lack of PSP games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scaleback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scaleback
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Being a PSP fan myself I can't help wondering why the shops don't sell more PSP games. I can't see why more Japanese games can't be translated into English for the British model
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

I know what you mean - I've watched the area that my local Game store dedicates to PSP slowly shrink. Now it's just a top 10 and some pre-owned. Can't even guarantee they will get new releases in unless I pre-order :(

Can only assume that relative to other consoles they haven't been selling so from their point of view it makes sense to dedicate more space to stuff that sells better.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Well, you could always play Japanese games and use a translation guide. A lot of games have been fan-localized for those of us who don't grock Japanese. Just a thought. But why with all of the hundreds of titles available for the system in your native market can you not find a few titles which suit your tastes? I'm finding that kind of hard to believe.

Hit the Suggestions Stickie, post your likes and dislikes, and see what the forum says. Good people over there.

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
Yea the PSP sections at stores have been getting smaller over the past year or so
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I havent noticed PSP shelves shrinking where i live.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 jamyskis
Member since 2004 • 779 Posts

German perspective here:

The PSP shelves had indeed been getting progressively smaller between 2007 and 2009, although for whatever reason many game stores around here have started expanding their range again. The DS range is always huge, but I'd challenge anyone to find a non-shovelware game in there.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
The Reason is mainly because of Piracy, nuff said
LiShuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LiShuri
I completely agree. when I last vsited a games shop, the games mostly consisted of thriller shoot-em-up games and the sales lady told me while I was browsing "There aren't that much games in the PSP for girls I'm afraid." That didn't piss me off or anything but yea...
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#9 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I completely agree. when I last vsited a games shop, the games mostly consisted of thriller shoot-em-up games and the sales lady told me while I was browsing "There aren't that much games in the PSP for girls I'm afraid." That didn't piss me off or anything but yea...LiShuri
She's right though, well on the fact PSP targets the more mature audience. I don't think that benefits a handheld, but I'm not a Sony employee, so their choice.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Wow... the salesperson assumed that because you were female you wanted to play "Barbie's Pony Adventure" and "Cooking Mama"? I'd have gently slapped the white off her teeth.

:lol:

There are plenty of PSP games that're worth your money and/ or time in my opinion... Here at my local resale, there are a huuuuge amount of DS games (and certainly not all shovelware), and the PSP section takes up three smallish sets of shelves; Approximately 200 cases or so of decent games of all different genres. Perhaps I'm lucky and living in an area which has an overabundance of PSP trade-ins... but it only seems like the PSP is gaining ground to me.

I saw a DSXL today in a store, by the way. Sorry to get off-topic but it was a nice looking piece of hardware.

:D

I hope Sony can take some inspiration from them and crank out a cool gadget next time they do.

LiShuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LiShuri
Hahaha yea I guess so. That's the usual impression of people in game shops. I was actually looking for Kingdom Hearts UMDs incase they were already released and all. But when I checked the internet, they said they aren't out yet. Anyway, you people are lucky you're in the big city. My province is one of the smaller ones so we don't get that much game updates. But I still like it here though. Not that much people. (I'm getting out of topic here hehehe)
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
^^ There is always online. That's where I get my games. But it depends where you live though. If your in japan, there is always play-asia I think. I don't bother buying games anymore in stores since online shops are cheaper. As for the topic, psp is just surviving imo outside japan. That's why there's not much support on the psp. The psp market is not as successful as it's competitor. If a game developer releases a game, it's either a sure hit like Kingdom Hearts/ MGS or a big gamble like I don't know, like maybe that new dead or alive game...
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

I completely agree. when I last vsited a games shop, the games mostly consisted of thriller shoot-em-up games and the sales lady told me while I was browsing "There aren't that much games in the PSP for girls I'm afraid." That didn't piss me off or anything but yea...LiShuri

Are you serious? What's a girl's game? My nieces play the same games as me(well, except the 18+ ones of course, they're 7 and 11). They love Ratchet and Clank, KZ Liberation, Final Fantasy...

What a dumbass sales clerk. Or am I mistakan and girls do play different games to guys on PSP?

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
[QUOTE="LiShuri"]I completely agree. when I last vsited a games shop, the games mostly consisted of thriller shoot-em-up games and the sales lady told me while I was browsing "There aren't that much games in the PSP for girls I'm afraid." That didn't piss me off or anything but yea...Daavpuke
She's right though, well on the fact PSP targets the more mature audience. I don't think that benefits a handheld, but I'm not a Sony employee, so their choice.

I disagree on the psp targeting a more mature audience. With the shooters and, then all the multi-media stuff I'd say its targeting teenagers.
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
^^ I agree man. It really does have alot of piracy and it's still successful worldwide. It makes me wonder why Sony don't focus on getting more games like it's competitor.
Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts
I hear people blame it on piracy all the time. I think it also doesn't help that Sony has done a poor job supporting its own hardware with high-profile software.
daveydag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 daveydag
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
I hear people blame it on piracy all the time. I think it also doesn't help that Sony has done a poor job supporting its own hardware with high-profile software.Polybren
how much do you get paid to say negative things about SONY? :P gamespot. tut tut.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#19 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

The sections are getting smaller I noticed GAME are selling off quite a few PSP games even seen some for 98p and Gamestation has a poor PSP section especially in my local. The only stores which have a decent amount of PSP games near me are Grainger Games and Chips. Sony are focusing more on the PSP Playstation Store so they can charge you nearly triple or double the price of what you pay for on UMD, but I blame Sony for it's lack of PSP titles over the last few years they haven't been supporting it as much as they could have.