kill zone and resistance

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rogun12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rogun12
Member since 2012 • 41 Posts

Hi i have a few question about those game since i went to check them earlier but i wasn't sur about it.

1) how did you find those ? I know they are recommended games for ps3 but they seems quite the same gameplay
2) do you need to play the first game to understand the story ? Cause the first game seems to have horrible graphic
3)How is the story of those games ?
4) If you had to choose one wich would you choose ?

Since i didn't know wich to get i bought Batman arkram city cuz it was quite cheap and everybody say it's a really good game but more i look at it more i want to return it don't know why.

thanks !

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44689 Posts
Go with Killzone now that the Killzone Trilogy is available, includes the first game in HD as well so you won't be forced to miss out on anything. I wouldn't recommend playing the Resistance games, I personally thought they were horrible games.
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

killzone has a epic story line. resistance i did not like

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
I skipped the first killzone, personally i couldn't handle the HD version it still looked like i would go blind from it. however killzone 2 and 3 were great fun and strongly suggest playing them. as for the resistance games first one was pretty fun had offline co-op and i still sometimes go back to it for memories, the 2nd one i have only played it once and probably would not play it again. But however the 3rd one..... much better than the other 2 (you could probably be able to just play the 3rd one and be fine)
beechy1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beechy1988
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I have played through both and I would recommend Killzone. Epic, hectic shoot outs and a pretty good story for an fps

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
both series are fantastic i prefer killzone series go for it
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like both series.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Killzone 2 and 3 are amazing games, despite not having strong stories.

Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 3 are great, though Resistance 2 is severely disappointing.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#9 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
They're both decent shooters, nothing more or less. I haven't been attached to either series.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Hi i have a few question about those game since i went to check them earlier but i wasn't sur about it.

1) how did you find those ? I know they are recommended games for ps3 but they seems quite the same gameplay 

Their gameplay are totaly different. 

2) do you need to play the first game to understand the story ? Cause the first game seems to have horrible graphic

No, its pretty basic stuff, both games arent deep with story.

3)How is the story of those games ?

They arent all that special, If I were you I would just simpley get R3 and KZ3 and forget about the previous games.

4) If you had to choose one wich would you choose ?

IDK the are both equalliy worth it. Just get both R3 and KZ3. R3 is more "fun" single player to me, but KZ3 has the better multiplayer.

Since i didn't know wich to get i bought Batman arkram city cuz it was quite cheap and everybody say it's a really good game but more i look at it more i want to return it don't know why.

thanks !

rogun12

Resistance 3 was my favorite shooter of 2011, great game, just crappy multiplayer (well the mp was fun for the first 2 months, but after that it wasnt worth playing anymore).

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
They're both pretty generic shooters. In other words: the stories are derivative and pretty much inconsequential to the action, if not altogether non-existent, and the actual gameplay is just about like every other FPS you've ever played. Killzone is basically Call of Duty in space - complete with Space Nazis/Commies - and Resistance is the poor man's Halo. Between the two, I thought Resistance was the better series, both in terms of atmosphere and enemy variety. The first Resistance was painfully dull (even playing co-op) and, in my opinion, sloppy in execution. Resistance 2 seems almost universally despised, but I actually thought it was the best entry in the series, because it probably had the best sci-fi/horror vibe and every chapter/level ended with either a pretty awesome boss battle or an epic firefight. And Resistance 3 felt like a compromise between R1 and R2, while serving as a worthy evolution and end to the series. If you skipped the first game, you'd lose a little backstory, but you ultimately wouldn't miss anything.