just saw something interesting on psn

This topic is locked from further discussion.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts

my buddy went to d/l the new red dead redemption content and we saw some a d/l for playing ps2 software on ps3. im not sure if that just applies to those 'special' ps3's or is this some new update for all ps3 users? we d/l it, put in a ps2 title and fail ofcourse so im assuming its just for the 80gig ps3 still????

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
I think the same question was just asked the other day, this is a fix for already B/C ps3's to raise the compatibility.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

my buddy went to d/l the new red dead redemption content and we saw some a d/l for playing ps2 software on ps3. im not sure if that just applies to those 'special' ps3's or is this some new update for all ps3 users? we d/l it, put in a ps2 title and fail ofcourse so im assuming its just for the 80gig ps3 still????

red_sovereign
Thats really old. Its been there since the 1st year of the PS3. I have no idea what it does.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

red_sovereign
It's been there since the PS3's launch, it's just for people who's PS3's can play PS2 games.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
It's for online PS2 games that need the HDD support like Final Fantasy XI and Everquest. It has nothing to do with getting backwards compatibility.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
[QUOTE="red_sovereign"]

hxczuner
It's been there since the PS3's launch, it's just for people who's PS3's can play PS2 games.

oh man i was soooo geeked over here! guess that answers my ?uestion then. cant blame me for trying...
NeveorNafelian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 NeveorNafelian
Member since 2009 • 1706 Posts

I think the same question was just asked the other day, this is a fix for already B/C ps3's to raise the compatibility.xsynth

Would this even be on the NZ store? We tend to get the **** of the crop on our store :(

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="red_sovereign"]

red_sovereign

oh man i was soooo geeked over here! guess that answers my ?uestion then. cant blame me for trying...

Yeah, it sucks bro
xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts

[QUOTE="xsynth"]I think the same question was just asked the other day, this is a fix for already B/C ps3's to raise the compatibility.NeveorNafelian

Would this even be on the NZ store? We tend to get the **** of the crop on our store :(

No idea, probably not haha. I don't have b/c anyway :(
Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts

its a download for the playstation to be compatible with all PS2 games and it also lets the playstation create virtual memory cards for saves. this has been out since week one of launch and its only available for B/C ready playstation 3's

Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xx-Addict-xX
Member since 2009 • 1119 Posts

its a download for the playstation to be compatible with all PS2 games and it also lets the playstation create virtual memory cards for saves. this has been out since week one of launch and its only available for B/C ready playstation 3's

lions_rock_2008
It's been there forever. My BC PS3 needed to DL so you can save games. It basically puts like a 'function'? Don't know wat word to use so that you can save you PS2 files and such. It's nothing drastic, but early on i think people were having trouble saving ps2 games because the game couldn't find like the old memory cards you'd use, so they put out this 'patch' to help fix and keep things running smoothly. It's useless nowadays because no new ps3's can use this feature
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="red_sovereign"]

I think it is for playing PS2 games online.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Yeah it's for the old PS3's that could actually play PS2 games. It's been in the store for forever :P