LAIR Gets A 4.9 From IGN (US)

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonkaTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#51 MonkaTG
Member since 2006 • 2596 Posts
I'm not surprised by this review... It stopped being a good-looking game about a year ago... As soon as gameplay videos started to hit i saw FLOP written all over it...
Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts

Yeah I think it really is UNFair that they left ANalog Controls COMPLETELY out just because they could.... REtarded!

THey're just trying to control players intstead of Players controlling their game>>>>>

Avatar image for deactivated-600fd0017f1ba
deactivated-600fd0017f1ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 deactivated-600fd0017f1ba
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
I kind of figured it wouldn't do too good...
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

Ouch..... http://ps3.ign.com.

Anyone Disapointed or did you see this coming? They called it a "sixaxis suckfest"

Space_Cowboy7

I saw it coming. Was never into the game.

Bennhoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bennhoc
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts

to be hornest, I'm very disappointed in........IGN :))

WTF are they thinking anyway. I have heard alot about IGN being biased but never thought it would be this serious.

Halo-IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 Halo-IV
Member since 2003 • 285 Posts
Well guys this is real bad news for people who own a PS3. I myself was looking forward to this game, but after hearing about the EGM review and Garnett Lee from 1UP it wasquite apparent that this game is not very good at all. I'm surprized so many people are defending it by saying the reviewer just doesn't like sixaxis controls when it appears others (refering to EGM) also agree with IGN. This is no surprize, itsquiteclear to stay away from Lair, get Warhawk or Heavenly Sword if you can bear with having a 6 hour SP game. Remember, if you purchase a game you are showing the devs and publishers that your willing to pay for s***.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

to be hornest, I'm very disappointed in........IGN :))

WTF are they thinking anyway. I have heard alot about IGN being biased but never thought it would be this serious.

Bennhoc

Who told you IGN is biased. That's stupid. I remember when everyone called Gamespot biased and that the real source was IGN, but now its flipped becuase IGN gave a review you were not expecting.

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
Blue Dragon and Lair both getting low scores, I think game reviewers have a dragon bias
Killer_Cyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Killer_Cyborg
Member since 2003 • 2814 Posts
Why are people always taking reviews as a big red light ? Like if they were the ultimate authority. I always see people act as if reviews represented every single opinions a player could have about a game. FLOP ! BIAS !, who care ! When will people understand reviews cannot be objective. There are no conspiracies, only one guy opinion. So try it and see. Don't like it ? Next. Thats all, no drama.
da1writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 da1writer
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts

Just to let people know, don't bash this game because of the rating, users have said it's actually a very good game and another great game that implements the motion sensing quite well. Of cours it is going to be hard at first, you just have to get use to it. You guys who are hatin on the motion sensing just aren't use to New stuff yet, I'm use to it already and play/buy games that use the motion sensing options. My only exception is to Motorstorm, I may buy it later once I beat my other games and the holidays game releases. Anyway, I'm still going to buy Lair no matter what reviewers say, just like I'm going to buy Heavenly Sword no matter what! Here's a user review of Lair, check it out and make your judgement then!

http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.php?p=1892324&postcount=1

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25888532

@ Killer_Cyborg: I agree with you 100%, who cares what reviewers say, we are the ones buying it, we should be the ones judging for ourselves if a game is good or not. People just believe one reviewers opinion and it's a deal breaker! No reviewer liked Rub a dub and gave it horrible reviews, when I actually liked it (and I'm a huge fan of the motion sensing on the PS3 too!)

Space_Cowboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Space_Cowboy7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

Blue Dragon and Lair both getting low scores, I think game reviewers have a dragon biasBreakingPoint8

Yep. Classic case of Dragon discrimination

RXHELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RXHELL
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts
Hmm first Heavenly Sword now this... Atleast theres like a billion other games coming out soon *shrug*
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts

I pointed this out in a different thread but it would seem the developer rushed the review or had little interest in the game in the first place. One of his largest complaints other than targeting was his inability to make a quick turn, yet one of the very first things you learn to do in the first mission of the game is how to perform a quick 180 degree turn. It seems to me like the reviewer didn't bother to learn the game before he played it and that he jumped into it already wanting to hate the controls.

I have none of the issues he did, not even with the targeting. I don't regret buying the game in the least bit.

Space_Cowboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Space_Cowboy7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
^^ So im guessing that your enjoying it. I guess its just a matter of taste..
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts
WOW 4.9 is a very very low score! for just the visuals this game diserve at least 6.0!!
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

i dont care.

i seen gameplay videos and it looks fine.

they just hate the ps3 because its black.

shroom76

hahhaa

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
I personally find that when sites like these give pretty good games like lair scores like 4.9 or whatever it was, they just like the atention they get. I mean hey, its worked hasn't it, its got loads of us talking about why etc etc, giving their site more atention etc. I find the same with movie reviews, thats why on the whole i dont listen to reviews because they are absolute bullcrap...
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts

IGN isn't the only one that gave Lair a bad review.

Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts
It's also not the only one that gave Lair a GREAT PREVIEW. How do you go from "This game rocks" to "This game sucks" when nothing was changed to the control scheme? This is why I ignore reviews and go on gut instinct. Lair's a purchase waiting to happen for me.
Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

now all of u think that ign is biased just bc they gave the game a bad review. theyre not the only ones to give the game a bad review. so what, now everytime a ps3 game that is supposed to be good gets a bad review, all of u fanboys r just gonna say bc the reviewer is biased? sony could put out the worst game ever made, and u sony fanboys would still make excuses for it. just accept the fact that maybe this game isnt as good as u thought. and dont go and say ima "troll" or a 360 fanboy, cuz im not. i just hate fanboys in general. i mean calling a gamesite biased just bc they gave a game on ur console a low review is pathetic.

indongga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 indongga
Member since 2003 • 10329 Posts
actually just hearing all these bad reviews make me wanna play it really badly...i...dont know why haha.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
actually just hearing all these bad reviews make me wanna play it really badly...i...dont know why haha.indongga
go rent it and youll be suprised how good it is.
indongga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 indongga
Member since 2003 • 10329 Posts
[QUOTE="indongga"]actually just hearing all these bad reviews make me wanna play it really badly...i...dont know why haha.acidBURN1942
go rent it and youll be suprised how good it is.

OH I WILL HAHAHA oh...pfft no money...mehh i actually do seriously wanna play this.
pantshater1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 pantshater1224
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
game informer gave it a 7.25 and an 8.
mamoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 mamoru
Member since 2005 • 637 Posts

i dont care.

i seen gameplay videos and it looks fine.

they just hate the ps3 because its black.

shroom76

lolololololololololoooooooool~!!!!

hahahahahaa~!!!!! yea,u know how white and black consoles aree...xbox360(white)...ps3(black)...wii(armenian) no offense though~but yea,maybe ur rite...:lol:

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

Just to let people know, don't bash this game because of the rating, users have said it's actually a very good game and another great game that implements the motion sensing quite well. Of cours it is going to be hard at first, you just have to get use to it. You guys who are hatin on the motion sensing just aren't use to New stuff yet, I'm use to it already and play/buy games that use the motion sensing options. My only exception is to Motorstorm, I may buy it later once I beat my other games and the holidays game releases. Anyway, I'm still going to buy Lair no matter what reviewers say, just like I'm going to buy Heavenly Sword no matter what! Here's a user review of Lair, check it out and make your judgement then!

http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.php?p=1892324&postcount=1

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25888532

da1writer

I agree with you one hundred percent.

Oh and by the way have you tried this game? It's like the single best game in the entire universe. Everything else is absolute trash compared to, well besides other exclusive PS3 games. I mean really, they can't be bad. They just can't.

I'll put up a review later and give the game a perfect 10. That should be enough for me to make you believe me right?

darkusse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 darkusse
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts

IGN sucks with Sixaxis, just look at their review of Super Rub-A-Dub 2.9.Jamh83

haha suuper rub-a-dub is awful :)

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

Ouch..... http://ps3.ign.com.

Anyone Disapointed or did you see this coming? They called it a "sixaxis suckfest"

Space_Cowboy7
i seen it comein and the sixaxis is the exact reason i saw it, its gonna bog anygame down that trys to make it their only control scheme, sony is stupid for ever tryin to use montion control, just dump it give us rumble act liek nothin happened and we will all move on and be happy
ThAcRaZeDoNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ThAcRaZeDoNe
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts
i dunno what GS is talking about my dragon goes where ever i want it to go no problem u just gotta treat the controller good i noticed if i do fast motions it wont respond as good as if u turn slow =] happy with my lair
da1bu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 da1bu
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
Lair deserves nothing more than 4.9, Factor 5 have really screwed this up. The gameplay is extremely bad considering all aspects including camera angles, the control system and combat. A secondary control system should have been included. Graphics don't make a game, Lair isn't that special graphically anyway. 4.9 is a fair score, the game is poor.