Just purchased a ps4. Any advice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

Purchased my ps4 off of ebay and will be here next week. Will be getting Infamous SS (liked the first 2) and the last of us remastered (my ps3 died before it came out)

I admit I am mostly an xbox 360 player. I had a ps3 for 3 years and got the yellow light over a year and a half ago. Any advice for a new ps4 user?

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

Get ps plus it's worth the price.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Upgrade the HDD, 500 gb is ludicrous with 40+ gb game installations. It's really easy to install a new one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Get AC IV, best game on the console

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Get PS+.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Driveclub is awesome online, the team racing is a lot of fun.

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

umm..... play it... ?

But seriously.... if you havent played TLOU... get Remastered NOW! Terrific SP campaign... and wonderful MP.

Ummm..... The Evil Within is quite good, if you like Resident Evil 4, you will like TEW.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming next month... and although Bungie lied to us about what we could expect from Destiny, what is there is fun. Feels like 60-70% of what the final product was supposed to be though.

Try the FREE PS+ games of course.

freakinFreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freakinFreddy
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

yea! Get ps plus and enjoy a bunch of free games, Infamous SS is a blast and get the wallet ready for blood born and the order in a couple of months... also buy some new under wear for the end of next year for uncharted ;) lol i kid i kid

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Good choice on Infamous; it's my favorite game for the system so far. I like how the platinum isn't insanely hard to get, but still requires a real amount of effort.

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

Um, there's not much "advice" to give... I'd just say to upgrade the HDD BEFORE you start playing your games because that way all of your shit will be on one and you won't lose any of it or risk losing it. PS+ is a good thing to get, you get free games monthly so that's not bad. AC: Unity is coming next month, you should pick that up... That's about it.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

Get Wolfenstein (you can get it for cheap now), ACIV, Last of Us, and I agree that Ps plus is great, with it you can play free DCUO which is really cool.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#13 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

First, get PS +. It's well worth the 50 bucks you pay for a years worth of great service, deals, and other great features. As for games, definitely get The Last of Us Remastered, Infamous, Destiny (I personally enjoy it), and any of the free PS + games that are available for the month. Future games are all up to you though, although Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 look damn good right now.

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

PS + & Destiny, it's slowly but surely going to come good on it's promise. The basic foundation and game mechanics are fun already, and it will only get better down the line with more investment. It's definitely one of those slow starter games. I'd say jump on before you get leveled out..

LoU Remastered is well worth playing even if you've completed both campaigns on PS3. It looks stunning on PS4 and raises hopes of U4 looking incredible. I'd say to any PS4 owner, that they should seriously consider picking up a Vita also, they're pretty damn cheap now, but if you can hold out for a new version, you should. The current design Controls need to be further improved somehow, and with good feedback and design, I expect it will be.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@mdk12345 said:

There's not much to play on PS4. Get Resogun. I really don't know what else.

honestly just stop it now.

If you honestly cannot find a game to play on the PS4 (considering all multiplats are out for it) you really shouldn't be gaming on PS4 or even commenting.

This has been the biggest launch year ever for the amount of games released, the big hitters haven't released yet, but still the major releases of the year for multiplats have.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

@mdk12345: PC is an open box not a console.

As to the original question.

I'll reiterate what most others said. PS+ is a must. Upgrade your HD only if you don't like game maintenance. That's about it. Your starter games are good. Destiny is really fun in the multiplayer department.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Microsoft is coming out with a Sunset Overdrive or Assassin's Creed Unity which includes Black Flag XBOX One for only $350.

I am hoping Sony would also come out with 1TB PS4 system bundled with a game for $350.