LBP 2nd Highest Rated Exclusive of All Time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pirategunner
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
As rated by Metacritic. Goe HERE for full story!
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

wow good find dude

psyche! is that your blog or something? its a lame site dude

infidexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 infidexus
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

As rated by Metacritic. Goe HERE for full story!pirategunner

Funny sig banner.

mhsdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mhsdrake
Member since 2007 • 3091 Posts
Dude you should post this in system wars....
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
wait first was Super Mario Galaxy ... and not Metal Gear Solid 4? WHAT
camerun370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 camerun370
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
I see that 'navstar' is the anonymous person to leave the only comment there lol
Koinuboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Koinuboy
Member since 2004 • 3447 Posts
wait first was Super Mario Galaxy ... and not Metal Gear Solid 4? WHATnavstar29
probably cause the exclusivity of that game is up in the air at the moment.
treelog82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 treelog82
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts

wait first was Super Mario Galaxy ... and not Metal Gear Solid 4? WHATnavstar29

Easily understandable. And before I post this please realise Im a huge MGS fan to the point of it being ridiculous. I've easily invested about 2,500 hours into playing the series, both single player and online.

The thing about MGS games is that they do so many different things to such extremes that they have plenty of room for faults. In MGS games you have all sorts of action gameplay, stealth gameplay and so many options to how you go about them that arent always so obvious. They also form such an outlandish story that even the majority of fellow MGS fans I see dont even really grasp whats going on. Then you have the controls and camera styles that have spanned the series and even while MGS4 makes an attempt at appealing to the masses it still comes as awkward for some. Also to some people the enemy AI in MGS games is retarded. Most MGS fans know how great the AI actually is because all the different pattern branches and reactions allow for manipulation and experimental value. A common discredit to the series is people claiming the game too short when they simply dont realize how much replay value there is. The long cutscenes that so many fans love, others despise. The MGS series is love it, or hate without too much inbetween.

Mario Galaxy, much like the Zelda series and other top notch Nintendo games, knows how to concentrate on a small number of aspects, but pull them off so well that its nearly perfection. Mario Galaxy is much closer to being a perfect game than MGS4. They took flawless platforming mechanics, mixed them into a world of genius level design and pulled out so many ideas from such a simple concept its really amazing. While it doesnt share the depth of a game like MGS4, it delivers on quality and fun in such a simplistic manner that its really tough to find its faults.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

[QUOTE="navstar29"]wait first was Super Mario Galaxy ... and not Metal Gear Solid 4? WHATKoinuboy

Yeah, it's not that the game only has a Metacritic score of 92 at all >_>

sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts

Funny... A metascore of 96, making it the 2nd highest scoring exclusive of all time...

And we're posting on a site that gave it a 90.

Gamespot needs to get its act together.

sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
Also, I want to add that Gamespot's score was tied for lowest from any real gaming site/magazine. The ONLY score lower than Gamespot's was Variety magazine, which is quite obviously not a gaming magazine.
Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Blaiyze1
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

[QUOTE="navstar29"]wait first was Super Mario Galaxy ... and not Metal Gear Solid 4? WHATKoinuboy

Lol im sure he actually copied and pasted that in there. Anyways those are some pretty amazing facts! Nice find dude.

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

[QUOTE="Koinuboy"][QUOTE="navstar29"]wait first was Super Mario Galaxy ... and not Metal Gear Solid 4? WHATBlaiyze1

Lol im sure he actually copied and pasted that in there. Anyways those are some pretty amazing facts! Nice find dude.

Lol yeah i wasn't actually planning to read the article until i saw that comment and saw that mgs wasn't the one in first place.

I just assumed it would be MGS b/c I just remember seeing everyone give it a 10 at the time. And I never realized that Mario Galaxy was actually THAT good of a game.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="navstar29"]wait first was Super Mario Galaxy ... and not Metal Gear Solid 4? WHATtreelog82

Easily understandable. And before I post this please realise Im a huge MGS fan to the point of it being ridiculous. I've easily invested about 2,500 hours into playing the series, both single player and online.

The thing about MGS games is that they do so many different things to such extremes that they have plenty of room for faults. In MGS games you have all sorts of action gameplay, stealth gameplay and so many options to how you go about them that arent always so obvious. They also form such an outlandish story that even the majority of fellow MGS fans I see dont even really grasp whats going on. Then you have the controls and camera styles that have spanned the series and even while MGS4 makes an attempt at appealing to the masses it still comes as awkward for some. Also to some people the enemy AI in MGS games is retarded. Most MGS fans know how great the AI actually is because all the different pattern branches and reactions allow for manipulation and experimental value. A common discredit to the series is people claiming the game too short when they simply dont realize how much replay value there is. The long cutscenes that so many fans love, others despise. The MGS series is love it, or hate without too much inbetween.

Mario Galaxy, much like the Zelda series and other top notch Nintendo games, knows how to concentrate on a small number of aspects, but pull them off so well that its nearly perfection. Mario Galaxy is much closer to being a perfect game than MGS4. They took flawless platforming mechanics, mixed them into a world of genius level design and pulled out so many ideas from such a simple concept its really amazing. While it doesnt share the depth of a game like MGS4, it delivers on quality and fun in such a simplistic manner that its really tough to find its faults.

Wow, well said.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

how is it? mgs 5 maybe but mgs 4 is staying exclusive no matter what.