Just tried the Ragnarok Odyssey demo and wow talk about luving the game :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

I had no idea what Ragnarok Odyssey even was until coming across the demo and I just luv the game!! I luv epic hard boss fights and this game seems like it has a whole lot going on, what is the full game like? does it have online? and how long does it take to finish?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm curious too, though my initial impressions of the demo are pretty much the exact opposite, with me hoping there's more to it than the barebones quest structure that seems to be the entire game. Game seems really shallow and I'm hoping it's just the demo giving a poor impression.
A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

It is my fav game atm. The best part about it is the 4 player online co-op, especially against bosses. Weapon and card hunting is addicting imo. There is suppose to be new weapon and missions DLC to be announced too. It is a really good game to have.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#4 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I share DJ-Lae's thoughts about the demo. The combat just felt awful to me. As in, you have to watch your character do his move before you can do anything(they feel somehow longer than Monster Hunter!), and there's no sense of progression or chaining to attacks. Maybe I'd have to try a different character class, but considering I picked the one with the highest agility, I was left pretty disappointed with how clunky everything felt. Monster Hunter gets by with its slow animations because every one is totally predictable, and controls are always accurate. Not to mention that tactics and attack placement are so important. This ends up feeling slow and clunky, and the combat is far from tactical from what I could tell.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

I had no idea what Ragnarok Odyssey even was until coming across the demo and I just luv the game!! I luv epic hard boss fights and this game seems like it has a whole lot going on, what is the full game like? does it have online? and how long does it take to finish?

Totalgym9000

Really well If I am not a Ragnarok Online Fan I might not like it, then it's like Phantasy Star and Monster Hunter gameplay that attracts me a lot.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]

DeviIHuman

Really well If I am not a Ragnarok Online Fan I might not like it, then it's like Phantasy Star and Monster Hunter gameplay that attracts me a lot.

Same here. I loved Ragnarok Online and probably have my nostalgia goggles when I see this game. I think this game's "meh" specially if you loved the depth of MH mechanics and was never a fan of Ragnarok Online. In the end it's up to you and thank God there's a demo at the very least.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I am currently playing it. It is pretty good. It stays solid in what it sets out to do, but it is quite generic. Pretty graphics, decent music, and fun h&s fighting. It does have a very shallow story though IMO. I went in blind with this one and I don't regret it. However, I am about halfway through chapter 3 and it is getting very, very repetitive. It is a hack and slash though so that is a given. I would give it like a 6.5 - 7 so far as nothing has blown me away. I doubt the game will have any pinnacle moment to remember it down the road. I think I have seen mostly everything this game offers, but I could be wrong. Just my 2 cents.

The_King82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_King82
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

My inital impressions of the demo were "meh". Whatever, I got Persona 4: Golden coming in today.

lalalei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lalalei
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

it's fun online but pretty boring solo. the only thing that is bad is sometimes you can't find people to help complete the quest you need (i.e. if you like to play really late at night). and if someone else has a bad connection, it makes others lag until that person gets d/ced

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

it's fun online but pretty boring solo.

lalalei

:o

I've been playing offline and having a blast! Can't wait to try co-op! :shock:

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

This ends up feeling slow and clunky, and the combat is far from tactical from what I could tell.Granpire
That's pretty much how I felt. I didn't think it was an awful demo, but I felt like the character was still kind of slow and clunky. And there didn't seem to be any real decent combos or attack chains. It could have benefitted from being more like Kingdom Hearts in that respect.

well If I am not a Ragnarok Online Fan I might not like it, then it's like Phantasy Star and Monster Hunter gameplay that attracts me a lot.

DeviIHuman
Same here. The game felt kind of like PSO, more than I'd really expected it to. But I still think Phantasy Star Online 2 will be a much better game when it comes out for the VITA.