killzone 2 controls!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts

isnt it amazing that before killzone 2 came out, the cod franchise had set the standard when it came to solid,fluid, responsive , nearly perfect controls. then killzone 2 is released with its sluggish,slow, delayful(hope thats a word) controls and now cod is weak all of a sudden. cmon people i know some of u want a ps3 exclusive that is great but dont convince yourself that this game is the way every game should be.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
who said that cod was weak? are you trying to troll?
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Different styles. Killzone is more realistic while CoD is fast and intense controls.
Karaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Karaam
Member since 2005 • 678 Posts
I don't think we want every game to be like that, its just a different feel for a gun that we haven't played before and we are appreciative of that. We don't want every game to be this way, we are just happy to get something different than a COD4 clone. Plus, its joyful when we get familiar with it and get easy kills, it feels gratifying. So we like every game that tries to do something different, here is one, and that makes us happy, not demanding of setting it as a standard.
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
MORE REALISTIC, oh my bad, i must have missed firing those killzone guns at basic training.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
I really hope I'm not the only who predicted there would be a controversy on the controls before the game was released.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
MORE REALISTIC, oh my bad, i must have missed firing those killzone guns at basic training.cLAssic_BLUE
He didn't mean the actual weapons. He meant that Killzone is more realistic in the way it controls. In CoD you can aim and hit targets quick and effortlessly and way to easily. In Killzone it actually takes effort to eye up and aim on an enemy.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Funny how some of you people NEED to complain about Something, ANYTHING.

I'm not a big FPS player (Bioshock, Half-Life 2 and Resistance so far this gen) and I've never ever tried a Call of Duty game.

I don't have a similar game I can compare it to, except Resistance being a good game.

My take on KillZone 2 controls : Great.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
[QUOTE="BaraChat"]

Funny how some of you people NEED to complain about Something, ANYTHING.

I'm not a big FPS player (Bioshock, Half-Life 2 and Resistance so far this gen) and I've never ever tried a Call of Duty game.

I don't have a similar game I can compare it to, except Resistance being a good game.

My take on KillZone 2 controls : Great.

i feel exactly the same way. word for word pretty much. the complaint i see about the controls is how they're NOT like some other game. well guess what? KILLZONE IS NOT THOSE GAMES! IT'S A DIFFERENT GAME!!!!!
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

Lets get a few things straight

controller lag in KZ2 does NOT equal "realism"

COD4/5 is NOT killzone ...both have pros and cons

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
KZ2 IS NOT RUN AND GUN! GET OVER IT! the controls work perfectly for the tactical cover based gameplay...
Darth_Cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darth_Cola
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts

i think the games fine it was exactly what ive been waiting for giving me reason to actually use the system ( my ps3 )instead of a media player. killzone rocks everything about it. i was blowin away watching that dropship come down in the begining and fly through the smoke and that smoke like interacted to it and swooshed i was like wholey *hit lol wow. And this was during gameplay... i aint ever seen that stuff before anyways i kinda got sidtract so yea how bout u stop whinning bout the controls get used to em like we do for every other game and enjoy it for what it is a kick *ss game with killer multiplayer!

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
This controller "lag" as you call it may not = realism but it is more realistic than the lightning fast speed and reflexes in CoD 4 especially. One is simple more realistic than the other. This is not necessarily better or worse but it is what it is.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
It's kinda interesting how these things bother gamers so much these days. Back in the day if something was kinda not what you want it to be you learn to adapt. Sure there is a bit of a lag when you move, but so what? It doesn't break the game and lots of people have learned to adapt to it online. Look at all the people getting like 100-30 something kdr. It's not by frigging accident.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
It's kinda interesting how these things bother gamers so much these days. Back in the day if something was kinda not what you want it to be you learn to adapt. Sure there is a bit of a lag when you move, but so what? It doesn't break the game and lots of people have learned to adapt to it online. Look at all the people getting like 100-30 something kdr. It's not by frigging accident. sa10kun
QFT... its like alot of people today expect all FPS to have identical feel/play style as COD... thats just messed up..
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
[QUOTE="sa10kun"]It's kinda interesting how these things bother gamers so much these days. Back in the day if something was kinda not what you want it to be you learn to adapt. Sure there is a bit of a lag when you move, but so what? It doesn't break the game and lots of people have learned to adapt to it online. Look at all the people getting like 100-30 something kdr. It's not by frigging accident. americahellyeah
QFT... its like alot of people today expect all FPS to have identical feel/play style as COD... thats just messed up..

thats why they are going for the 6th cod game :P i havent played the full game but yeah there is some lag on the demo and so what?? dont play it then, we wont miss you
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
I love the controls on KZ2. Each gun handles differently and there is a lot of weight in the movements. I will admit that it took time for me to adapt to the control scheme but this is why I love this game. It is different in the way it controls.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sa10kun

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="sa10kun"]It's kinda interesting how these things bother gamers so much these days. Back in the day if something was kinda not what you want it to be you learn to adapt. Sure there is a bit of a lag when you move, but so what? It doesn't break the game and lots of people have learned to adapt to it online. Look at all the people getting like 100-30 something kdr. It's not by frigging accident. psyum

thats why they are going for the 6th cod game :P i havent played the full game but yeah there is some lag on the demo and so what?? dont play it then, we wont miss you

psyum, You should really try the full game. The single player campaign has lots of great set pieces and the online is fun.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psyum

[QUOTE="psyum"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"] QFT... its like alot of people today expect all FPS to have identical feel/play style as COD... thats just messed up..sa10kun

psyum, You should really try the full game. The single player campaign has lots of great set pieces and the online is fun.

yeah I know, but no money right now :( i will get it by mid march :)
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sa10kun
[QUOTE="sa10kun"]

[QUOTE="psyum"] thats why they are going for the 6th cod game :P i havent played the full game but yeah there is some lag on the demo and so what?? dont play it then, we wont miss youpsyum

yeah I know, but no money right now :( i will get it by mid march :)

If you decide by then for some reason that you don't want it you should at least give it a rental. I'm short on cash now too so I rented it and will be buying it later.

Ubersoldat87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ubersoldat87
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

Im a soldier in the swedish army and we're trained to make quick and clean shots and i can tell the killzone to issue is not realistic. A good soldier can aim so quickly compared to killzone

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psyum
[QUOTE="Ubersoldat87"]

Im a soldier in the swedish army and we're trained to make quick and clean shots and i can tell the killzone to issue is not realistic. A good soldier can aim so quickly compared to killzone

[/QUOTE a good soldier wouldnt be plyin games :P no just kidding :P anyways i love the gme:D

well the demo at least

Avatar image for modestkraut1291
modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 modestkraut1291
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts

kz2 controls are just normal controls. theres nothing new or revolutionary about them.

cover system - gears has it.

aiming down sights - cod has it.

using joystick to move - everygame has it?

whats new? seriously.

im not dissing the game in any way just saying that i think its average fps. graphics are amazing but now what were talking about.

and u guys were talking about realism, why? i find it so boring and dumb for games to be realistic.

KZ2 for instance, the guns are shaky and very hard to manage while firing.

i personally play games for the zany unrealistic crap that happens.

what next? a game where i get to sip coffee and eat burnt toast then go to work? OOOO AAHHHH fun stuff.

Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 224385652654335052701865008979
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts
I shoot heavy rifles with my father 4 times a year in the desert. This lag is not realistic at all.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sa10kun

kz2 controls are just normal controls. theres nothing new or revolutionary about them.

whats new? seriously.

im not dissing the game in any way just saying that i think its average fps. graphics are amazing but now what were talking about.

and u guys were talking about realism, why? i find it so boring and dumb for games to be realistic.

what next? a game where i get to sip coffee and eat burnt toast then go to work? OOOO AAHHHH fun stuff.

modestkraut1291

You act like gears is the first game to use cover and cod is the first to use sights. Haha.

The thing that is great about the game is the immersion and attention to detail. The guns feel meaty and the firefights are intense. Realism isn't a good way to describe the game. Like the developers said its a kind of hollywood realism. People kind of want everything to feel like cod. If they can just get over the slight lag they'll see what is so great about the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 224385652654335052701865008979
[QUOTE="modestkraut1291"]

whats new? seriously.

sa10kun

Sorry, but in real life, foot soldier guns are not meaty. they are light and generally have a pretty manageable kick. please do research. The only real kick that caused me to go crazy like the kick in KZ2 were weapons that i shoulder mounted that should have been on tripods like 50cal.

You act like gears is the first game to use cover and cod is the first to use sights. Haha.

The thing that is great about the game is the immersion and attention to detail. The guns feel meaty and the firefights are intense. Realism isn't a good way to describe the game. Like the developers said its a kind of hollywood realism. People kind of want everything to feel like cod. If they can just get over the slight lag they'll see what is so great about the game.

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
Oh no these threads aren't overflowing from the KZ2 forum are they?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 224385652654335052701865008979

Oh no these threads aren't overflowing from the KZ2 forum are they?KG86

actually, this one is unique. Some one is trying to compare KZ2 delay to real life.

posting this on a broad forum like this is perfect fodder for ownage.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sa10kun

[QUOTE="KG86"]Oh no these threads aren't overflowing from the KZ2 forum are they?PhysicsLCP

actually, this one is unique. Some one is trying to compare KZ2 delay to real life.

posting this on a broad forum like this is perfect fodder for ownage.

I think he was talking about how the mods have been locking all the kz2 threads since there is a sticky.

I wasn't calling the lag their way of being realistic. I was just kinda saying that the game is still very playable and great.

Stark1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stark1177
Member since 2003 • 200 Posts
The slight lag is there to give you the feeling that your a heavy soldier you have 100+lb of stuff on you, the aiming you have to be precise it doesn't give you any leeway, makes it more challenging
0diablo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 0diablo0
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts

Hey guess what!

You can change both the X and y axis sensitivity. It helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

isnt it amazing that before killzone 2 came out, the cod franchise had set the standard when it came to solid,fluid, responsive , nearly perfect controls. then killzone 2 is released with its sluggish,slow, delayful(hope thats a word) controls and now cod is weak all of a sudden. cmon people i know some of u want a ps3 exclusive that is great but dont convince yourself that this game is the way every game should be.

cLAssic_BLUE
I guess you never played halo, halo perfected FPS console controls.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

hate to break it too you buddy but controls dont make the game great

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
[QUOTE="modestkraut1291"]

whats new? seriously.

sa10kun

Gear was not the first to use the cover system , but they made it their own , the quality was brilliant. Even better in gears 2. and I agree with you, everyone has to buy Valkyria Chronicles !
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

I've never heard anyone say anything about CoD controls vs KZ 2 till now.

sonynhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sonynhater
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

more realistic, hmmmm... i'm sure that we all have been in combat and actually know what its like to shot and be shot by weapons that can kill you

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts
realistic is going a bit too far, try weight. the kind of weight that gears of war has on their controls, i like it, i wudn't say its better or worse than cod, just different style of play
miguelplf_lite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 miguelplf_lite
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

Off course the lag isn´t realistic, and in real life i thinkwe can turn and aim faster than in the game even when carrying that kinda wait but at least the running and jumping mechanic do feelsrealistic and as if you were carrying quite some weight, which in real life you´d probably do............and to all those who are trying to compare the game´s shootingto real life shooting and do have shooting experience, cause i personally don´t, let me just ask:

In real life when you shoot a rifle it does have RECOIL right? and the weapon does SHAKE right? and that actually makes it harder to aim in longer bursts of fire rather than short bursts because of the recoil right?

I mean please answer these questions.............cause it´s obvious the lag isn´t realistic but as far as the heavy feeling while moving and the recoil goes, it does seem much MORE REALISTIC to me than the other fps I´ve played. (Never played COD before, but played resistance 1 & 2, and many shooters for the ps2 including timesplitters, medal of honor andsome other ones).

And please don´t try to compare the game with real war, that´s just dumb, real war isn´t fun, it´s just full of despair and pain so just keep it to the emulation of shooting part please.

jev55_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jev55_basic
Member since 2002 • 145 Posts

Honestly I really, really want to like Killzone 2. But it just isn't fun to me.....all of the multiplayer functions, and a great single player game are kinda put to waste because of how badly this game controls. I don't care what anyone says, right now the game isn't fun. I'm not saying I want COD4 controls. Other FPS games that have come out like FEAR2, HAZE, and even the Rainbow Six games all still feel like a shooter. It isn't a terrible, terrible pain to actually aim on someone. This game though...........idk......I picked it up on Friday and was really excited but now I'm just kinda "ehhhh" The fact that I even have to worry about whether the controls are good or bad really says something about the game. I think this game will fall exactly the way the original Killzone did. A select few will swear by it, and everyone else will run away as soon as COD6 comes out this fall.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I feel the controls of both games are great. I don't have a problem with either one.
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts

Yup, the controls are slower and meatier. I like them. Same way as I like the CoD controls when I'm playing that.

Dunno about everyone else, but I don't really want all games to control the same.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

cLAssic_BLUE
ppl complain about controls, because its omg 0.00001seconds slower than other games, or you dont like once in a while to do the sixaxis motion when you speen that wheel thing. huh? whats the deal, so what if its slower, the jumping is better feels like the guy actually weighs somethings, and other control buttons r fine
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
theres nothing wrong with the controls, i'm sick of people whining about how slow the controls are compared to CoD4/5. Get use to it or don't play the game at all!
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

Honestly I really, really want to like Killzone 2. But it just isn't fun to me.....all of the multiplayer functions, and a great single player game are kinda put to waste because of how badly this game controls. I don't care what anyone says, right now the game isn't fun. I'm not saying I want COD4 controls. Other FPS games that have come out like FEAR2, HAZE, and even the Rainbow Six games all still feel like a shooter. It isn't a terrible, terrible pain to actually aim on someone. This game though...........idk......I picked it up on Friday and was really excited but now I'm just kinda "ehhhh" The fact that I even have to worry about whether the controls are good or bad really says something about the game. I think this game will fall exactly the way the original Killzone did. A select few will swear by it, and everyone else will run away as soon as COD6 comes out this fall.

jev55_basic
Did you even play this game past the first mission. No1 is perfectly comfortable with controls at first, just play the damn game, there really is very little to hate about it.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sa10kun

[QUOTE="sa10kun"][QUOTE="modestkraut1291"]

whats new? seriously.

scottiescott238

Gear was not the first to use the cover system , but they made it their own , the quality was brilliant. Even better in gears 2. and I agree with you, everyone has to buy Valkyria Chronicles !

Yea but I wasn't making the argument that gears didn't do it well. I was just disagreeing with the guy that said gears did it first. He made really stupid arguments to say that the game isn't anything new.

uses cover-gears did it first(haha)

uses sights-cod did it first(lol)

uses joystick to move(wtf?!)

He had really lame arguments.