just finished mass effect 3 ahhh

This topic is locked from further discussion.

willy5321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 willy5321
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So i just finished mass effect 3 i loved it just like i loved all the mass effects, another thing all the mass effects have in common is the ability to almost make me **** my self with there insane endings this one had to be the best game and ending of all mass effects my heart almost stopped with the ending. While although the ending to mass effect 3 may of been breathtaking it also confused me a bit i wont say how for those of you who havent played it yet but if you have'nt played it yet i doubt you will be reading this, anyways what i will say is there could possibly be another game i think but there probably wont be. So in conclusion if you haven't picked this game up yet i suggest you do immediately especially if you have played the other games in mass effect franchise
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I thought it was the most underwhelming of the trilogy. Had a lot of explosions thought that's for sure. Lacked in exploration elements of the first, and the character development/crew interactions of the second.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Incredible trilogy, best new ip of this gen.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

So i just finished mass effect 3 i loved it just like i loved all the mass effects, another thing all the mass effects have in common is the ability to almost make me **** my self with there insane endings this one had to be the best game and ending of all mass effects my heart almost stopped with the ending. While although the ending to mass effect 3 may of been breathtaking it also confused me a bit i wont say how for those of you who havent played it yet but if you have'nt played it yet i doubt you will be reading this, anyways what i will say is there could possibly be another game i think but there probably wont be. So in conclusion if you haven't picked this game up yet i suggest you do immediately especially if you have played the other games in mass effect franchisewilly5321
Proper punctuation goes a long way.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

you actually thought the ending was good? i guess you're in the minority then. there was a huge outcry over the ending everyone hated it, myself included. its sucks since mass effect series is my favourite this gen. i thought ME3 was great but the end sucked. oh and btw, im pretty sure that they already said that there would be another mass effect, except its going to have a different main character and is probably a long ways ahead. bioware made way too much money not to make another one. im all for it though the more mass effect the better.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I tried the demo. I used firearms when crouched behind a cover, the character lifted his arms above the cover to shoot. I used a special power. The character moved his arms to the front thus sending the power into the cover. Pathetic game mechanic. Moving on.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 idunnodude

I tried the demo. I used firearms when crouched behind a cover, the character lifted his arms above the cover to shoot. I used a special power. The character moved his arms to the front thus sending the power into the cover. Pathetic game mechanic. Moving on.

TheTenth10
the hell are you talking about
Alex_Kroket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alex_Kroket
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
ME3 is a great game but at the same time very disappointing, its nowhere near sd good as ME1 & 2 were, ending was confusing to say the least.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
I liked it, but it did have some issues that I thought should've been ironed out before release. A little too much lag at times during shootouts, characters disappearing from the screen then reappearing, and the red/green/blue options at the end of the game. Other then that I had a good amount of fun.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 idunnodude

wait did anyone see the article on the home page about bioware founders leaving the company to make beer or something? lol wtf, so is this the end of mass effect or what?

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

So i just finished mass effect 3 i loved it just like i loved all the mass effects, another thing all the mass effects have in common is the ability to almost make me **** my self with there insane endings this one had to be the best game and ending of all mass effects my heart almost stopped with the ending. While although the ending to mass effect 3 may of been breathtaking it also confused me a bitwilly5321

The ending of ME3 is anything but "breathtaking", it is/was a mess. What I want is a totally new ending that is fitting of Commander Shepard and the game series itself, because what there is now with or without the extended cut ending is a complete disgrace.

I thought it was the most underwhelming of the trilogy. Had a lot of explosions thought that's for sure. Lacked in exploration elements of the first, and the character development/crew interactions of the second.Minishdriveby

The Mass Effect games are my favorite games on consoles without question. I still play all three ME games, and I think that ME3 has better gameplay than the others but it did lack some of exploration. As for character development/crew interactions it was there with some of the characters but it wasn't needed since the game had mainly the same people.

Avatar image for TheWestCoastDon
TheWestCoastDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 TheWestCoastDon
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

TheTenth10

tumblr_m19jbiYf3O1r3uw24.gif

Anyway, I'm probably in the minority with the 3rd being my favorite. The way they portrayed this sense of the entire universe being at war was amazing. The romance between my femshep and Liara was the best in any of the 3. Even with the ending being pretty meh (I didn't hate it the way most players did) the journey was one of the most memorable in recent years. The last time I was hooked on a game's story like that was MGS4.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#14 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I didn't mind the original ending. I'm going to do another playthrough sometime soon with the extended cut just to see what was added.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="willy5321"]So i just finished mass effect 3 i loved it just like i loved all the mass effects, another thing all the mass effects have in common is the ability to almost make me **** my self with there insane endings this one had to be the best game and ending of all mass effects my heart almost stopped with the ending. While although the ending to mass effect 3 may of been breathtaking it also confused me a bitghstbstr

The ending of ME3 is anything but "breathtaking", it is/was a mess. What I want is a totally new ending that is fitting of Commander Shepard and the game series itself, because what there is now with or without the extended cut ending is a complete disgrace.

I thought it was the most underwhelming of the trilogy. Had a lot of explosions thought that's for sure. Lacked in exploration elements of the first, and the character development/crew interactions of the second.Minishdriveby

The Mass Effect games are my favorite games on consoles with question. I still play all three ME games, and I think that ME3 has better gameplay than the others but it did lack some of exploration. As for character development/crew interactions it was there with some of the characters but it wasn't needed since the game had mainly the same people.

They improved the third person shooting throughout the series, but instead of improving the RPG aspects or exploration aspects - which traversing in the MAKO definitely needed improving - they decided to just delete them. Something that cannot be considered an improvement. As for character interactions, the majority of your party members in Mass Effect 3 are off doing their own thing. Sure you get to see them and see their plot line end, but you're left with a smaller crew with fewer options to talk to them. Also what made Mass Effect 2 so great was meeting all these amazing new characters and species. Now you're stuck with a smaller crew of the same familiar faces whom are mostly from the first game, the majority of which I didn't care for in the first game.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

The ending of 3 really ruined the game. Mass Effect 2 remains the high point of the series for me.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i kind of liked the ending, but i would have liked some things to have been done different, more endings and the decisions to have meant more. But in the end i wasn't so dissapointed
jesse10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jesse10101
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The ending is actually a really good ending if you paid attention to the entire series. Somebody recapped the entire thing in this video explaination.

http://agreeordie.com/features/gaming/251-mass-effect-3-ending-explained

Before i saw this i was like whatttt, but it makes sense now.

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#19 DiamondSlicer
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

I didn't hate it, but I liked ME2 better because the romances of ME3 were really over the top and in your face, just like DA2. I beat the game with the extended prologue. I chose to shut down/damage the mass relays and whatever else so everyone could have a fresh start. Don't know if that was the best choice, but I think the climax was good and even heartbreaking after having played all the games. It still bothers me though that the origination of the Reapers and the creator of the Reapers is not fully explained but instead you are given a vague, philisophical reasoning about life. It didn't really do it for me.

Also, Shepards name plate scene.... -sob-

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
So i just finished mass effect 3 i loved it just like i loved all the mass effects, another thing all the mass effects have in common is the ability to almost make me **** my self with there insane endings this one had to be the best game and ending of all mass effects my heart almost stopped with the ending. While although the ending to mass effect 3 may of been breathtaking it also confused me a bit i wont say how for those of you who havent played it yet but if you have'nt played it yet i doubt you will be reading this, anyways what i will say is there could possibly be another game i think but there probably wont be. So in conclusion if you haven't picked this game up yet i suggest you do immediately especially if you have played the other games in mass effect franchisewilly5321
Your the minority on liking the ending. Most were very ticked off by it. And No there will not be another game for this group. But they will make another game in this universe. That much has been said already.
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

wait did anyone see the article on the home page about bioware founders leaving the company to make beer or something? lol wtf, so is this the end of mass effect or what?

idunnodude
Yea they pretty much ran for the hills. And have quit game altogether. But somebody else will make a new series. And hopefully have a actual good ending now.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

That people are still whining about the ending is further evidence of the staggering sense of entitlement so many gamers have.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Minishdriveby

That people are still whining about the ending is further evidence of the staggering sense of entitlement so many gamers have.

worlock77

It's not entitlement; it's critique.

Lazy_Marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Lazy_Marine
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

welcome to the club of "i liked mass effect 3's ending" , we maybe silent but we are many. Its an incredible game i loved the original ending no doubt the entire series is one of the best ever made. While some people have legitmate complaints, the vast majority of so called 'errors or plotholes have been refuted if you google the answers, i didn't even need them refuted as the ending made sense to me.

Unfotunately the haters have been v v LOUD, which made Bioware cry and the creators got sick and quit.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Minishdriveby

A critique is simply "I didn't care for ____ because ____". Still raging over it and demanding a new ending almost a year later is spoiled entitlement.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

A critique is simply "I didn't care for ____ because ____". Still raging over it and demanding a new ending almost a year later is spoiled entitlement.

For over 5 years I have and soo many others have been fans of the Mass Effect series and albeit "entitlement" or "critique" or "whatever the hell you want to call it" it may just be true. I think being a loyal fan does deserve such things and we fans of the Mass Effect deserve more than that crappy ending(extended or not), and for that matter the characters of the game deserve alot more than that crappy ending(extended or not).

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"] It's not entitlement; it's critique.

ghstbstr

For over 5 years I have and soo many others have been fans of the Mass Effect series and albeit "entitlement" or "critique" or "whatever the hell you want to call it" it may just be true. I think being a loyal fan does deserve such things and we fans of the Mass Effect deserve more than that crappy ending(extended or not), and for that matter the characters of the game deserve alot more than that crappy ending(extended or not).

And why do you think that you're entitled to dictate someone else's creative vision?

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 idunnodude

[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

And why do you think that you're entitled to dictate someone else's creative vision?

*spoilers*

cuz hes been a loyal paying customer of that creative vision for the last 5 years or whatever. hey i get it if it's just a couple ppl pissed about the ending, but it was pretty much everyone that played the game, and with the outcry they had its obvious that they screwed up somewhere or that there were some serious plotholes. i do respect bioware though for actually listening and releasing the extended cut, whether it was a big improvement or not im sure many ppl appreciated it.

either way ME has been my favourite games this gen and i thought ME3 was excellent up until the end. i mean cmon, think about it like this. you spend almost the whole serious trying to convince ppl of a greater threat, then in ME3 you spend all the time recruiting the galaxies top forces to all unite and put aside their differences for the greater good. i dont know about the rest of you, but i did every freakin sidequests i could find to make sure i had the best chances of winning this thing.

and after all that, all the epic battles, memories, and experiences you went through with your team, regardless of how much you tried, they tell you here is 3 choices. and they don't even tell you which choice is which ( hell they even trick you in a sense with the colours, i was furious when i accidentally picked the choice that contradicted my whole playstyle for the last 3 games) and whichever one you pick you are pretty much screwed regardless, and shepard dies for whatever reason. i love the games i really do, but they really dropped the bomb on us with that ending. it seems like an ongoing trend with games this year though, epic game series with crappy endings (AC3 anyone?).

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#29 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1578 Posts
everyone survived on my side :), but i'm not too fussed about the story lines, i just like a good game that keeps me going :). ME is quite possibly the best trilogy ever made :)
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

For over 5 years I have and soo many others have been fans of the Mass Effect series and albeit "entitlement" or "critique" or "whatever the hell you want to call it" it may just be true. I think being a loyal fan does deserve such things and we fans of the Mass Effect deserve more than that crappy ending(extended or not), and for that matter the characters of the game deserve alot more than that crappy ending(extended or not).idunnodude

*spoilers*

cuz hes been a loyal paying customer of that creative vision for the last 5 years or whatever. hey i get it if it's just a couple ppl pissed about the ending, but it was pretty much everyone that played the game, and with the outcry they had its obvious that they screwed up somewhere or that there were some serious plotholes. i do respect bioware though for actually listening and releasing the extended cut, whether it was a big improvement or not im sure many ppl appreciated it.

either way ME has been my favourite games this gen and i thought ME3 was excellent up until the end. i mean cmon, think about it like this. you spend almost the whole serious trying to convince ppl of a greater threat, then in ME3 you spend all the time recruiting the galaxies top forces to all unite and put aside their differences for the greater good. i dont know about the rest of you, but i did every freakin sidequests i could find to make sure i had the best chances of winning this thing.

and after all that, all the epic battles, memories, and experiences you went through with your team, regardless of how much you tried, they tell you here is 3 choices. and they don't even tell you which choice is which ( hell they even trick you in a sense with the colours, i was furious when i accidentally picked the choice that contradicted my whole playstyle for the last 3 games) and whichever one you pick you are pretty much screwed regardless, and shepard dies for whatever reason. i love the games i really do, but they really dropped the bomb on us with that ending. it seems like an ongoing trend with games this year though, epic game series with crappy endings (AC3 anyone?).

So if you've been listening to a certain band for a certain period of time you're then entitled to dictate what music they should be making? If you pay to see a movie are you then entitled to tell the director and/or writers what movie they should make next? And no, it's not "pretty much everyone who played the game". It's a bunch of people who post on game forums compared to how many millions who bought the game.

As for the rest of your post - so what? Were you ever promised any certain ending? Were you ever promised any certain sequence of events in the story? Were you ever promised that Shepard wouldn't die?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Your original post didn't say anything about demands, just that people were "Whining [complaining about how bad] about the ending." A complaint is a critique, and no matter how much time passes the critique isn't going to change.

Personally I didn't care about the ending. I found the whole game disappointing, and I will vocally state that whenever there is a discussion about the game. I guess you could call it entitlement because I am entitled to my opinion.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"] It's not entitlement; it's critique.

Minishdriveby

Your original post didn't say anything about demands, just that people were "Whining [complaining about how bad] about the ending." A complaint is a critique, and no matter how much time passes the critique isn't going to change.

Personally I didn't care about the ending. I found the whole game disappointing, and I will vocally state that whenever there is a discussion about the game. I guess you could call it entitlement because I am entitled to my opinion.

Others in this thread have demanded a new ending.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Others in this thread have demanded a new ending.

Only one person (ghstbstr) in the entire thread said they wanted a new ending. Everyone else who said anything about the ending just expressed their opinions in this thread.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 idunnodude

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

And why do you think that you're entitled to dictate someone else's creative vision?worlock77

*spoilers*

So if you've been listening to a certain band for a certain period of time you're then entitled to dictate what music they should be making? If you pay to see a movie are you then entitled to tell the director and/or writers what movie they should make next? And no, it's not "pretty much everyone who played the game". It's a bunch of people who post on game forums compared to how many millions who bought the game.

As for the rest of your post - so what? Were you ever promised any certain ending? Were you ever promised any certain sequence of events in the story? Were you ever promised that Shepard wouldn't die?

movies and music are whole different things. if you would like me to elaborate on that i will, but thats a whole nother thing. and they get critiqued a lot too. and when public doesn't like they change it up either to get sales, or cuz they care about their fanbase. you really think they wouldve added the extended cut just for the ppl on the forums? thats ridiculous, they care but they don't care that much. i never said that they promised anything with it, why would they do that? i just said after 3 games, all that time, and all the character and plot development shouldve amounted to something that made more sense instead of just randomly throwing in some kid telling you that you have 3 choices, which again, weren't even specified which was which.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Minishdriveby

It seems like an ongoing trend with games this year though, epic game series with crappy endings (AC3 anyone?).idunnodude
Assassin's Creed never had good endings. Nothing in the present timeline was especially amazing with those games. It didn't really drop the ball because there was no ball to drop.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]It seems like an ongoing trend with games this year though, epic game series with crappy endings (AC3 anyone?).Minishdriveby

Assassin's Creed never had good endings. Nothing in the present timeline was especially amazing with those games. It didn't really drop the ball because there was no ball to drop.

Yeah, AC invests way too much time in the story, when it is really not that good. Mass Effect had a great story, the ending left a lot to be desired, but overall I was satisfied.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]It seems like an ongoing trend with games this year though, epic game series with crappy endings (AC3 anyone?).Granny_Spanked

Yeah, AC invests way too much time in the story, when it is really not that good. Mass Effect had a great story, the ending left a lot to be desired, but overall I was satisfied.

I'd say that Assassin's Creed story shines when you're playing your ancestor's memories in the Animus, but all the present day sci-fi crap is silly.