Killzone 2, the reviews are completely misleading!!!

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 britishdude360
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

Just bought a ps3 a week ago, have played and completed uncharted 2 and this is properly the most impressive game ive played in a while, then i moved onto heavy rain which is the most different game ive ever played, ive never felt emotions playing a game like this, absoloutely amazing.
all good so far as youd properly agree, then killzone 2, im ready for another cracking ps3 exclusive and the reviews are raving at it.

the games well overhyped, well overrated and overall quite bad.

im ready for you guys to hate me which is cool, but what do you see in this game, the controls are awful, i mean its a hassle to press r3 all time just cause hip firing is fairy unaccurate, i mean why has the change from hip to close sight got to be so awkward as to me it seems quite an important game mechanic.

Gameplay is not what i expected, very glitchy at times aswell with everyloading screen turning my tv into pause mode for a sec enough to make you annoyed as it cant be overlooked because the game itself dosent help!

Graphics well yes can definitely be praised for, awesome detail and sounds not bad too

i think the reason im so annoyed is because ive played like the 2 best ps3 games out followed by anticipation and then followed by a huge disappoint.
react of course people but dont be too harsh :)

and btw im no fan boy, just open minded

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I agree with you. I bought the game because I liked the first one, and ended up hating Killzone 2. Multiplayer was mediocre, singleplayer was alright, and the only thing it had going for it were graphics.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

ITS AN OPINION WHY CAN NO ONE UNDERSTAND THIS!?>"?E£|EIHGWEDHF|AEihgsdugjbsjfd

That mix of letters was me just totally raging. Just in case anyone missed it...

REVIEWS ARE OPINIONS

REVIEWS ARE OPINIONS

Nothing personal against you britishdude (woo 3 cheers for Britain) but we get these threads all the time, even more so with Killzone 2. People dont realise that opinions are completely and utterly personal - you might share a similar opinion of something but theres always gonna be differences. Just 'cos 99/100 people say Killzone 2 is fun doesnt mean you're going to like it cos you might be like that 1 person. Rant over. (actually its not but I just cba to write more.)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

wow, that guy with the Halo avatar says that Kz2 sucks, what a surprise. Where exactly is the gameplay glitchy btw? I got through the story 2 times and never had any issue oO

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
change the control scheme then. ;)
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
Why is it that people find the concept of a difference of opinion so hard to grasp? You didn't like it, many other people did. It doesn't mean that the reviews were misleading or that the game is overrated.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I will not hate on you because hey, that is your opinion. But you are a little too late to the KZ2 bashing party.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

first of all, not every game is meant for every single person. and 2nd, the game to me and those who bought and others who might agree too, the game is simply awesome. i love the weight that they added on the gun and character so does everyone else. 3rd give it more time, play some more, get used to it and ull see how chaotic and fun the MP is. if u still dont like it then go back and read wat i said, the game isnt meant for everyone. BUT just cuz u hate it or think its awful doesnt make it bad or awful, thats just YOUR opinion on it. just like i have my own, that killzone 2 is the best shooter i have ever played, till kz 3 that is

P.S try changing the control setting, to MW2 or w.e game that u play has L1 for aim and R1 for shootin.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts

didn't read but saw a little something about controls so all i can say is change the control layout. there's like 6 different setups so u can pick any one u like

EDIT: just noticed he has a halo avi which brings a whole new level of lulz to the thread

rickybigboy83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rickybigboy83
Member since 2010 • 299 Posts

didn't read but saw a little something about controls so all i can say is change the control layout. there's like 6 different setups so u can pick any one u like

EDIT: just noticed he has a halo avi which brings a whole new level of lulz to the thread

AJC3317

ikr Lol

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
personally i loved the KZ2 controls, a higher learning curve weeds out the losers and noobs early on making the community generally better as a whole in my opinion..
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Forget the Halo avatar,he prob just got a PS3.That said you should check your control set ups,theres alot of them and one particularly like COD (which im guessing most of us are used to) and the game itself,just play it with love,trust me you'd get addicted.

It happened to me too

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I hated the default controls too.

But you can change them easily and never have to think about it again. There's like 6 or 7 different options, and one of them is pretty much the same control layout as COD/Bad Company (which I was already used too, I found it hard to adjust for a FPS with a completely different layout). Once the controls were fixed it was pretty solid game that lived up to the reviews IMO.

If you want to bash a PS3 exclusive shooter please bash Resistance 2. Now that game was overrated by reviews...

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

ITS AN OPINION WHY CAN NO ONE UNDERSTAND THIS!?>"?E£|EIHGWEDHF|AEihgsdugjbsjfd

That mix of letters was me just totally raging. Just in case anyone missed it...

REVIEWS ARE OPINIONS

REVIEWS ARE OPINIONS

Nothing personal against you britishdude (woo 3 cheers for Britain) but we get these threads all the time, even more so with Killzone 2. People dont realise that opinions are completely and utterly personal - you might share a similar opinion of something but theres always gonna be differences. Just 'cos 99/100 people say Killzone 2 is fun doesnt mean you're going to like it cos you might be like that 1 person. Rant over. (actually its not but I just cba to write more.)

Adziboy
roid rage
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Very glitchy? I don't remember a glitch...

It's a good game though.

Avatar image for polymetalalloy1
polymetalalloy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 polymetalalloy1
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

I never noticed any glitches with KZ2 maybe your ps3 was overheating after playing too long? The game handles very differently to other FPS shooters but that's what made it cool. You feel like you're wearing big bulky armor when you're moving and shot accuracy is difficult to master. I played the multiplayer to death when it came out, great reward system and fun community. I think the reviews were bang on, but I see your problem, it does handle very differently and if you're not prepared it might be a shock.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts
Opinons man. i have nothing against you.
IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
Member since 2009 • 723 Posts

hmm....Killzone 2 is one of my favorites FPS games on PS3

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#21 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I thought the single player was one of the worst I have played in a long time (I don't really play bad bad games but still). Multiplayer I really liked though.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

make your controls like this,and put the x-y axis to maximum

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vader993

alt 2 is

bigger pic

now are you happy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
i think the reason im so annoyed is because ive played like the 2 best ps3 games out followed by anticipation and then followed by a huge disappoint.britishdude360
No, you gotta play Demon's Souls as that is the best PS3 game. ;) But on topic, we like Killzone because the shooting is intense, and the art style is rad. idk, we just do.
smsnsimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 smsnsimba
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts
[QUOTE="britishdude360"]i think the reason im so annoyed is because ive played like the 2 best ps3 games out followed by anticipation and then followed by a huge disappoint.juden41
No, you gotta play Demon's Souls as that is the best PS3 game. ;) But on topic, we like Killzone because the shooting is intense, and the art style is rad. idk, we just do.

Agreed. and to add a little: I like that shooting from the hip sucks. . .it should unless you're close range. My favorite thing about the game is the way it feels when I'm shooting. The guns feel meaty and mean. The physics engine and lighting engine when you shoot people combined with muzzle blasts is insane. I giggle at the carnage. I could shoot people all day long. I do agree that the story is pretty lame, but stories in first person shooters have been lame since--well, forever. Multiplayer was fun too.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
OP makes a post about how he doesnt like game.... then ceases to comment on thread? Kinda hoaky to anyone else?
shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts
That's your opinion, and your opinion is one that differs greatly from the majority, which is okay but it doesn't mean the reviews are wrong. The game website official reviews are merely the opinions of people who can deconstruct and evaluate games well (hopefully) with a reasonably balanced viewpoint.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
personally i loved the KZ2 controls, a higher learning curve weeds out the losers and noobs early on making the community generally better as a whole in my opinion..PoisoN_Facecam0
Totally agre with this, the only comunity is superb, always end up coming back to it :)
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I wasn't a big fan of it either. I just don't care for pure shooters, there's no variety in the gameplay. Run around and shoot everybody until eventually there's nobody left and the credits roll. I liked the part where you were in the exoskeleton thing, but that only lasted a few minutes. The ending was a major pain and got so repetitious that it was a huge chore to finish it.

I used to like shooters back in the PS2 days, they had good stories and characters, a whole lot of variety in the environment and missions, they lasted a long time, and you really felt like you had accomplished something by the end. I just don't get that at all from today's shooters.

ZombiefiedZomB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZombiefiedZomB
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts
KZ2 was not that bad really compared to some other games.
Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#31 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
The review already stated everything that makes KZ2 different from other FPS, especially for its gameplay, MP and mediocre campaign. They praise the gameplay but they also nag about the unusual control scheme. U need to read the review carefully before bashing the reviewers. The score they give is alright since being too generous or too harsh to the game will affect the game sale too much and the SOLE reviewer wouldn't want to do that. I give KZ2 9.5 thus I want to give it 7.0 for it campaign.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#32 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Killzone 2 was an extremely average game with a pretty face.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

..YEA after playing Heavy Rain ... Story is great emotions ... to playing Killzone must have been a disapointment. I did not have any problems with KZ2 no glitches, loading screans were a bit long. but with out the story RUN AND GUN is exactly what this game is... TRUE that every FPS to some extent is the same well at least KZ2 had GREAT AI, still i just could not get into it.. no emotions no reason to kill these Hailghast on their home planet.

In fact I wanted to play the Hailghast to defend the planet. I think there would have been more to it given the HISTORY (found at Killzone.com)

This game was so stright foward that it did not draw me in. More like watching the history channel WW2 documentary than a High inpact movie like saving privite Ryan or other great war movie.

Don't get me wrong it was technically a good game, but thats it. I have high hopes for KZ3....

chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#34 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
You can change the controls to an L1/R1 aim shoot mechanic... and turn on high precision. It makes the controls great IMO.
Gau0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gau0123
Member since 2009 • 1010 Posts
I love this Killzone 2. I know it's your opinion and I can't change it, but when I started playing I didn't like it either. Well I didn't hate it, just wasn't comfortable. I kept playing it and now I very much love this game. In a shorter form, Just keep playing it and see how you feel.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Besides the controls (which you can change...) and the short freezing at loading times, what exactly are you hating on it for?

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vader993

I wasn't a big fan of it either. I just don't care for pure shooters, there's no variety in the gameplay. Run around and shoot everybody until eventually there's nobody left and the credits roll. I liked the part where you were in the exoskeleton thing, but that only lasted a few minutes. The ending was a major pain and got so repetitious that it was a huge chore to finish it.

I used to like shooters back in the PS2 days, they had good stories and characters, a whole lot of variety in the environment and missions, they lasted a long time, and you really felt like you had accomplished something by the end. I just don't get that at all from today's shooters.

Jackc8

you just descibed kz1

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I will not hate on you because hey, that is your opinion. But you are a little too late to the KZ2 bashing party.GrandJury
This. Really if you like KZ2 or not, its been out long enough for opinions to be well formed. If you bought into the hype and blindly bought the game expecting it to cure cancer and come with a lifetime supply of free beer...thats your fault. At this point, bashing KZ2 is about as fun as bashing MW2. Its been done a million times now. Accept that some people like it and others don't and move on.
britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 britishdude360

Hey guys thanks for the feedback, i did expect some harsh comments so thanks for that lol.
And by the way thanks to the guy that stood up for me saying forget bout avatar, he just got a ps3, because the truth is i have just bought it and havent given one thought about an avatar i had years ago.

And yes there is always changing control scheme, so will spend time with a new setup, and im hardly a noob cause i cant get to grips with the controls, the last game i played was i think battlefield on the xbox 360 which the two back buttons where the aim and shoot. Im obv just a unpateint person lol
And yeah the killzone 2 glitch, not really a glitch more of a techincal fault, like someone said a couple of comments above the freezing of the game for a split second when the loading logo is up on the left hand top side, its pretty much everyone i think gets this, ive reserarched it cause im quite ocd about expensive equibment and the majority of people experenced this during their game, so not really a glitch :)

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vader993

do you like the game now

britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 britishdude360

TO be honest not really, but ill complete it and hope it gets better for me

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts
Well I agree with OP, the core gameplay just doesn't do it for me. I prefer Borderlands to Killzone.
Xirmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Xirmi
Member since 2009 • 144 Posts

I didn't find Killzone 2 glitchy, and hip firing was more accurate for me than aiming down the sights (but that's just me). Also, you can easily change the controls if you want to. I did.

thecoolhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thecoolhh
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

I didn't really like the campaign but the online was fun. Not a game I really go back to but I enjoyed it.

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#45 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I to think you are entitled to your opinion so I'm cool with it. I loved the game but i did change the controls to what I liked.

Also Congrats on the PS3 purchase.

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

hey its cool, KZ2 is not for everybody. i personally think its one of the best FPS to come out in the last 5 years or so, but thats my opinion.

roflcopter317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 roflcopter317
Member since 2010 • 709 Posts
Well, mabey because it is exacly the same as the first one story and gameplay wise, and the only difference is graphics (the first one didn't get into the single A catagory). I think that would make it a bad game.
roflcopter317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 roflcopter317
Member since 2010 • 709 Posts

hey its cool, KZ2 is not for everybody. i personally think its one of the best FPS to come out in the last 5 years or so, but thats my opinion.

MFbronz
COFF *HALF LIFE 2 CALL OF DUTY* COFF
mannyboo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mannyboo22
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

Don't hate on the british guy. If I remember correctly he just got a ps3 and had just praised us (the ps3 forum) on how mature we were and then you guys go and ruin it :P anyways I agree with him to some extent. I too am pretty late to the whole KZ2 party. About a couple of weeks ago I bought Batman AA, DeadSpace and Killzone 2. I loved Batman. It was really good and I haven't had much time for Dead Space but I just really really dislike Killzone 2. The controls do seem off (not just the layout but the feel of them). I was quite disappointed.

If you all think I'm a troll you can go through my post history. I don't hate on any system and only have a wii and a ps3.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts
For me the biggest problem is that because the textures are so bland the blurred backgrounds mixed with intense violence started to give me motion sickness after about half an hour.