Killzone 2 controls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

asianator007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 asianator007
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hey everyone, id like to get everyones opinion on the killzone 2 controls. i heard that it is slower to walk and to aim than other games. this is a game i might get, it seems pretty good and the online seems intense.
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

I liked them, personally. Not positive, but nearly positive, that you could alter the speed at which you aimed (eg: the speed at which the reticle moved in response to input from the right analog stick. There's a word for it, which someone else will point out I'm sure (please do, fyi)) could be adjusted too. I liked the default speed though. It was quick enough to lock in right quick on an enemy but not too quick that I was over shooting my target. I found it struck a great balance between quickly finding my next victim and finding the sweet spot with comfortable ease.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I agree, the controls are slow but I only played the Demo, so I didnt have time to get used to it. I think you would adapt to it if you play it longer just like every other game so i'll buy it if I were you.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
It's odd at first but you get use to it after a bit.
Ultramarine777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Ultramarine777
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

To me it feels just right. They had a patch before to fix it anyways.

Spoogei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spoogei
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

I find it a bit clunky, but I think that is what they want. It's funny, as I just blogged about getting used to the KZ2 controls from coming off another game.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

There's a heaviness to the movement, like you're wearing a giant space suit. Personally, I don't have a problem with the controls, but a lot of people complain about a sort of lag with the movement. I don't notice it.

saintpatrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 saintpatrice
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

There's a heaviness to the movement, like you're wearing a giant space suit. Personally, I don't have a problem with the controls, but a lot of people complain about a sort of lag with the movement. I don't notice it.

Generic_Dude
Yeah I don't really notice it either. The controls are just vastly different from any other shooter. There's a certain "heavy" feel to em and I think it's great. I love me some killzone =)
Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

I'm not at all bothered by the controls (I play on highest sensetivity), what is weird though, is the fact that the campaign has the little delay (obviously to make it more cinematic feeling) but the multiplayer doesn't have that little delay in the turning or movement.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It's odd at first but you get use to it after a bit.n00bkid

Agreed.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

u get used to it and u can change the intensity and actual controls so yeah GET THAT GAME!!!

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

thats what i had problems with the controls...but after playing it for awhile i got yous to it

techzilla77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 techzilla77
Member since 2009 • 234 Posts
Fortunately for me I replayed the demo about 15 times before getting the game. I had pretty much gotten used to the controls by purchase time, minus a few things I found out later on, but overall in comparison to lets say COD 4 or 5 slighty different but pretty much every FPS has its own tweaks. It was a great experience to me learning a slightly different setting. Great, Great game. No matter what after a short while you get used to it like you would in any game. I really don't understand what the fuss is. I don't want every game to have the same feel anyway. Killzone 2 gets away from the usual which was perfectly fine with me.
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

I never got used to the controls. It feels like you are running in mud with barbells hanging from your gun. I gave it so many chances, and I just never had fun. Honestly, if any other FPS got released with those control issues, then it would have been crucified. However, since KZ2 seems to be the mediocre selling second coming of Jesus, it was quickly forgiven.

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

If you like to just run up on people COD like then no you won't like it. If you've played Gears of War when you run you can't make quick turns which kinda how K2 is. I personally didn't like Gears but really enjoy K2.

TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts
KZ2 controls feel great .
Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Erik729
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

It's called SENSITIVITY and yes, you can change it; however, there is always a slower start to how your gun moves, kind of imagine your character's head tied to a loose rope to your controller's right analog stick, when you press right, the wave travelling down the rope is how your character turns...if you can understand that...don't feel bad if you don't, probably noone can. Anyway, I personally love the controls, they feel great, and easy to get used to, about a half hour in and you won't even notice it.

Don't listen to the bit*hing that goes on about it. And online, you are at no disadvantage, because everyone's game controls the same. After playing K2 I think games like COD4 just feel like videogames.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts

I thought at times that the controls were terrible, the shooting was difficult to aim, the movement was slow and you couldn't zoom in further when you're using the sniper whilst in cover, other wise the game is awesome though

Chronospherics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chronospherics
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
They are kind of slow and clunky if you've been playing something like Call of Duty 4 for a while. I actually quite like how it handles for off the hip aiming and general movement, my only issue is with the deadzone with mostly effects weapons when sighted. Sometimes it's difficult for you to get onto your target assuming there moving and due to the deadzone it's definitely not an easy task to trace your target with something like say a sniper rifle. Which is an issue considering how sniper rifles on Killzone apparently require small amounts of lead on moving targets. But I think otherwise Snipers may risk being overpowered especially on specific maps. Plus you do get used to it to an extent. I love how you move and aim off the hip on killzone 2 though, it's great. Just some minor deadzone issues within sighted/zoomed views.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I think its a combination of the DS3 and the in game controls. The DS3 isn't really made for shooters.

Tony_17_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Tony_17_2006
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts
@asianator007 its not slow when your in a battle with some 1 also there is a speed up perk you unlock as you play more online aswell as other perks you have to remember that your a soldier with heavy gear on if u want unrealistic get cod waw like every other person but the point is how many soldiers in iraq on tv when they are in a gun fight do you see running in full get at 20mph?
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Basically, what it comes down to is that you should either rent or borrow KZ2 before dropping $60 on it. I wish that I would have. I could have saved myself $60, because the sluggish and inaccurate controls just never got fun for me, and I'm an avid fps fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

I like the controls, but that's probably because it's the first game that I completely PWN online.

XRED_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XRED_0
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts
I personally didn't like it, especially the acceleration factor in the looking/aiming end. In other words, I didn't like that if i snapped the stock to the right it would go slowly at first and then move faster. I personally like a consistent rate of view.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

i don't know why ppl are complaining about the controls, there is nothing wrong them, i didn't even cross my mind that there was a problem with the controls

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

It takes a while to get used to, but yeah, I like them. It makes it feel very realistic, as you actually feel heavy and therefore take time to jump.

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
It's odd at first but you get use to it after a bit.n00bkid
the only answer there is...
shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

i like the controls, and you can change them under settings or options, cant remeber, havent played it in a while...

Chronospherics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chronospherics
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

I think its a combination of the DS3 and the in game controls. The DS3 isn't really made for shooters.

gago-gago
Is it possible if I ask what 'the DS3' is, without sounding stupid?
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

The controls are liek any other shooter. Once you get used to them your good to go.

oreojones18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 oreojones18
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts
i like them enough, you can actually change them to what ever u like, like resistence or call of duty
flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts

^ Are you sure? I rented it when it first came out and couldn't change the control settings similar to COD4 (L2+R1 to shoot).

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

I like the way you move but not the way you turn/look. Sure it gives you kind of a heavy feel, like there's actually a weight. But it makes it way to hard to aim, you get used to it after a while but it still not as good as in other games. I don't like it when the difficulty of a game is determined by slow/clunky controlls.

Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

the controls and sensitivity can be changed in the options but this game is awesome. 1st game i got yesterday with my ps3 and its great online. must buy.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

I did increase the sensitivity and found it to be very nice. It takes a bit getting used to, but they have tweaked it to make it easier than before. I like the controls and feel that a lot of people complained because they weren't instant pros like they were at COD. It feels good to get kills in Killzone.

buehler_evan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 buehler_evan
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

when i played the demo, i was having trouble with the controls. i just got the game today and by the 2nd mission, i got used to the controls. Im pretty sure they patched the controls online and i noticed it was a lot easier for multiplayer. My point is GET THE GAME! The multiplayer itself is worth the money.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

^ Are you sure? I rented it when it first came out and couldn't change the control settings similar to COD4 (L2+R1 to shoot).

flipknoc
Yes you can. Switch it to "Alternate 2." Its EXACTLY like the COD4 setup. There are either 4 or 6 control styles to choose from (maybe six, but I stopped when I got to Alternate 2 myself) there is a control setup for everyone. Also you can change sensitivity of both X and Y axis, and they have the new 'High Precision' option.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

I like the way you move but not the way you turn/look. Sure it gives you kind of a heavy feel, like there's actually a weight. But it makes it way to hard to aim, you get used to it after a while but it still not as good as in other games. I don't like it when the difficulty of a game is determined by slow/clunky controlls.

ikwal
Dude if you aren't turning fast enough then crank up the sensitivity on your 'X' axis.
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts

To me it feels just right. They had a patch before to fix it anyways.

Ultramarine777
yup. They actually had 2 patches that updated the aiming. Its the single player that has the "slow" aiming. It feels different online. I encourage you to buy KZ2. Dont let the trash talk on aiming keep you from enjoying its awsome campaign and its addictive online.