Killzone 3 Beta Starts on October 25th (PS plus only)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Yes, the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial really is coming! Just like its predecessor, the multiplayer mode forKillzone 3will be put through rigorous testing at the hands of the toughest, most demanding critics in existence: you, the fans. The Trial starts on October 25th and access is limited, so please read the following instructions carefully if you want to know how to secure a spot in the Public Beta:

• Be(come) a Plus subscriber
  • With the exception of a handful of key media partners and selected PAX feedback participants, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is limited to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you're not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now's the time to sign up!
  • Download the theme
  • On October 19th, an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will appear in the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. The first 10,000 Plus subscribers to download this theme (5,000 SCEA Plus subscribers and 5,000 SCEE Plus subscribers) will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.
  • Check your email
  • After you've downloaded the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on Oct. 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions through the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID. Make sure you've set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCE, or we won't be able to contact you.

Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios. In short, we're counting on you to help us improveKillzone 3! In return you'll get a good taste of the multiplayer mode, including its brand-new Operations game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I'll re-subscribe to PlaystationPlus for this. :)
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

First 5,000!?!?

Hmmmmm I'll subscribe just for this chance. Ill be refreshing the store all day :D.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
So wait! They're asking you to subscribe to Plus for a CHANCE to be in the beta?
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
So wait! They're asking you to subscribe to Plus for a CHANCE to be in the beta? Large_Soda
Its a closed beta.Hurry up and subscirbe to PS+ and get it. Sony can make $$$ outta this...
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MushroomWig
So wait! They're asking you to subscribe to Plus for a CHANCE to be in the beta? Large_Soda
It does suck, there's no real reason why PlaystationPlus should have anything to do with a beta, it's a way of making extra money. *sighs*
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Haha, yeah, that part turns it into an absolute joke. I'll download the theme and see if I get in - if only to waste one of those 5,000 spots. I regret ever buying Plus and I'm so burned out on first person shooters that a Killzone beta opportunity is the last thing I want.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Exactly PSN+ is such a ripoff.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MushroomWig

Exactly PSN+ is such a ripoff.[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]So wait! They're asking you to subscribe to Plus for a CHANCE to be in the beta? redskins2156

I wouldn't call it a rip off, you're still saving money in the long run for all the stuff that's available. It's still insane that we're forced to subscribe for a beta though.
iMojo786_PSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iMojo786_PSN
Member since 2010 • 1641 Posts

i knew Sony wont let us PLUS owners down, cant wait

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

kind of sucks. But im not getting the plus just for a demo. I can wait.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Ugh..... this is so stupid. I subscribed to PS+ because I wanted to get into betas. I want them to say "PS+ subscribers get in", no "PS+ subscribers mightget in". Eff that

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

duane27
That's good, because people like you and DJ_Lae stealing spots from people who will actually treat it like a beta and provide feedback (instead of play it for 5 minutes, say "this sucks", and never load it up again) only hurts the final product. It's not a demo, it's a beta.
justin01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 justin01
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

I played the KZ2 beta way back when, but now I need Plus to have a good chance at playing this one? Haha I don't think so.

Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts

so you have to pay money then hope to be the first 5,000 people.. wow..

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ_Lae
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="duane27"]

That's good, because people like you and DJ_Lae stealing spots from people who will actually treat it like a beta and provide feedback (instead of play it for 5 minutes, say "this sucks", and never load it up again) only hurts the final product. It's not a demo, it's a beta.

They only need a couple hundred decent beta testers to adequately test what they need. The other several thousand spots are just to promote PS+.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="duane27"]

They only need a couple hundred decent beta testers to adequately test what they need. The other several thousand spots are just to promote PS+.

Fine, but if you have no plan to be one of those couple hundred, then you're wasting their time and kinda being a douche to people who actually want in.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Thanks for the post! Awesome! :D

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

I could care less :(. I was going to buy Killzone 3 about 5 months ago, but lately I do not feel like playing ANY war based fps.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Don't they update the store by time-zone... starting on the west coast? If so, everyone on the east coast is kinda screwed. This should just be a perk for PS+ members... we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get something we were already promised at E3.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jshaas

I could care less :(. I was going to buy Killzone 3 about 5 months ago, but lately I do not feel like playing ANY war based fps.

Melpoe
What other kind of FPS is there?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Trade someone for this, I have a Dead Space 2 MP Beta code.

clruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clruff
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

Oh Sony now you're tempting me to get PS+. Damn you.....I must resist!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I was pretty upset when I read about it being PS plus only. I am not subscribed, and will not subscribe. I guess I will rely on the good people here for information on how it was :P.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DJ_Lae
Fine, but if you have no plan to be one of those couple hundred, then you're wasting their time and kinda being a douche to people who actually want in. The_Rick_14
That's true, it's not really punishing Sony for their completely inept handling of PS+, just people who are legitimately interested in the game. I wish there was a better way of doing the former.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
first 10,000.. thats BS.. not even gonna bother subscribing..
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hxczuner
Don't they update the store by time-zone... starting on the west coast? If so, everyone on the east coast is kinda screwed. This should just be a perk for PS+ members... we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get something we were already promised at E3.jshaas
No, it's a simultaneous update. It usually updates by 5pm est (2pm pst)
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

jshaas

Ones like Bioshock, Condemned, Borderlands..
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
[QUOTE="jshaas"][QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Melpoe

Those are boring... but conker, will there ever be a game that's like conker
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Noo PS+ members only! :x

Darn it Sony. You're killing me here.

Well, I have the Dead Space beta and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood beta if anybody wants to traded it up

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hxczuner

Noo PS+ members only! :x

Darn it Sony. You're killing me here.

Well, I have the Dead Space beta and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood beta if anybody wants to traded it up

tonitorsi

Well, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is open to all PS+ members now too, so good luck getting rid of that one :P

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jshaas
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="jshaas"] Oh, okay. That's good then. Maybe they'll tell us what time to expect the update so we can be ready.
[QUOTE="jshaas"][QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Melpoe

Ah yes.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

FINALLY! we get something worth having PS Plus for, that $50 wasnt a waste after all

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i cant wait :)
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Another beta.. I'm already full with Dead Space 2 and Assassin Creed 2 betas..

Ah well, might as well add it. 8)

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
YES!!! LOVE IT!
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ratchet_Fan8

Exactly PSN+ is such a ripoff.[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]So wait! They're asking you to subscribe to Plus for a CHANCE to be in the beta? redskins2156

Dev said: PS+ is your best bet to get into the beta,there (will/might/are) other ways
Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

It is a stupid idea.

I was so glad i got access to the ACB beta with my subscription (i had it with pre-order anyways, but hey)

But with the £40 annual fee, i think you should either give away the beta access or make it so that anyone, not just ps+ subscribers, can get access.

paying my £40 for a chance? that annoyed me. and that is the game i am most looking forward to in the next six months!

Not a happy chappy

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ratchet_Fan8

It is a stupid idea.

I was so glad i got access to the ACB beta with my subscription (i had it with pre-order anyways, but hey)

But with the £40 annual fee, i think you should either give away the beta access or make it so that anyone, not just ps+ subscribers, can get access.

paying my £40 for a chance? that annoyed me. and that is the game i am most looking forward to in the next six months!

Not a happy chappy

TroubleMaker411
AssCreed was close to its released date so it was for everyone.This is still early devolepment Beta/demo,and they need to keep the online under control
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TroubleMaker411

[QUOTE="TroubleMaker411"]

It is a stupid idea.

Not a happy chappy

Ratchet_Fan8

AssCreed was close to its released date so it was for everyone.This is still early devolepment Beta/demo,and they need to keep the online under control

And while i understand that, the point i was making is still valid.

to be honest, i will be hard put to get the theme downloaded in time to be one of the first 5000 as i am at work until long after the PSN update.

I understand the need for control over the beta, being that it appears to be a true beta, not a demo masquerading as a beta(MOH). So they need to make it that the first 5000 people that download it PERIOD get in, not expect people that want in to pay for the opportunity to MAYBE get in

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ratchet_Fan8

[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"][QUOTE="TroubleMaker411"]

It is a stupid idea.

Not a happy chappy

TroubleMaker411

And while i understand that, the point i was making is still valid.

to be honest, i will be hard put to get the theme downloaded in time to be one of the first 5000 as i am at work until long after the PSN update.

I understand the need for control over the beta, being that it appears to be a true beta, not a demo masquerading as a beta(MOH). So they need to make it that the first 5000 people that download it PERIOD get in, not expect people that want in to pay for the opportunity to MAYBE get in

lol,im 100% sure there will be a public demo before release in January..
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

This is good(the fact it exists) and bad (limited members).

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#43 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I hate beta's, they are so pointless seeing as they are representation of an unfinished product therefore showing loads of glitches, no need for a beta :roll:

TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TroubleMaker411

I hate beta's, they are so pointless seeing as they are representation of an unfinished product therefore showing loads of glitches, no need for a beta :roll:

Venom_Raptor

I love the idea of a beat, if its used as a beta should be.

A beta, especially for multiplayer, should be used to find glitches, test for console freezing, and test how well the servers hold up under stress.

If the KZ3 beta is for this, that's fine.

Being as this is a sony exclusive, and GG are a pretty good developer, i think that this will be the case (you only gotta look at how well KZ2 was beta tested, before beta access was common)

This aint gonna be no medal of honor "demo disguised as a beta" crap. I'm sure it'll be the real thing

stinkyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 stinkyfriend
Member since 2007 • 1325 Posts
F U PS+ i will never subscribe to you shouldnt have to pay for anything for all the money i have spent on Gaming.................
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TroubleMaker411

F U PS+ i will never subscribe to you shouldnt have to pay for anything for all the money i have spent on Gaming.................stinkyfriend

Luckily,

the DEMO will be free when it comes out

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

well i guess i wait im not just gone to buy plus for killzone 3 beta even though i do it only for this game.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Rick_14

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

TroubleMaker411

I love the idea of a beat, if its used as a beta should be.

A beta, especially for multiplayer, should be used to find glitches, test for console freezing, and test how well the servers hold up under stress.

If the KZ3 beta is for this, that's fine.

Being as this is a sony exclusive, and GG are a pretty good developer, i think that this will be the case (you only gotta look at how well KZ2 was beta tested, before beta access was common)

This aint gonna be no medal of honor "demo disguised as a beta" crap. I'm sure it'll be the real thing

Couldn't agree more. And Venom, trust me, game company's hate people like you in their beta wasting good tester space.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
There is no way I'm going to subscribe for plus to play a beta. But I'm in no rush anyway, I can wait. Heck I'm actually kinda glad I don't get to play this beta because I have a lot of games to finish.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#50 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Well, PS + Suscribers would love this offer.