Killzone 2 Crash - Please Help my fellow PS3 owner

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3351 Posts

Please help regarding my killzone 2. Im on the stage where your comrades is kidnap and rico and sev needs to rescue them, theres a certain event where Killzone 2 Crashes, in the part where you just got electricity gun and ride on a large bucket, after you get off you will enter a small tunnel, everytime i enter, the game crashes, i just thought maybe my copy of KZ2 is broken or something, i just bought another copy of it, and guess what, the game crashes at the same event and time.. please help me whats wrong, both of my copy is region 1 and i my ps3 is bought from korea. i've played Region 1 disc and never had problems with it.. im so very disappointed. Please help.. thanks.

natemic18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 natemic18
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Huh yea i've heard about that happening, I made it through the campaign a couple times already and the game has never crashed so far so I don't know what's going on there, I'll let you know if i hear anything else about it, unless you've already figured out whats going on possibly.

___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ___gamemaster__

Huh yea i've heard about that happening, I made it through the campaign a couple times already and the game has never crashed so far so I don't know what's going on there, I'll let you know if i hear anything else about it, unless you've already figured out whats going on possibly.

natemic18

honestly i dont know man, is there a conflict between my ps3 and the disc itself? played many games before and beat it no prob, of all the game it happens with Killzone. :cry:

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
[QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

[QUOTE="natemic18"]

honestly i dont know man, is there a conflict between my ps3 and the disc itself? played many games before and beat it no prob, of all the game it happens with Killzone. :cry:

try deleting the game data (NOT THE SAVE GAME DATA), but in "Game Data Utility" in the XMB, go there and delete the kz2 game data. Start the game up, then you should be prompted to download the latest version of the game (1.24). THis may work, when codwaw kept freezing on me, i simply deleted the game data, it reinstalled, and i haven't had a problem since then with it frezing ;)
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ___gamemaster__

[QUOTE="natemic18"]

Doolz2024

try deleting the game data (NOT THE SAVE GAME DATA), but in "Game Data Utility" in the XMB, go there and delete the kz2 game data. Start the game up, then you should be prompted to download the latest version of the game (1.24). THis may work, when codwaw kept freezing on me, i simply deleted the game data, it reinstalled, and i haven't had a problem since then with it frezing ;)

i havent tried going online, and upon checking game data utility, theres no killzone 2 file there. sigh... :(

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Doolz2024

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

i havent tried going online, and upon checking game data utility, theres no killzone 2 file there. sigh... :(

oh nevermind then. if you aren't connected online, then you can't download patches for the game...I don't know what to tell you now :|
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ___gamemaster__

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"] try deleting the game data (NOT THE SAVE GAME DATA), but in "Game Data Utility" in the XMB, go there and delete the kz2 game data. Start the game up, then you should be prompted to download the latest version of the game (1.24). THis may work, when codwaw kept freezing on me, i simply deleted the game data, it reinstalled, and i haven't had a problem since then with it frezing ;)Doolz2024

oh nevermind then. if you aren't connected online, then you can't download patches for the game...I don't know what to tell you now :|

does patch affects gameplay of the game or just when playing online?

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Doolz2024

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

patches are for both single palyer AND multiplayer in some cases....
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ___gamemaster__

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"] oh nevermind then. if you aren't connected online, then you can't download patches for the game...I don't know what to tell you now :|Doolz2024

patches are for both single palyer AND multiplayer in some cases....

thanks bro will currently doing that.. hopefeully it works *fingers cross*

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

[QUOTE="natemic18"]

Doolz2024

i was gone say the samething...do it only crash on killzone 2...if its not that...maybe your blue ray drive is about to die

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

I've read quite a few forums where people mention this crash in the exact same spot. They probably have a patch for this, y'know? The tip Doolz gave you about deleting the data and letting it reinstall is exactly how everyone else was fixing it. So, maybe you have to connect to the internet so you can get the data in the first place. You probably just need that patch is all. Good luck.

___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ___gamemaster__

I've read quite a few forums where people mention this crash in the exact same spot. They probably have a patch for this, y'know? The tip Doolz gave you about deleting the data and letting it reinstall is exactly how everyone else was fixing it. So, maybe you have to connect to the internet so you can get the data in the first place. You probably just need that patch is all. Good luck.

Nephilim83
just install latest patch and still its crashing on the same event in the game.. maybe i should give up on finishing kz2 campaign now...
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ___gamemaster__

even patch 1.25 didnt fix the crash.. tried 3 different copy already and it do crash on the same event.. what is the problem here i dont get it.. :evil:

WorldOfHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 WorldOfHurt
Member since 2006 • 5397 Posts

I had a repeating lock-up on that level : just after you get out of the lift, before the battle with the Hig Heavy.

In the end (and it took me about 100 attempts) I discovered that if I sprinted through the lock-up point, it kicked off a cut-scene and I was off again.

Don't know if it's any help for your problem, though.:?

___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ___gamemaster__

I had a repeating lock-up on that level : just after you get out of the lift, before the battle with the Hig Heavy.

In the end (and it took me about 100 attempts) I discovered that if I sprinted through the lock-up point, it kicked off a cut-scene and I was off again.

Don't know if it's any help for your problem, though.:?

WorldOfHurt

tried sprinting but after the loading it crashes.. i've tried 3 different copies so far but it keeps crashing... what am i gonna do??!? :cry:

charx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 charx2
Member since 2004 • 203 Posts

Try calling both Sony and GG.

___gamemaster__

Forum Posts