LBP gets a 9.0 from Gamespot- who finds this surprising?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pyire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 pyire
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts
I can't say that I am in any way suprised. A score 9 out of 10 is extremely well in my opinion, it's as good as perfect. I was actually expecting something like this. 8,5 would have been fine, 8 would have been a little suprising while 7 would have been a disaster.
king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

Not surprising but yeah people thought it would be a 9.5, but a 9.0 is good enough.

ReverseCycology
I thought it might even get a 10.0, I was pretty sure it would get a 9.5, but 9.0? If Gears of War 2 gets a 9.5 or more and/or Resistance 2 gets 8.5, I'll know that Gamespt is biased.
god_of_shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 god_of_shawn
Member since 2005 • 559 Posts
Gamespot Review for PS3 games = Rubbish. Nuff said.
king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
Gamespot Review for PS3 games = Rubbish. Nuff said.god_of_shawn
Agreed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ea874e06483b
deactivated-5ea874e06483b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 deactivated-5ea874e06483b
Member since 2006 • 2896 Posts
I didn't found it suprising but it's a good score tho.:)
MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

I think it deserves a little less to be honest. The story is really short, the map editor is overly complicated, and the multiplayer is hard to play due to the camera angles.shabazz5th

Thats what i think about gears or war...Even though lil big planet is short you can still make it longer by creating your own content thats the purpose of the game to have players create content

Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ren_eko
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts
I was expecting LBP to get........OVER 9 THOUUUUUUUUUUUSAND
virgothoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 virgothoth
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
9.0 is not a bad score, i just thought it deserved a little higher. Once again, taking off points for time to create a level is a little crazy imho. I played the beta and loved it! I mean user created content, online multiplayer/co-op, even a use for PSEye..hard to go wrong or see the game getting old real quick for me. I understand there's prolly not one game anywhere that everyone likes but.. acording to gamespot... LBP=9.0 Braid=9.5 seriously?! =/
mariojak1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mariojak1984
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
I did expect a slightly higher score, but honestly, a 9 is outstanding. A 9 means that a game for the most part completely realizes a great concept, and if you squint really hard you may find some quirks that prevent it from being perfect, but hardly make even an only decent game. It is also the score that Gamespot gave Bioshock, COD4, Rainbow Six Vegas, Dead Space, Assasin's Creed, and NHL 09. I don't think anyone would dare call those gmes bad, and for LBP it is no different. Sure, it may not be as flawlessly controlled as Super Mario Galaxy, or as magnifcently rendered as Metal Gear Solid 4, but that is why those games recieved a 9.5 and and a 10 respectively. When you think it through, they were only a milimeter closer to being perfect than LBP. Never bash a 9. You will look stupid.
mariojak1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mariojak1984
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

I was expecting LBP to get........OVER 9 THOUUUUUUUUUUUSANDRen_eko

that was epic. good job dude.

macfaelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 macfaelan
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts
i was in the beta and i would also give it 9, gamespot (for once) did a pretty accurate review. it is an amazing game dont get me wrong, but 10 is perfect and it is not perfect, it has a fair number of glitches in editor and to do with the 3 planes. maybe this was just the case in the beta, but from what ive heard, its the same in the actual game. but anyway hoo cares? 9/10 to me is pretty good lol!!