while and i almost bought both of them but then i decided to go with LCS just because i liked it more and i also bought daxter.
#22 Posted by samerdaoud (25 posts) -
Vice city Stories is so much better
#23 Posted by blaze4545 (25 posts) -
I would get them both, but if you gotta choose one, I would say Vice City Stories. A lot of extras like owning businesses and attacking enemy businesses.