Kratos vs. Hercules

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mjk_1 (13926 posts) -
Topic
#2 Posted by Sk8ter_213 (4573 posts) -
Kratos.
#3 Posted by Dirty3rdTex (635 posts) -
Kratos, without a doubt.
#4 Posted by AnFangs_Endes (3785 posts) -

Kratos: I have to kill Ares!

"No Kratos, you are the Ares!"

And then Kratos was a Hercules.

-

No one wins.

#5 Posted by JC02 (1668 posts) -
Kratos for the win.
#6 Posted by NutZBouTChoC (76 posts) -
doesnt hurcules have the strength of 100 men. i think thats more then kratos so im putting my money of hercules
#7 Posted by janti_hakouz (3190 posts) -

doesnt hurcules have the strength of 100 men. i think thats more then kratos so im putting my money of herculesNutZBouTChoC

Yeah, but Kratos killed Ares, who's the God of war.

#8 Posted by C_BozkurT_C (3580 posts) -
Michael Jackson would pwn both!
#9 Posted by gusnitro (355 posts) -
hercules has yet to make an apperance in god of war. But id say it would be a pretty close fight. I got my money on kratos.no doubt. Hes a bad ass.
#10 Posted by Brainhunter (2201 posts) -

[QUOTE="NutZBouTChoC"]doesnt hurcules have the strength of 100 men. i think thats more then kratos so im putting my money of herculesjanti_hakouz

Ya, but he used the uber haxored god-killing machine "Pandora's Box" in order to do so : Hercules defeated Hades, God of the Underworld, without cheats, lol (recalls the terrific Disney film).

#11 Posted by SPD_WeBmAsTaH (2668 posts) -
I guess Hercules would have the advantage of the strength of 100 men but you never know since Kratos killed a god or two before. I'd say it'd be a tie.
#12 Posted by Dante865 (4196 posts) -

I guess Hercules would have the advantage of the strength of 100 men but you never know since Kratos killed a god or two before. I'd say it'd be a tie.SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Ares slaughtered thousands of people in Athens all on his own :P Hercules wouldnt stand a damn chance.

#13 Posted by mickymanga (31 posts) -
If we are talking about the ancient Hercules known as Herakles, then that guy was strong enough to hold the entire planet on his shoulders (the Atlas holding Heaven-feat, if you guys remember).
#14 Posted by MusashiSensi (9584 posts) -
WOW! You guys must've never played god of war 2 because kratos almost killed zeus. If it wasn't for athena coming in the way kratos would've defeated zeus, so I say KRATOS!
#15 Posted by mjk_1 (13926 posts) -
[QUOTE="janti_hakouz"]

[QUOTE="NutZBouTChoC"]doesnt hurcules have the strength of 100 men. i think thats more then kratos so im putting my money of herculesBrainhunter

Ya, but he used the uber haxored god-killing machine "Pandora's Box" in order to do so : Hercules defeated Hades, God of the Underworld, without cheats, lol (recalls the terrific Disney film).

Good point, Hercules could probably kill Ares if he used Pandora's Box.

#16 Posted by MaForce (533 posts) -
strength of 100 men is cool but kratos wields those swords and i pretty sure his strength is around 100 men. He's also agile too and has more of a mean side so he has the mental edge on hercules.
#17 Posted by JOJO_AC (233 posts) -
Well, considering that they both have the same father it would be a pretty even match, but i vote for Kratos for being more brutal. He's trying to kill Zeus and anyone who stands in his way, so maybe we'll find the answer in the next God of War.
#18 Posted by Primo295 (2896 posts) -
Kratos!!!
#19 Posted by Truth-slayer (2510 posts) -
Hercules should be a boss in God of War III.
#20 Posted by BlueAtlas (1589 posts) -
Kratos.
#21 Posted by el-tope-pr (425 posts) -
Hercules should be a boss in God of War III.Truth-slayer
exactly what i was thinking, but since hercules is a good guy he should get brain wash or something........... back to topic it would be a mega super battle like saying GOKU and VEGITA but i say KRATOS all the way
#22 Posted by laved (25 posts) -
I would say that they're quite evenly matched in strength and manpower, it would have to come down to who is more intelligent (that plus opportunity and luck).
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
#23 Posted by _SOULtoSQUEEZE_ (1495 posts) -
kratos hands down, hes just so bad*ss lol. yeah hercules should definitely be in GoW3. achilles is pretty cool too.
#24 Posted by MyzeDivine (916 posts) -

[QUOTE="Truth-slayer"]Hercules should be a boss in God of War III.el-tope-pr
exactly what i was thinking, but since hercules is a good guy he should get brain wash or something........... back to topic it would be a mega super battle like saying GOKU and VEGITA but i say KRATOS all the way

There is a very good chance Hercules WILL be a boss in GoW3. As for Hercules being brain washed, err, not likely. Most of the bosses that Kratos fights in GoW2 are "good guys:" Perseus, Theseus, Icarus, and Zeus is usually considered a good guy. Kratos is at best an anti-hero, and probably should be considered a bad guy.

I could see Hercules since he's a natural step up from those (except Zeus). Unless you go by the feel-good Disney version of Hercules, he was not a god and only had the strength of the gods, but not their immortality. Kratos should be able to throw his Chaos Blades into Hercules and almost kill him (obviously not that easy). I could also see the higher up Greek heroes such as Achilles, who is much more "invincible" than Hercules, but I think it would be obvious how you beat him. The real bosses in GoW3 will be some of the gods, or, if the story goes the way I think it will, even a titan or two.

As for the fight between Kratos and Hercules. Well, Hercules in terms of physical strength would obviously be at least a little stronger than Kratos in a hand-to-hand fight without something like Pandora's Box. However, Hercules wouldn't be as quick/agile as Kratos and has no titan/god powered weapons/magic. Also, as said, Kratos is much more brutal which would give an advantage as Kratos would not hesitate. I would say several of the bosses that Kratos fought in GoW 1 and 2 were as strong as 100 men, so I think he has the experience with that type of fight (Hydra, Zeus (when he was in his giant form, he was probably as strong as Ares), 3rd Sister of Fate (she was jokingly easy, but still, weighing as much as 5000 men, I'm sure she was close to 100 men in strength), Ares (probably more like the strength of 10000 men, but Kratos had the Box), and the Colossus of Rhodes at the beginning of GoW2).

I can tell you one thing for certain. If Kratos fights Hercules in GoW3 that will answer the question, in favor of Kratos. ;) (we know he's not gonna die, at least not permanently, and I don't see them putting in a fight where you can't win for purposes of story).

#25 Posted by Pearl_of_Egypt (4073 posts) -
Kratos.
#26 Posted by PaisaPlaya510 (124 posts) -
hercules could have done everyhting kratos did he just chooses not to since hes a pure good guy. i thin they be pretty even except the fact that hercules can turn into a god and kik other gods butts without weapons. but it is kratos's game so there fore he would win
#27 Posted by goolevski (57 posts) -

hercules ....... only because im greeke haha

GOD3 will own

#28 Posted by abdelmessih101 (5230 posts) -

-

No one wins.

AnFangs_Endes

:question:

#29 Posted by sonydbz (552 posts) -
Wasn't there some debate going on about that Argonaut that Kratos put into that grinder and jammed it? There were saying that it could have been Hercules but I dunno, was it? Anyways...all you guys make valid points but in the end...Kratos. Imagine him just grabbing Hercules by the head and yelling at his face "I AM THE GOD OF WAR!!" and then stick his blades in him, swings and throws him to Zeus and then saying "None shall defy me!" or something cool like that...yeah...Kratos would win
#30 Posted by goolevski (57 posts) -

-

No one wins.

AnFangs_Endes

what ?

#31 Posted by abdelmessih101 (5230 posts) -

[QUOTE="el-tope-pr"][QUOTE="Truth-slayer"]Hercules should be a boss in God of War III.MyzeDivine

There is a very good chance Hercules WILL be a boss in GoW3. As for Hercules being brain washed, err, not likely. Most of the bosses that Kratos fights in GoW2 are "good guys:" Perseus, Theseus, Icarus, and Zeus is usually considered a good guy. Kratos is at best an anti-hero, and probably should be considered a bad guy.

I could see Hercules since he's a natural step up from those (except Zeus). Unless you go by the feel-good Disney version of Hercules, he was not a god and only had the strength of the gods, but not their immortality. Kratos should be able to throw his Chaos Blades into Hercules and almost kill him (obviously not that easy). I could also see the higher up Greek heroes such as Achilles, who is much more "invincible" than Hercules, but I think it would be obvious how you beat him. The real bosses in GoW3 will be some of the gods, or, if the story goes the way I think it will, even a titan or two.

As for the fight between Kratos and Hercules. Well, Hercules in terms of physical strength would obviously be at least a little stronger than Kratos in a hand-to-hand fight without something like Pandora's Box. However, Hercules wouldn't be as quick/agile as Kratos and has no titan/god powered weapons/magic. Also, as said, Kratos is much more brutal which would give an advantage as Kratos would not hesitate. I would say several of the bosses that Kratos fought in GoW 1 and 2 were as strong as 100 men, so I think he has the experience with that type of fight (Hydra, Zeus (when he was in his giant form, he was probably as strong as Ares), 3rd Sister of Fate (she was jokingly easy, but still, weighing as much as 5000 men, I'm sure she was close to 100 men in strength), Ares (probably more like the strength of 10000 men, but Kratos had the Box), and the Colossus of Rhodes at the beginning of GoW2).

I can tell you one thing for certain. If Kratos fights Hercules in GoW3 that will answer the question, in favor of Kratos. ;) (we know he's not gonna die, at least not permanently, and I don't see them putting in a fight where you can't win for purposes of story).

Nice analysis ... you must have been bored lol.

#32 Posted by AnFangs_Endes (3785 posts) -
[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

-

No one wins.

goolevski

what ?

Old internet meme. The original was about Doom.

John: "I have to kill the demons!"

Radio: "No John, you are the demons!"

And then John was a zombie.

#33 Posted by mjk_1 (13926 posts) -

[QUOTE="el-tope-pr"][QUOTE="Truth-slayer"]Hercules should be a boss in God of War III.MyzeDivine

so you think achilles could take hercules?

#34 Posted by deuce85 (527 posts) -
I'd definitely put my money on Chuck Norris.
#35 Posted by MusashiSensi (9584 posts) -

I'd definitely put my money on Chuck Norris.deuce85

Ok. Look this chuck norris joke has run it's course. It's really corny.

#36 Posted by mjk_1 (13926 posts) -

[QUOTE="deuce85"]I'd definitely put my money on Chuck Norris.MusashiSensi

Ok. Look this chuck norris joke has run it's course. It's really corny.

no kidding, it never was funny actually.

#37 Posted by MyzeDivine (916 posts) -
[QUOTE="MyzeDivine"]

[QUOTE="el-tope-pr"][QUOTE="Truth-slayer"]Hercules should be a boss in God of War III.mjk_1

so you think achilles could take hercules?

If he knew about his own weakness, then maybe. Well, Achilles was from Homer's Illiad, and his invulnerability was only a "legend." It sounds stupid to say it like this, but if his invlunerability was "real" and he knew to guard his heel, there is nothing Hercules could do to him.

I would also think according to the mythology that Achilles was a much better fighter than Hercules, being the greatest Greek hero of the Trojan War. He killed Hector, the Trojan prince in a single attack, and Hector was supposedly one of the greatest warriors of the war. Achilles also was the only mortal to experience menis (menace, or consuming rage) which gave him the ability to fight so forcefully and with such passion, he could defy fate.

I'm sure if Achilles was put into GoW3, he would be given the invulnerability, and Kratos would have to stun him somehow, or keep pounding away till the game gives you a button sequence to somehow strike his heel. Either way, Kratos > both of them. ;) Both Achilles and Hercules were favored by the gods (although some mythology claims Apollo guided the arrows that hit Achilles's heel), so it's not likely they would fight each other, but it is very likely they would fight Kratos to protect their gods.

Also, by the way, another warrior, that would be lower than Hercules and Achilles, but has better story. They could have a scene where you find Odysseus on the island where he is seduced by Calypso. Kratos kills Odysseus, has sex with Calypso, then guts her and goes after Hercules/Achilles. It works, it fits!

#38 Posted by WongB (1701 posts) -
Spartans claim to be descendents of Hercules. So then Kratos is a descendent of mighty hercules. I'd got with Herc.
#39 Posted by MyzeDivine (916 posts) -

Spartans claim to be descendents of Hercules. So then Kratos is a descendent of mighty hercules. I'd got with Herc.WongB

Kratos also almost died to a barbarian in his normal form, who by the end of the game he can probably one-shot 5x over.

#40 Posted by Eman5805 (4494 posts) -

Don't worry. It's coming. With the PS3's horsepower, watch Herc spend most of the fight chuckin' building sized rocks at you while Kratos dices them up.

#41 Posted by princezero (202 posts) -

Kratos FTW lets think about it if hercules is far from kratos kratos will use blades of athena to slice him into 100 pieces if hercules in a close encnounter with kratos kratos will use his brutal kik a$$ skills and pwn hercules,hercules got the strength of 100 men so as kratos but kratos got long range advantage on hercules so kratos will win no doubt.

#42 Posted by Symphonycometh (9592 posts) -
[QUOTE="janti_hakouz"]

[QUOTE="NutZBouTChoC"]doesnt hurcules have the strength of 100 men. i think thats more then kratos so im putting my money of herculesBrainhunter

This poll simply won't do.

Blinded by favortism, of course most would think that Kratos can take out Herc....with help of course.:roll: