Just Cause 2 has VERY time consuming trophies.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Just Cause 2 has plenty of Trophies that are simple and easy to obtain, but several that take AGES. One trophy requires to reach 100% in 100 locations, which isn't a small task. But what is even more overwhelming is the fact that I have nearly acheived this, but only at 38% completion of the game, when another trophy says to "reach 75% completion of the game" (thank God it's not 100%) and for such a massive game, this could take weeks of non-stop playing.

Also another game that comes to mind when I say "time consuming trophy" is UT3. 200 kills on 50 different days? No thank you. win 500 online matches? No thank you.

Any other games that seem to have overly tedious trophies?

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Thats nothing.. Socom and Warhawk have the most time consuming/difficult trophies in my opinion.. Also GTAIV is pretty bad..
JKG33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 JKG33
Member since 2006 • 656 Posts

the modnation racers XP trophies would take a while. Also some of the MLB 10 franchise trophies where you need to play at least 82 games look time consuming.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UnrealLegend

Thats nothing.. Socom and Warhawk have the most time consuming/difficult trophies in my opinion.. Also GTAIV is pretty bad..PoisoN_Facecam0

yeah, I've heard Warhawk is pretty bad

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PoisoN_Facecam0

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Thats nothing.. Socom and Warhawk have the most time consuming/difficult trophies in my opinion.. Also GTAIV is pretty bad..UnrealLegend

yeah, I've heard Warhawk is pretty bad

its easily 1000+ hours if you don't cheat alot to platinum the game..
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
at the time killzone 2 came out, took me a week playing 6 hours a dayonline for 1 trophy, which is probably not the best thing to do, and i think Resistance 2 and Chronicles of Riddick, have the dreaded 10000 kill trophy? (or something like that) Thing is i thought trophies were for achievement and for specific skills at times, and shouldnt be outright ridiciulous time consumption, if people like those trophies, they can have them, but they should be offered in say a free seperate patch not on the disc
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

and i guess that's why trophies are entirely optional and would not bother you one bit unless you allow them to.

DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
If I wanted the Warhawk one at the rate of points I'm going at I'd have to play it for another 800 hours minimum for the rank of General =/
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I remember a reviewer saying it would take an awful-long time to try and do EVERYTHING in the game... just picked this title up for $29.99 today, as a matter of fact... odd that you post this, seems I'll be getting to RDR (the game I have in line for my next open-world title to buy once finished with JC2) around the end of next year!

Nice to know! I feel like this has been money well-spent. The grappling hook is sublime! Most Fun Tool/ Weapon In A LOOONG Time!

:P

inFamousLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inFamousLemon
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

Socom: Confrontation. < I just wish i could remove it from the trophy list.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UnrealLegend

I remember a reviewer saying it would take an awful-long time to try and do EVERYTHING in the game... just picked this title up for $29.99 today, as a matter of fact... odd that you post this, seems I'll be getting to RDR (the game I have in line for my next open-world title to buy once finished with JC2) around the end of next year!

Nice to know! I feel like this has been money well-spent. The grappling hook is sublime! Most Fun Tool/ Weapon In A LOOONG Time!

:P

MonkeySpot

Congrats:)

TheIpodBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 TheIpodBoy
Member since 2010 • 290 Posts

i have the game myself: 69% of the trophies completed the rest will take A VERY long time to complete which has put me off the game.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Doesn't sound that bad when compared to Battlefield: Bad Company.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
You aren't entitled to every trophy in every game. There should be trophies there that onl the most dedicated will get - like beating Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja difficulty (does anyone here have this trophy?).
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PoisoN_Facecam0
If I wanted the Warhawk one at the rate of points I'm going at I'd have to play it for another 800 hours minimum for the rank of General =/DanC1989
I actually almost hit general a little while after it came out... then those fudge packers decided to reset the servers :(.. nearly 600 hours down the toilet.... and to boot the changed to points system so it takes even longer now!
DarkLord-Sven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 DarkLord-Sven
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I agree with this. The same with GTA IV Trophies.