This topic is locked from further discussion.

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts

How do you think the KILLZONE 2 multiplayer is going to be set up? I think COD/Battlefield style only in the uber sence of it. I think it's going to be a madhouse with team dm. At least 32 players and lots of enviormental elements. I want the area to have huge impacts on statagy. If there is a defend a base mode the base needs to be decked out with real time cameras and pillboxes with turrets you could man.

Oh and finally blindfire that is actually blind. I don't want to see what I'm blind firing at cause it's supposed to be blind...

Customizing character's is a much at least a few different skins. Classes i don't think are needed, just a straight battle to the death. I want really desperate set ups with destructable enviorments. I want a thin plywood wall to splinter in a hail of gunfire and you could walk right though after you blew it down.

I also want a new spawn system not some thing where you "appear" maybe a drop ship comes and drops you off. maybe one objective in the map could be shoot down the troop carriors. There should be several objectives teams must try to meet.

Simply this must be epic.

On a side notekillzone servers still are running. and liberation mp is really fun.

pdizzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pdizzie
Member since 2004 • 115 Posts

This game will own the faces off of the *other fanboys

LONG LIVE PS3 & BLU-RAY!!! 

aaronaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 aaronaton
Member since 2003 • 743 Posts
apparently the the servers are like worlds;
if more people are winning matches with helghast then the maps will appear more run down as they are under helghan control.
if ISA are winning then apparently you may even see civilians in the maps who you have to protect at the start of the round.

this is easily down only because of blu-ray, they have to make 4 different variations of each map you see.

kiss kiss
jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

I hope for some flying vehicles and tanks...and massive 32-40 players match

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

At least 32 players and lots of enviormental elements. KaptainKernal

Considering how incredible the graphics already are for Killzone 2, I highly doubt it will have up to 32 players. Most likely around 16. But if it did have 32 players, that'd be pretty dang sweet.

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KaptainKernal

I would love to see the return of all the origional KILLZONE mp modes. I just loved assalt mode. But the base should be decked out with gadgets and cameras and pillboxes etc... etc... 8 v 8 is fine and all but 16 v 16 would be sweet. But in reality, if the mp maps are made correctly 8 v 8 can be just as intence as any 16 v 16. Just look at gears it makes 4 v 4 exciting, it's all in the map design.

I do really want a changing enviorment with bullets travelling through walls and taking out walls. maybe one map could start with two bases and an apartment complex in the middle. By the end of the match I want that building to be swiss cheese.

I really really hope for a new spawn system with a realistic drop ship instead of just appearing out of thin air.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
16 vs 16 maps on online games tend to get laggy.
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts

if more people are winning matches with helghast then the maps will appear more run down as they are under helghan control.
if ISA are winning then apparently you may even see civilians in the maps who you have to protect at the start of the round

this is easily down only because of blu-ray, they have to make 4 different variations of each map you see.

kiss kissaaronaton

was this actually confirmed? last i heard, this was just something that someone wanted included or a rumour... but its been a while since i last heard anything lol. correct me if im wrong :) (i hope i am)

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
I heard it can hold up to 60 players online!:P That would be great!
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
if ISA are winning then apparently you may even see civilians in the maps who you have to protect at the start of the round.

kiss kissaaronaton
Thats just a rumor.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

16 vs 16 maps on online games tend to get laggy.duane27

On what system? I've never had even the slightest lag on resistance 32 or 40 player games.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Before the game was shown I was thinking a huge multiplayer game (16 vs 16 ) and vehicles in it .......... BUT after it was shown with all of the destructable environments and particle effects I am thinking it will be an 8 vs 8 (max) type of multiplayer game.

I could be wrong though. We will just have to wait and see.

Avatar image for bob_the_can_man
bob_the_can_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 bob_the_can_man
Member since 2007 • 605 Posts

I honestly wouldnt want any more then 16 on 16. After that it just becomes dumb run and gun. Thats why i dont like resistance so much. 16 vs 16 is more then enough for me. Vegas only has 14 and it is the best online ive ever played. Probley a biased opinion because im really good at the game. MK.23 all the way.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

For the people hoping for 16 vs 16. Have you played the original KZ? 8vs 8 felt like to much when you MANAGED to get that much in a game on many of the smaller maps. (most of the maps were small anyway) 8v 8 only felt right with the big maps such as canyon. Park,core shaft, beach ect was pretty fun with 4v4 and 5v5 ect.

Obviously im talkign abotu team games. Deathmatch is awsome in a full game like in any game of course.

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
There is going to a system to revive your team mates. This is in game and in multiplayer. If one of ur squadmates get killed, you get a limited amount of time to administer a health pack injection and get him back up and running.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KaptainKernal

Meh, I think the devs will decide what works best. But still any thoughts about my spawn system idea? :P

I think the online will be epic though.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts
There is going to a system to revive your team mates. This is in game and in multiplayer. If one of ur squadmates get killed, you get a limited amount of time to administer a health pack injection and get him back up and running.WongB
Yeah i hope the do a good job of implementing this. Obviously if you get shot in the ehad, grenaded or exploded you cant be revived.